Media Iaquinta vs Masival rounds 1 & 2 (spoiler alert: Masvidal was robbed)

Love Al, but Masvidal won all 3 rounds. Horrible decision, it was like Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann to a lesser extent.

Masvidal definitely won that fight, and just cruised in control of round 3 but for some reason let that round slide

I think Ragin Al got his nickname after that, when he went beserk on the mic as a reaction to the crowd

When a guy gets "robbed" because he thinks he's point fought his way to victory and coasts in the last round...

srICDr1.jpg

When a guy gets "robbed" because he thinks he's point fought his way to victory and coasts in the last round...

srICDr1.jpg

Yeah. In some ways it's a good thing. Like Hendricks's pin and pray being punished by the judges even if he dominated position for almost the entire round.

Jorge has lost a few fights he won, he’s got some of the best hands in MMA imo.

He should be at 155 to but doesn’t give a fook

Masvidal did it to himself again in that fight. He chose to coast after winning the first rather than go after Al in the last two rounds and got punished by the judges. I don't know why people were surprised at the decision.

Regardless. He won the fight imo

Regardless. He won the fight imo

Mine too. But I wasn't surprised at the decision. Al was rewarded by the judges for fighting to win and Masvidal got punished for trying to coast after one big round. Not for the first or last time.

You guys Booing me?!?!

LOL at Al trying to tell the crowd not to boo him. Good luck trying to tell over 10K people not to boo you Al, I am sure they will listen....He did not realize they were not booing him but the results...

I scored it for Masvidal and I’m a huge ragin Al fan. I was more bummed for Masvidal at the end of it.
However...we would have been robbed of that amazing post fight speech had Masvidal won lol
sEuiVC.gif

You booin’ Me?! Fuck you!

Masvidal did it to himself again in that fight. He chose to coast after winning the first rather than go after Al in the last two rounds and got punished by the judges. I don't know why people were surprised at the decision.

"Got punished by the judges"

The fuck is that. Masvidal was clearly the superior standup fighter.

No judge "punishes" a wrestler for lay and praying.

I wish he would be more aggressive all the time.

Masvidal got robbed. But this fight was YEARS ago.
Iaquinta is now ranked 4 in LW.
Masvidal should consider dropping back down. He got outclassed by Wonderboy.

Yes Masvidal won....As if it's some knock against Al to have had a controversial win again Jorge Masvidal who is pretty much the toughest fight for anyone at 155-170.

It was a competitive fight, and Al deserves a lot of credit for recovering from the combo he ate in the first round that dropped him. I still think Masvidal is the only guy to ever drop Al.

I gave it to Al.It was a close fight and I don't get how anyone can say it was a robbery.

If i were masvidal I'd petition for a rematch now or even better if laquinta puts himself self in a spot light after beating a bigger name.

I definitely scored it for Masvidal but you're right; Masvidal tried to coast as soon as he thought he was far enough ahead to win the decision. Very poor fight IQ

I like AI as much as the next guy, but I thought that Masvidal was blatantly robbed in their match. Happens but I don’t understand some of these judges, are they blind or bought off. We all can’t be wrong and the judges are right.

Fighter A clearly loses 2 rounds, really getting tooled in the first. Before round 3 corner tells him to go for the finish or we lose. He doesn’t get the finish, doesn’t even get close. His opponent, fighter B, fights round 3 more safely as he knows fighter A will be desperate.

Fighter B wins the decision easily as fighter A didn’t get the finish he was going for as he was behind in scorecards.

Sounds about right?

Now replace fighter A with Iaquinta and B with Masvidal.

”Masvidal was coasting in the 3rd round. He deserved to lose that fight, so judges got it right.”

What the fuck? In what parallel universe does it go like that? That’s ass-backwards thinking with absolutely no logic behind it.

The fact you still see shit judging like that makes me a little angry.

Masvidal can't finish a fight no matter how badly he hurts anyone

Back