IBF strips GGG *confirmed*

He should still make the fight for August and then Charlo at the end of the year. Or BJS if that will delay the mandatory. They're in a bind now without many options. I don't think there's any big fight for him to compete against Canelo vs Jacobs. He's going to have to stay busy.
It seems staying busy is what he likes to do, so maybe this is a blessing. Chasing the big fights has really cut down his activity over the last 18 mos.

What fights would you make for him?
For one
Have Abel stfu about who he won't fight or will and as negotiations are taking place he should just no comment it...

Second thing was at least let his public know of plan B.

And for his team saying 50-50 or nothing was a disaster

Forcing a ppv vs a big sporting event just because was bad

Yeah hindsight and all but that was mentioned to him way in advance but was ignored

It seems staying busy is what he likes to do, so maybe this is a blessing. Chasing the big fights has really cut down his activity over the last 18 mos.
That's a good observation

For one
Have Abel stfu about who he won't fight or will and as negotiations are taking place he should just no comment it...

Second thing was at least let his public know of plan B.

And for his team saying 50-50 or nothing was a disaster

Forcing a ppv vs a big sporting event just because was bad

Yeah hindsight and all but that was mentioned to him way in advance but was ignored
No, that's not what I'm asking, what moves would you make if you were in charge as far as opponents.

No, that's not what I'm asking, what moves would you make if you were in charge as far as opponents.
I guess dream of unification is dead now that the IBF belt is gone, so no BJS. Charlo isn’t known to anybody outside of hard core boxing fans so he seems unlikely (goodbye WBC belt?). Maybe it will Ryoto Murata in Japan. If the guy’s as popular as Bob Arum says he is, that will be a decent payday.

matchmaking is not my strength, I would get advised with an expert matchmaker. As a business owner, it's better to pay for sound advice.

matchmaking is not my strength, I would get advised with an expert matchmaker. As a business owner, it's better to pay for sound advice.
Well just let me know when I can help out. I'll only charge you twice my normal rate. :D

Charlo, Andrade, Jacobs, move up for Gilberto Ramirez, George Groves (out for a bit I think?), or invite Jarett Hurd , or Jermell Charlo up for a dance.

Hurd vs GGG would be an incredible fight, for as long as those chins held up.

Canelo is the man to beat at 160.

I think he’s the man to fight at 160. But I still think GGG has a better, at least equal, claim as “the man” at 160. Canelo was the lineal champ, but his next 2 fights were not at 160. In the meantime, Golovkin fought the number 2 fighter and won. Then a got a draw against Canelo when Saul came back to 160.

Beating either at 160 is equal in accomplishment imo. Canelo just brings more upside in the fight, and maybe as a result of his popularity more upside in a potential defeat. But that last part isn’t cut and dry, as Jeff Horn would probably attest.

10xwy14.jpg

I guess this must mean Golovkin still thinks the Canelo rematch may well happen, not sure why else he'd not take this fight knowing the consequences of turning it down

{<hhh] See you guys in September with or without Golovkin..

giphy.gif

CA NE LO !!

I think its fair game. People complained when Golovkin wasn't getting the big fights, why does he get to not fight his mandatory opponents?

I think it speaks more to the problem that there are too many belts than anything else. Crawford had two then picked up two and was fully unified. Awesome, but luck lined up where he could snag two in one go and then he vacated anyway (no judgment). Unifying is near impossible to pull off one belt at a time.

I think it speaks more to the problem that there are too many belts than anything else. Crawford had two then picked up two and was fully unified. Awesome, but luck lined up where he could snag two in one go and then he vacated anyway (no judgment). Unifying is near impossible to pull off one belt at a time.
Can he still sign to fight D. by August? He should still try to unify against BJS and try to face his mandatories. If he picks up the WBO it'll still be just one loose belt. Hope this is all sorted out by the end of next year and we have a unified champ who ever it is.

Back