Ice cold showers after workouts

i take cold showers nearly everyday, a Barber told me i had beautiful skin recently , some people say i look younger since i've been taking them, my muscles recover quicker and i don't seem to get injured as much. it also gives me a mood boost due to the endorphin rush. This helped me get some feel-good chemicals while i was withdrawing from Crystal meth.
I'd wager quitting crystal meth does more for you than taking cold showers.

There's one of those metal bath for our athletic teams at my college. I heard only the rugby team uses it though.

What about sauna? When can that be helpful? Sauna it's pretty popular with East European athletes, I think they know what they are doing. I'm going to move soon to a new place and they have a sauna in the condo complex, do you guys think it's worth trying?

Yes. Sauna use increases your growth hormone level.

From Rhonda Patrick
"For example, two 20-minute sauna sessions at 80°C (176°F) separated by a 30-minute cooling period elevated growth hormone levels two-fold over baseline.

Whereas, two 15-minute sauna sessions at 100°C (212°F) dry heat separated by a
30-minute cooling period resulted in a five-fold increase in growth hormone.

However, what’s perhaps more amazing is that repeated exposure to whole-body hyperthermia through sauna use has an even more profound effect on boosting growth hormone immediately afterward: two one-hour sauna sessions a day at 80°C (176°F) dry heat (okay, this is a bit extreme) for 7 days was shown to
increase growth hormone by 16-fold on the third day. The growth hormone
effects generally persist for a couple of hours post-sauna.It is also noteworthy,
however, is that sauna use and exercise can synergize to significantly elevate growth
hormone when used in conjunction with each other."

Full article https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...YD4sQFghTMAs&usg=AOvVaw3OWY9JWv5_WjCAatmebiGn

I was only addicted to it for a few months, I wouldn't reccomend even trying the shit. Just so not worth it with how fast pulls you under the water.

Last edited:
i cant stand the cold. I find hot baths helped me recover. I dont know if the cold shower thing is bro science or not.........contrast hydrotherapy is good for injuries though.

Back