Icewind Dale EE for 3 shekels on GOG

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
3 shekels for the Enhanced Edition is quite a bargain, especially since it comes with the expansions as well. It's a very old game (it came out in 2000) but if you love rpgs and you missed it when it came out I definitely recommend it, the game is gorgeous and very atmospheric and the fact that the ''graphics'' are beautiful hand-painted backgrounds didn't really make them ''age'' so to speak (although the character models are very low-res). The combat is the focus of the game and it's fun (although micromanaging 6 members will require a lot of pausing during combat), pretty challenging at times (there might be one of the most memorable boss fights ever in this game) and you can create a full party from the start. Any other sherdogger who loved this game?

some screenshots I took when I last played it:

g90rw9l.jpg

vpF5Qzc.jpg

aycWfgv.png

HmO99gh.jpg

I loved it. I played IWD before I got into the BG series and later the NWN series, so in a way it had a ton of influence on my gaming for a good 10 year stretch. If I didn't enjoy IWD I probably wouldn't have gotten into BG (and maybe not NWN & DA, ME, etc).

Back