Identity politics could cost Democrats 2020

This is the liberal handbook in reverse, now.

I literally had to explain to a poster in another thread yesterday that Joe Rogan isn't Alt-Right, Candace Owens isn't Alt-Right, and the JRE isn't a "platform for the Alt-Right". He believed this. Sincerely. I've heard the word "racist" used incorrectly in a sentence more in the past three years than my entire life previously-- times three.

No, he isn't an exception, anecdote, or anomaly. He's taking his cues from mainstream media outlets like The Daily Mail and CNN. They routinely label media personalities as "Alt-Right" or "extreme" or "fringe" or "far right" that aren't any of those things.

The identity politics race-baiting "Southern Strategy" has a fraternal twin. The liberals as every bit as racist as the conservatives, and I'd opine more so, lately, as a matter of official or mainstream party rhetoric/policy.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I don't see this as a significant group on the left. Sure, you have the virtue signaling types, the Bernie bros, ANTIFA assholes, etc. but they're a small minority as far as I can see. Also, in the post you quoted, I was referring to political leaders (not sure if that changes your thoughts on my post).

I understand what you are saying, and there is no reason for you to believe me or not believe me, but I really think it is almost all cooked up by the fringe and the media.

I interact with black people from Baltimore city regularly, and they are not racist at all. I also interact with recent immigrants a lot from Central America, and they are not racist either and they are cool as shit. I cannot find all of this racial unrest that the media speaks of.
Same. I very rarely see racism, and when I do it's so subtle that the person probably isn't aware of it. It's on the internet and in our politics and baked into some of our institutions, but I can't find it in my day to day life.

A Cautionary Tale: Chapter One

justin-trudeau-pride-toronto-prime-minister-2016.jpg

Not a fan of Trudeau at all but I'd take him over Trump any day.

LOL the people who believe there is a white genocide and go to rallies and chant "you will not replace us" accuse everyone else of "identity politics".

Just LOL

President Donald Trump is talking about ending the federal ban on marijuana, maybe that will help ease your fears?

I would be happy and applaud him for it, does that outweigh everything else I hate about him, no. And wait and see if anything actually happens, Trump takes both sides of an issue constantly.

LOL the people who believe there is a white genocide and go to rallies and chant "you will not replace us" accuse everyone else of "identity politics".

Just LOL
The woman that wrote the article I posted is a black progressive.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I don't see this as a significant group on the left. Sure, you have the virtue signaling types, the Bernie bros, ANTIFA assholes, etc. but they're a small minority as far as I can see. Also, in the post you quoted, I was referring to political leaders (not sure if that changes your thoughts on my post).
No, you're not looking, or when you do look, you don't see.

That's part of the problem.

No, you're not looking, or when you do look, you don't see.

That's part of the problem.
So what is the evidence that racist liberals are now a force on the left? I'm happy to be corrected.

So what is the evidence that racist liberals are now a force on the left?
The fact that the Democratic party is literally branding people "racists" if they don't agree with economic policy on taxation, due to the concentration of races at different income levels, or pertaining to philosophical civic matters, such as a reluctance to embrace the radical (or at least deeply confused) progressive approach to policing by #BLM.

To abuse the concept of racism in service of a political agenda conforms to a definition of racism itself; because it demands an extreme prejudice regarding social matters through a prism of "race" which is specifically leveraged against those who are perceived to be hostile to the purveyors of this agenda-- an agenda comfortably grouping these people according strictly to the color of their skin.

"Critical Race Theory" is textbook racism, and it has taken hold of the liberal platform. It defines the party, now.

This doesn't limit itself to race, and its potential for absurdity is unbound. That's why you have the SLPC thread on the front page where a liberal activist group literally designated a Muslim reformer an "anti-Muslim bigot".

I understand what you are saying, and there is no reason for you to believe me or not believe me, but I really think it is almost all cooked up by the fringe and the media.

I interact with black people from Baltimore city regularly, and they are not racist at all. The kids look up to white and black people as if they don't notice a difference at all. I also interact with recent immigrants a lot from Central America, and they are not racist either and they are cool as shit. I cannot find all of this racial unrest that the media speaks of.

Despite the media rhetoric, I've never seen less racism and prejudice in my entire life (in real life) than now.
I get called racist like 6 times a day on this site.

The fact that the Democratic party is literally branding people "racists" if they don't agree with economic policy on taxation, due to the concentration of races at different income levels, or pertaining to philosophical civic matters, such as a reluctance to embrace the radical (or at least deeply confused) progressive approach to policing by #BLM.

To abuse the concept of racism in service of a political agenda conforms to a definition of racism itself; because it demands an extreme prejudice regarding social matters through a prism of "race" which is specifically leveraged against those who are perceived to be hostile to the purveyors of this agenda-- an agenda that is comfortable grouping these people according strictly to the color of their skin.

"Critical Race Theory" is textbook racism, and it has taken hold of the liberal platform. It defines the party, now.

This doesn't limit itself to race, and its potential for absurdity is unbound. That's why you have the SLPC thread on the front page where a liberal activist group literally designated a Muslim reformer an "anti-Muslim bigot".
Anyone, not just Democrats, need to get it right when they throw the racism tag at people, so you won't see me argue with that. But I think you're overestimating it's use and effectiveness as it pertains to politics (on the left). At least this claim is plausible and yes, we can dig up examples of idiots on the left throwing the racist tag carelessly or with bad intentions, but I just don't it's moving the political needle on the left. Not sure if there's evidence out there that proves me wrong, but until I see it I'm not buying your thesis here. Again, happy to be proven wrong though. To the extent it exists, it's toxic and needs to be denounced.

Also, this is quite different than your earlier claim that the left is just as, if not more racist than the right, which is a more controversial claim than the claims you make in this post.

Back