Identity politics could cost Democrats 2020

I understand what you are saying, and there is no reason for you to believe me or not believe me, but I really think it is almost all cooked up by the fringe and the media.

I interact with black people from Baltimore city regularly, and they are not racist at all. The kids look up to white and black people as if they don't notice a difference at all. I also interact with recent immigrants a lot from Central America, and they are not racist either and they are cool as shit. I cannot find all of this racial unrest that the media speaks of.

Despite the media rhetoric, I've never seen less racism and prejudice in my entire life (in real life) than now.

You leave me speechless at times. To lecture other people on how they get cooked up by the media. But in your first post you use the word inbreds to describe people.

You’d be surprised at the level of racism in some areas. It’s out there on both sides. It’s not a violent racism. It’s an untrusting sort of belief that the other side is out to get you.

You can choose to ignore it because you do not see it in your area. My area is devoid of it also because it’s an affluent area. But I grew up in an extreme poor area and it was there

I get called racist like 6 times a day on this site.

I think you say things that people can't make sense of, and you do it often enough that people conclude you must just be racist.

For example, in this thread you seemed to truly believe a lot of Americans would support segregating the races. To me, that's outlandish, but I know you well enough to hear you out. You went on to say that you think inner-city black people and Mexicans appear to want segregation to yo you went on to say that you think inner-city black people and Mexicans appear to want segregation to you. From that I concluded, hopefully correctly, that you are not racist you just don't know a lot of people and draw conclusions based on what you hear in the media.

I know lots of people from the two groups you listed very well, and they absolutely do not want or feel what you think. I think your misconceptions lead a lot of people do you think you are downright racist.

But that actually supports what I am saying here. They are not racist against you, they are disgusted by you because they actually think you are racist based on what you say. They don't like you because I bet they actually know and care about people who they believe you seem to hate.

You leave me speechless at times. To lecture other people on how they get cooked up by the media. But in your first post you use the word inbreds to describe people.

You’d be surprised at the level of racism in some areas. It’s out there on both sides. It’s not a violent racism. It’s an untrusting sort of belief that the other side is out to get you.

You can choose to ignore it because you do not see it in your area. My area is devoid of it also because it’s an affluent area. But I grew up in an extreme poor area and it was there

Oh boy, here we go. Please tell me how using the word inbred to describe dumb people relates to the media.

And if the economy continues to do well what then?
Focus on the corruption of the president, the damage his appointees like Pruitt are doing to the environment, Devos to education, etc., the disastrous and immoral policy of separating immigrant parents from their children at the border, the total ineffectiveness of the tax cuts (the only major bill passed), the praise for brutal dictators like Putin and KJU and the erosion of our relationships with western democracies, the pathetic response to the Hurricane that destroyed Puerto Rico, and many, many other examples.

I hear you, the President and Republicans have a major advantage if the economy remains this strong come election time. I just want to point out that this administration is still doing a terrible job and is totally misguided and the co equal branches of government are doing nothing to help the country.

Anyone, not just Democrats, need to get it right when they throw the racism tag at people, so you won't see me argue with that. But I think you're overestimating it's use and effectiveness as it pertains to politics. At least this claim is plausible and yes, we can dig up examples of idiots on the left throwing the racist tag carelessly or with bad intentions, but I just don't it's moving the political needle on the left. Not sure if there's evidence out there that proves me wrong, but until I see it I'm not buying your thesis here. Again, happy to be proven wrong though. To the extent it exists, it's toxic and needs to be denounced.

Also, this is quite different than your earlier claim that the left is just as, if not more racist than the right, which is a more controversial claim than the claims you make in this post.
I'm not overestimating it. You're underestimating it. That's why two posts ago, you were like, "Where is it?" before throwing out a half-hearted rhetorical challenge, and now you're like, "Well, yeah, I see that, but there's not that much of it", after you were brought to water.

Conservatives need to start suing for libel when organizations call them "Alt-Right". Clearly there are damages associated with this. People's lives and careers are destroyed if they are successfully branded as a racist. Sometimes their companies are even taken away from them. It's a material attack on a person's reputation to associate them with White Supremacist/Nationalist thought. I think people like Anne Coulter and Steve King need to start suing the shit out of media bodies that attempt to use this language. I don't think demonstrating the potential for damages is remotely questionable, anymore.

I'm not overestimating it. You're underestimating it. That's why two posts ago, you were like, "Where is it?" before throwing out a half-hearted rhetorical challenge, and now you're like, "Well, yeah, I see that, but there's not that much of it", after you were brought to water.

Conservatives need to start suing for libel when organizations call them "Alt-Right". Clearly there are damages associated with this. People's lives and careers are destroyed if they are successfully branded as a racist. Sometimes their companies are even taken away from them. It's a material attack on a person's reputation to associate them with White Supremacist/Nationalist thought. I think people like Anne Coulter and Steve King need to start suing the shit out of media bodies that attempt to use this language. I don't think demonstrating the potential for damages is remotely questionable, anymore.
You have a lot more in common with Trump than you think. Now you want to shut the media up, because it isn't saying what you want it to.

Also, I'm still waiting on a source for your earlier claim. Show me actual proof that the Democratic party cries racism at people for simply being against Democratic tax policy(which isn't even that progressive).

Oh boy, here we go. Please tell me how using the word inbred to describe dumb people relates to the media.
Who are these inbreds you are talking about? Are they inner city blacks, illegal immigrant Mexicans or Deep South whites?

Can you provide 1 media instance where that label was used for any group besides southern whites?

You come off as very sheltered. You are literally the media narrative. That those southern inbreds are still racist. But minority communities are clean of racism. Everything you say is the exact media Narrative. It’s as if that’s all u have to base your beliefs on. And living in an affluent area does not count. It’s the poor downtrodden areas where the distrust feeds

Last edited:
I bet if you used less inflammatory words than "segregation" the support would be much higher. Ask inner city black kids if they'd like a place where they don't have to contact white people. You really think there'd be no support for that idea? Come on. Mexicans create their own "little Mexicos." We know people want to be with their own.

The racial divide in this country is a real thing. It boggles me that someone would argue otherwise.
are you calling mexican-americans, mexicans?

Who are these inbreds you are talking about? Are they inner city blacks, illegal immigrant Mexicans or Deep South whites?

Can you provide 1 media instance where that label was used for any group besides southern whites?

You come off as very sheltered

Lol. I don't really have time for you today, sorry.

Not a fan of Trudeau at all but I'd take him over Trump any day.

Cyanide will kill you pretty quickly, and without any pretentiousness.
Arsneic takes a bit of time and is more insidious.

A question of taste I suppose.

Lol. No, Seano, our country would not have "a lot" of support for segregation. That's absurd. Less than 1%. Are you projecting here? Tell us how you feel.

I experience zero racial issues, and nobody I know feels anything remotely close to what you're saying.
arent you like a middle class white guy? I always hear middle class white guys talk about how much better things are now but from what I've seen and heard about racist violence,ie real racism, especially between african americans and latinos, is that it is bad or getting worse. unless you have lived in a bad neighborhood, you dont really know.

Well, I asked for evidence for it as it pertains to being a serious political movement on the left (I obviously don't expect you to dig up scientific papers but at least provide something here). To the extent people are slandered, sure, fucking sue away. I'm not sure what I said that would make you think I would oppose that. But you're falling way short of making the case that that racism is as big if not more of a problem on the left and that it's really moving the politics in an ugly direction overall for Democrats. If you were correct it would be a very serious problem for the party that claims to fight against racism as one of it's main goals.

And btw the challenge was serious, not rhetorical. I am being 100% honest when I say I'm happy to have my thinking corrected. It's better to understand the problems with the party you vote for than to bury your head in the sand. I think you're like the war rooms version of the never Trump types, but I'm just not smoking what you're rolling on this one.

arent you like a middle class white guy? I always hear middle class white guys talk about how much better things are now but from what I've seen and heard about racist violence,ie real racism, especially between african americans and latinos, is that it is bad or getting worse. unless you have lived in a bad neighborhood, you dont really know.

He doesn’t have time for real talk

There is a legit problem in most poor areas when it comes to racism. Poor whites have a belief minorities get freebies or special treatment which results in them having less poor Blacks believe whites are still prejudiced and look at them as inferior. Poor Hispanics have a very nationalistic pride to them.

It’s not a 1950s 1960s type racism

Last edited:
Lol. I don't really have time for you today, sorry.

I wouldn’t want to communicate with someone who has real life experience either. If all my info was the media, movies and the WR.

LOL

Are you referring to gang violence between black gangs and Hispanic gangs?

Are you referring to gang violence between black gangs and Hispanic gangs?
latinos cover other groups that hispanic does not. gang violence is part of it, but ive seen and heard of racially motivated violence that didnt involve people in gangs. I've also read reports of asians being targeted. Its been going on 30+ years and it isnt magically stopping because white people suddenly realized they wanted things to be post racial. Thats ego on their part. I have to wonder how well any of the white people know the non white people they interact with. Because I'm not white and I know how they really are.

latinos cover other groups that hispanic does not. gang violence is part of it, but ive seen and heard of racially motivated violence that didnt involve people in gangs. Its been going on 30+ years and it isnt magically stopping because white people suddenly realized they wanted things to be post racial. Thats ego on their part. I have to wonder how well any of the white people know the non white people they interact with. Because I'm not white and I know how they really are.

Do you have evidence that racially motivated violence is on the rise?

And if the economy continues to do well what then?

0e64ef0bfc3dc4b24367a7f6dd8c352ad9e6cd406623653ead7ed9446eb26349.jpg

Do you have evidence that racially motivated violence is on the rise?
i can post a bbc article that pretty much says so. but I assumed since alot of your posts were referring to personal experience that this was a casual conversation.
I figured since you were down with the latino immigrants that you would understand why alot of violence against them would not be reported,as many were undocumented, thus statistics would not be the most reliable thing in regards to what is happening on the streets.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41975573

Last edited:
How did Bush 2 use identity politics to get into office?
He used it to win the South Carolina primaries against McCain in 2000. There was the whisper campaign about McCain having an illegitimate black child (he has an adopted Bangledeshi daughter). Bush ended up winning the primary.

Back