If a failed Bellator fighter becomes UFC LHW Champ

People thought strikeforce was shit, until their fights came in and became champions left right and center.

Bellator will catch up, they already have top levels guys in some of their division, in a few more years, it's going to get even better

People thought strikeforce was shit, until their fights came in and became champions left right and center.

Bellator will catch up, they already have top levels guys in some of their division, in a few more years, it's going to get even better

Hardly anyone thought Strikeforce was shit. Just like Bellator most people agreed they had really good elite fighters but lacked the depth of the Ufc.

Btw it wasnt Strikeforce champs who fared well it was their great prospects. Bellator does not have the same type of prospects.

People said the same about WEC fighters, the same about Strikeforce fighters, etc.

A lot of Bellator fighters would be great additions to the UFC. Most of the top end Strikeforce fighters fucked shit up in the UFC and still are. But the depth is what separates the leagues. The top end Bellator fighters would be great just like the top end Strikeforce fighters were.. but past those guys, that's where the UFC dominates.

If you don't respect the fighters in those leagues, you're a moron. But you're also a moron if you think that any of them are even close in depth. (not saying you said that, OP, just a general statement)

This is a good post. Deserves to be quoted

No.

Compared to strike force, Bellator has had nothing.

People sleep on Bellator.

Say Oezdemir wins the belt

imo

Bader> Oezdemir
Carvalho>Bisping
Rory> Woodley(obviously)
Conor> Primus(but you never know...he's a young kid full of potential)
Max>Pitbull
Cody>Caldwell(but again, I wouldn't be shocked if Caldwell won...Cody's chin is questionable)

If they did a champ vs champ show, it would be much closer than you guys think

Minakov > Stipe at HW

Bellashit sucks

Whens their next Gracie vs Shamrock card?
This is really disingenuous analysis and you know it lol. Bellator has plenty of really good fighters and are easily the #2 MMA company in the world. FOH with this nonsense

Eddie Alvarez count?

Absolutely Eddie counts. Eddie would be a good example of a well traveled fighter that spent a good portion of his career in a few organizations and shows that top talent exists outside the UFC. Eddie already had wins over Kawjiri and Hansen before he even got to Belletor.

Hardly anyone thought Strikeforce was shit. Just like Bellator most people agreed they had really good elite fighters but lacked the depth of the Ufc.

Btw it wasnt Strikeforce champs who fared well it was their great prospects. Bellator does not have the same type of prospects.

yup they don't have the same type of prospects, Bellator has better prospects

yup they don't have the same type of prospects, Bellator has better prospects

Yea way better prospects than Zabit Magomrdshapirov who literally everyone had as the number 1 prospect in the sport.

Yes Bellator has those great wrestling prospects but none of them are proven. Theres been dozens of wrestlers who looked destined for greatness flopped.

I will take 15-1 Dagestanis over 2-0 wrestlers

Minakov > Stipe at HW
I want to see Stipe/ Minakov, but who has Minakov beaten beside an extremely washed up BF Silva, Kongo (by decision), and Volkov. Volkov is his best win and that was 4 years ago. I'd love to be proven wrong about him, though.

Was unsuccessful in UFC, goes to Bellator, becomes champ: washed up failure that couldn’t make it in the big leagues.

Was unsuccessful in Bellator, comes to the UFC, becomes champ: a “UFC fighter” that has improved and is stepped up.

Dat cognitive dissonance doe.

Dat generalization doe

I want to see Stipe/ Minakov, but who has Minakov beaten beside an extremely washed up BF Silva, Kongo (by decision), and Volkov. Volkov is his best win and that was 4 years ago. I'd love to be proven wrong about him, though.

I agree, I don't really have any idea who would win. I would actually favorite Stipe at this point. Not sure how serious Minakov is even training these days.

WME cheerleading sheep person that doesn't realize that competition is better for the consumer.
do you think having 10 competing orgs is better for the consumer than having 1 dominant org?

the idea that competition is always better for the consumer is a faulty premise.

Back