If Bellator signs Yair, he should fight Pico.

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I personally think Aaron rapes him, but I'd be a good fight.

Especially since Pico has 3 straight nasty KO's.

It would also be great to headline for a future Bellator card.

Discuss.

Aaron Pico is and should be fighting scrubs

Don't ruin him like they tried to with the matchmaking of his first fight

I'm down for this fight but give Pico like 3-4 fights first

i think they should bring him up a little slower, not like MVP slow... but too soon and it turns out like sergio pettis

Pico has looked good and I certainly wouldnt mind watching it.

Hey I wouldn't be mad, but I feel Bellator will build up Yair first. Give him a few cans. Yair turned down Lamas and Zabit. He isn't going to want to fight another tough guy after his lay off.

Let two rising stars knock each other off, great idea.

The combined record for Aaron's opponents is: 45-16

He's fighting experienced guys, and he hasn't even had 10 fight left. Stop shitting on him, he would honestly rape Yair.

dont derail yair right off the bat after signing him. if they want a name fighter, they could give warren to pico, a fight pico i think can win plus its a respected fighter so it should move his stock up a lot. im more interested in them building up a fight for yair vs pitbull

He's fighting experienced guys, and he hasn't even had 10 fight left. Stop shitting on him, he would honestly rape Yair.

Where did I shit on him? Read what I wrote again

And btw the guy he just beat was 18-8

The combined record of his opponents to get that record was fucking embarrassing

He was coming off beating a guy who was 0-10

They picked an appropriate matchup for a guy in his 4th career fight. Yair is not an appropriate matchup and doing that kind of stupid shit is what got Pico choked out in his first fight

He deserves to build a pro MMA career properly, not jump ahead and lose because people are excited

Where did I shit on him? Read what I wrote again

And btw the guy he just beat was 18-8

The combined record of his opponents to get that record was fucking embarrassing

He was coming off beating a guy who was 0-10

They picked an appropriate matchup for a guy in his 4th career fight. Yair is not an appropriate matchup and doing that kind of stupid shit is what got Pico choked out in his first fight

He deserves to build a pro MMA career properly, not jump ahead and lose because people are excited
He beats Yair

dont derail yair right off the bat after signing him. if they want a name fighter, they could give warren to pico, a fight pico i think can win plus its a respected fighter so it should move his stock up a lot. im more interested in them building up a fight for yair vs pitbull
Or make James Conor Wannabe fight Pico. Pico would rape him as well.

I think Yair is best going to Combate Americas and getting a million people in Mexico watching his fights he could be a star headkicking TUF Latin America wash outs and grow that fan base to seriously be a #2 mma org worldwide

Hey I wouldn't be mad, but I feel Bellator will build up Yair first. Give him a few cans. Yair turned down Lamas and Zabit. He isn't going to want to fight another tough guy after his lay off.
Pico isn't a tough guy lol

he's fighting guys who are beating regional bums, their records aren't nearly as impressive as you think.

I think he is ready for the next step. The issue was that there was too much hype on him for a simple debut, and that when you listen to his training partners, he is mauling world champs in the gym. To me, he is like Lomachenko, a guy who could easily compete with anyone with just an 0-0 professional record owing to their amateur experience, but took an L at the hands of a craft veteran when they were immediately thrust under lights that were too bright. Now that the jitters are gone, he could def take a step up, as it almost seems cruel to keep feeding him these sacrificial lambs.

I think we all agree, Pico will be champ one day. Possibly a fight with Gallagher will be good if Yair is too much, but outside of a handful of fights, Yair will need elite competition. I imagine Yair would fucking maul Gallagher and would need guys like Pitbull, Strauss and Pico to challenge him.

Too soon give Pico 2 more fights with the second being someone highly ranked in Bellator and then I can see matching him up with Yair.

he's fighting guys who are beating regional bums, their records aren't nearly as impressive as you think.
Doesn't matter who've they beat. He's fighting guys with over 10 fights, with winning records. Most people who start MMA fight people who are 1-0, 0-1, 1-2. I promise you he will be Champion in both Bellator, and The UFC.

Yair will leave Bellator if they gave him a Picco fight contract.

I bet he's gonna sign with Combate Americas and crush cans in Mexico where the competition is easier.

Back