If Chael Sonnen stuck with pro-wrestling..

kmelloh

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I saw a post on the UFC discussion about what would Tony Ferguson do without fighting and it made me think of Chael. He once said that he went to a tryout at the WCW Powerplant and made it to the last day and was going to get a contract until he decided not to go back. My question is what IF Chael would’ve stayed. We know he’s a good talker, I’m confident his in ring skills would’ve been good enough. What would his push have been?

I saw a post on the UFC discussion about what would Tony Ferguson do without fighting and it made me think of Chael. He once said that he went to a tryout at the WCW Powerplant and made it to the last day and was going to get a contract until he decided not to go back. My question is what IF Chael would’ve stayed. We know he’s a good talker, I’m confident his in ring skills would’ve been good enough. What would his push have been?
Yea, only two of them made it through the entire thing and Chael was one of them.

Chael, being the talker that he is and when he talks, it doesn't look like he's playing a character, it really seems like it's him and that is when it is money. I honestly believe he would've been a big time draw if he had an ounce of wrestling ability

He became a talker late in his MMA career.

90s Chael was a completely different guy.

He became a talker late in his MMA career.

90s Chael was a completely different guy.
True, but he was a fan, a long time wrestling fan and I think he would've caught on quick especially when part of the focus is the talking part whereas in MMA, none of the coaches really tell you to work on your promos...at least not right away

True, but he was a fan, a long time wrestling fan and I think he would've caught on quick especially when part of the focus is the talking part whereas in MMA, none of the coaches really tell you to work on your promos...at least not right away
Yes I can confirm Matt Hume has never had promo class with DJ. Believe it or not.

Yes I can confirm Matt Hume has never had promo class with DJ. Believe it or not.
Lol, and also, DJ just doesn't have it in him even if his coach wanted him to talk shit. He falls into the same category as a Cain Valesquez. Those guys are too nice and don't want to talk shit and then you have your Sonnen's who realized after almost a decade in the sport that if he wasn't going to talk smack, he wasn't going anywhere. Dug into his pro wrestling bag and stole a few bits from Superstar and others

He was small, so either he's stuck in cruiserweight purgatory or he's a ROH geek. If his gift of gab was on point that early, he may have found a niche as a manager.

<Oku02><Oku02><Oku02>
rhPWtm6.gif

We call this a besting !!!
tenor.gif

Day one: Dusty says to him "Stop ripping off old promos and come up with something original."

Day two: He gets fired after stealing roids from another guy's locker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back