If CM Punk Somehow Wins at UFC 225...Then Mayweather?

All Punk needs to do is get him to the ground. He can trap him in his guard and stall until time runs out for the tie.

I don’t know that’s a lot of faith to have in Punk.

To paraphrase what someone else said it’s a blue belt fighting a great boxer. It’s a freak show. But casual fans will always flock and gawk at a freak show. It’s the rubber necking/ trainwreck factor.

Punk would have size advantage but catching Floyd before he hits him would be problematic.

Couple of things. Floyd is not a power puncher. Nor has he shown any ability to avoid the clinch.

I understand he's an athlete but we're talking about two entirely different skill sets. You can have the best hands in the world and still have no clue how to avoid the ground. We've seen high level boxers and kickboxers try mma and get dominated by scrubs already. Different skills.

Cm punk is gonna ko whoever is next with the gts(go to sleep).

Then he'll submit khabib with the anaconda choke.

Then he gonna take the title from mcg by out boxing him.

Finally a ufc and wwe universal title reunification at wrestlemania.

This could all happen in Wwe2k19

That’s anaconda vice to you, bucko!

Couple of things. Floyd is not a power puncher. Nor has he shown any ability to avoid the clinch.

I understand he's an athlete but we're talking about two entirely different skill sets. You can have the best hands in the world and still have no clue how to avoid the ground. We've seen high level boxers and kickboxers try mma and get dominated by scrubs already. Different skills.

Have we seen Punk have the ability to close the distance + attempt a takedown? We know Punk is a name but we don't know if we can even consider him as a scrub yet. If he can't beat Mike Jackson I'm not sure who he can beat.

I have no idea how Punk vs Floyd would actually look but I wouldn't have money on Punk thats for sure.

Also Floyd is not a power puncher by world class boxing standards but with smaller gloves and by the fact that we have zero idea how Punk reacts to getting punched on the feett it's not absurd to think Floyd would ko him.

All Floyd has to do to make welterweight is weigh in at 157.

Is there a low-limit of what can weigh for every class? I have never heard of a limit like this before.

Just curious, thanks in advance.

Is there a low-limit of what can weigh for every class? I have never heard of a limit like this before.

Just curious, thanks in advance.
Just has to be above the limit for the weight class below.

Hendo was like 206 or 207 for the Fedor fight.

I want CM punk to win , I want him to ris ein ufc as well

I want him to win over and over and over. Break into the Top 15, then 10, then 5.

UFC 245 - Romero vs CM Punk for the Middleweight title!

[/sarcasm]

Have we seen Punk have the ability to close the distance + attempt a takedown? We know Punk is a name but we don't know if we can even consider him as a scrub yet. If he can't beat Mike Jackson I'm not sure who he can beat.

I have no idea how Punk vs Floyd would actually look but I wouldn't have money on Punk thats for sure.

Also Floyd is not a power puncher by world class boxing standards but with smaller gloves and by the fact that we have zero idea how Punk reacts to getting punched on the feett it's not absurd to think Floyd would ko him.

Look up Ali v. Inoki

Mayweather had nothing to gain from boxing McGregor...except for a shit ton of money. Same case here with Punk in an mma bout

he had wayyyyyy less to lose fighting conor. If you cant admit that to yourself, well then we are at odds good sir.

Yeah if you're doing the Toney gameplan you don't fight a scrub, you fight a legit fighter so when you lose you have an excuse.

That said, Punk won't win, and Mayweather will not set foot in an octagon.

exactly. i mean punks no couture, but the guy has been legit training mma for a few years now. So he must not be completely stupid when fighting a non mma fighter. thats a risk for floyd. he loses to mcgregor hes sup[posed to, he loses to punk, his brand takes a major hit, because punk in the mma world is just as shit as he is. He'd be absolutely insane to fight a green mma fighter when he doesnt know a god damn thing about grappling.

exactly. i mean punks no couture, but the guy has been legit training mma for a few years now. So he must not be completely stupid when fighting a non mma fighter. thats a risk for floyd. he loses to mcgregor hes sup[posed to, he loses to punk, his brand takes a major hit, because punk in the mma world is just as shit as he is. He'd be absolutely insane to fight a green mma fighter when he doesnt know a god damn thing about grappling.

He’s been training, but I have serious doubts about his commitment to training. It took him longer than average to get his blue belt despite training at a top camp. Plus aside from being on the wrong side of 35 he never had the hunger of a young fighter honing his craft. By the time Punk started training he was already rich. The whole thing comes off as more of an MMA fantasy camp.

To some extent I still want to see Punk succeed on some level as there’s no reason for me to wish him harm. But there is just too much going against him to take him seriously as an MMA Fighter.

They aren't even in the same fucking weight class.... They aren't even one weight class APART from ach other.....

You assume that Mayweather will be an easy MMA fight. Why? Only because Joe Rogan said so?

People need to stop taking Joe joking and shooting the shit on a podcast as MMA journalism. He even admits himself that he throws ideas around and a lot of the time it's for entertainment purposes.

Yet idiots on here will rip him apart like he's trying to be Ariel Helwani.

<{pranko}>

He’s been training, but I have serious doubts about his commitment to training. It took him longer than average to get his blue belt despite training at a top camp. Plus aside from being on the wrong side of 35 he never had the hunger of a young fighter honing his craft. By the time Punk started training he was already rich. The whole thing comes off as more of an MMA fantasy camp.

To some extent I still want to see Punk succeed on some level as there’s no reason for me to wish him harm. But there is just too much going against him to take him seriously as an MMA Fighter.

I think he just wanted to do a fight, win and be able to say he kicked someones ass professionally. i really dont see the point in it if theyre just going to throw cans at him until one is bad enough.

I want him to win over and over and over. Break into the Top 15, then 10, then 5.

UFC 245 - Romero vs CM Punk for the Middleweight title!

[/sarcasm]
I hope that is not sarcastic ...<Moves>

Back