If Colby and Demian Maiawas five rounds

countonme

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Tyron Woodley is talking a lot of s*** just think if Covington and Demian Maia was 5 rounds give him a title shot with Lee if you think he's easy money

I actually think Colby has a decent chance against Woodley, especially if he uses one of his smothering, wrestling-heavy approaches and keeps Tyron pinned up against the cage.

I think he has the gas tank and wrestling to make Woodley expend more energy than he likes to.

Of course I know I will be flamed for saying so. haha

Of course I know I will be flamed for saying so. haha

Probably.

Most people really don’t like him, so saying he could possibly be competitive with Tyron or any other top guy means you’re dumb. The reality is that most fans are just unrealistic, especially when it comes to somebody they don’t like or somebody they like a lot. I think Tyron would beat Colby pretty easily if he actually opens up on the feet, but if he fights so conservatively like he usually does and backs up to the fence like always, Colby could definitely make it competitive then IMO.

His striking is pretty sloppy for the most part but what matters is effectiveness and so far Colby has been effective on the feet, especially because of his great wrestling. Shields has some of the shittiest striking ever end he did fine against Tyron on the feet and also in the clinch. Tyron is a better fighter now but still backs into the fence and has a very low output. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Colby gave Tyron all he could handle. Personally, I think Tyron would catch him with one of those devastating right hands whenever Colby gets a little too sloppy and reckless.

As of right now, I’d pick Tyron to actually finish him but who knows what Colby will be like say just 2 fights from now. He’s 29 and still improving. For all we know he’ll end up becoming a great striker some day and it’s very possible he could make huge improvements in the next year or so with his striking. Colby is not somebody I would count out in any fight right now. He has the wrestling, cardio, definitely has power and as I said, rather sloppy striking but is effective for the most part and that’s what matters.

Most people think pretty striking = effective but that’s just not how it works. Khabib’s striking isn’t good but it’s still effective because it makes his opponents react exactly how he wants them to and funnily enough he actually wins the stand up most of the time because his opponents are so weary of his TD’s. Fans are just unrealistic and don’t want to believe that Colby has a lot of potential and stylistically could end up having an interesting fight with Tyron one day.

Highly doubt you read this, lol.

/rant

Probably.

Most people really don’t like him, so saying he could possibly be competitive with Tyron or any other top guy means you’re dumb. The reality is that most fans are just unrealistic, especially when it comes to somebody they don’t like or somebody they like a lot. I think Tyron would beat Colby pretty easily if he actually opens up on the feet, but if he fights so conservatively like he usually does and backs up to the fence like always, Colby could definitely make it competitive then IMO.

His striking is pretty sloppy for the most part but what matters is effectiveness and so far Colby has been effective on the feet, especially because of his great wrestling. Shields has some of the shittiest striking ever end he did fine against Tyron on the feet and also in the clinch. Tyron is a better fighter now but still backs into the fence and has a very low output. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Colby gave Tyron all he could handle. Personally, I think Tyron would catch him with one of those devastating right hands whenever Colby gets a little too sloppy and reckless.

As of right now, I’d pick Tyron to actually finish him but who knows what Colby will be like say just 2 fights from now. He’s 29 and still improving. For all we know he’ll end up becoming a great striker some day and it’s very possible he could make huge improvements in the next year or so with his striking. Colby is not somebody I would count out in any fight right now. He has the wrestling, cardio, definitely has power and as I said, rather sloppy striking but is effective for the most part and that’s what matters.

Most people think pretty striking = effective but that’s just not how it works. Khabib’s striking isn’t good but it’s still effective because it makes his opponents react exactly how he wants them to and funnily enough he actually wins the stand up most of the time because his opponents are so weary of his TD’s. Fans are just unrealistic and don’t want to believe that Colby has a lot of potential and stylistically could end up having an interesting fight with Tyron one day.

Highly doubt you read this, lol.

/rant

I DID read it.

You Sir, are a great poster here.
:)

I DID read it.

You Sir, are a great poster here.
:)

I’m just realistic and understand that everybody has a chance (unless you’re Cody McKenzie level vs. Chad Mendes level). Most fans just don’t know what’ve they’re watching and it’s strange to me because it feels like common sense to understand this stuff from a technical side and being realistic, but it’s obviously not. If people watched for more than just pure entertainment and actually wanted to learn something by really pay attention, maybe there would be more legit intelligent discussion here.

I think Colby finishes Maia if he had another few rounds to work.

Maia would have been done in 4.

It is always funny to me that people think Woodley is someone that flatlines everyone.

He has 6 wins by tko/ko and one of those is condit's leg injury from a takedown.

He has power but his output is too low for him to be an effective finisher which is why a lot of WWs can beat him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Colby beat Woodley but he really needs to work on his striking. Way too hittable

Back