If Conor believed he could beat Max

Mac doesnt want to cut weight like a peasant anymore. Why kill yourself when you're already filthy rich.

You don't think that McGregor thinks he has a shot at beating a guy he has already beaten? In what universe does this make sense, especially after we all finally got to see Khabib vs McGregor, a fight where McGregor fought someone whose strength is McGregor's cryptonite?

{<huh}

No but usually elite fighters have a very easy time beating Diaz lol
I ask since Nate beat Khabib in a street fight made him run away

We will get a better idea where Conor is on his next fight in the new weight class for him

2 year layoff did him no favors

Max would make Conor quit. Ppl like to talk about Conor injuries but it happen during the fight, Max was also injured during the fight as well.

You're either naive or a casual to think that statement holds any water.
They fought 5 years ago. It's highly unlikely that nothing has changed since then. Before the second fight didn't Diaz beat Conor already? Didn't Conor ask for a rematch after Khabib beat him already? Have you actually missed every time someone comes back and avenges a loss?

5 Years ago, yes. But they have both moved on enough for the result to be as before, in my opinion. Maybe that's cos I'm casual ;)

Conor dropped Diaz like a sack of potatoes at will until he gassed and Diaz is a natural WW. Max won't be able to take those shots IMO.

The career LW is a WW?
And as I recall Diaz finished McG once.

Does it cause a lot of issues in everyday life being as simple as you are? Or is this stupidity confined to Sherdog?

McGoobie is never making 145 again, so unless Max eats a few burgers we'll never know. Plus, ya know, Conor is suspended for 'X' amount of time.

Let's not forget that by your logic Duffy is, and will always be, better than Conor. No need for them to fight again.

His next fight is very important. Maybe the loss to Khabib will have rekindled his hunger.

I don't like the guys persona, but he is an exciting fighter for sure and I would like to see him in match ups with Khabib, Ferguson, Lee etc.
Completely agree with this, even as a 'hater' (I don't hate any fighter, as I don't know them).

Max is only one option for Conor, you're making shit up

Conor is most interested in making money.

Now that he isn't holding up the belt or any division, I have no problem with him taking money fights. He's going to try and book with whoever gives him the biggest pay day, or is a bridge to the big payday.

The lightweight title picture is a bit backed up at the moment, so who knows what will happen, but a fight with Max would happen if he represented a windfall of cash, specifically because he'll entertain a standup fight.

I ask since Nate beat Khabib in a street fight made him run away
1126.gif

Conor is banned at the moment.
Conor has already beaten Max.

Both of these are fact.

Both of these are irrelevant.

1) Conor will return soon and he’ll need a fight.

2) Beating Max five years ago doesn’t change the fact than he just got dismantled, and CURRENTLY needs the highest profile fight he can get * ...and Max is exactly that - he is clearly a bigger fight than Ferguson, or any other LW

* that is not Khabib, because he can’t get Khabib, Floyd, GSP coming off a one-sided loss

Tony knocks Conor out. Max gets knocked out. Conor needs no part of Tony.

McGoobie is never making 145 again, so unless Max eats a few burgers we'll never know. Plus, ya know, Conor is suspended for 'X' amount of time.

Let's not forget that by your logic Duffy is, and will always be, better than Conor. No need for them to fight again.

I thought it was obvious that we were all talking 155, which Dana clearly stated was what he has planned for Max.

he doesn't have to believe anything he already wiped the fucking floor with Holloway

People seem to forget that that fight was a 3 rounder...they would now be 5 rounds...that might make a big difference.
5 Rounds, Max is a completely different fighter and Conor is basically the same. It would be a good fight potentially but I don't see it happening unless Max goes to LW and takes the belt.

Then that fight would be happening.

If Conor wanted that fight you know uncle Dana would make it happen, and you know Max would take that payday in a heartbeat.

But it’s not happening and it won’t happen because Conor knows he would get broken and forced to quit yet again.

There is no champion Conor has a realistic chance of beating right now, which is why he’s most likely gonna try to go after someone like Cerrone or Dustin again, but he may very well get beat by them as well.

What’s to believe? He already smoked him

Max fights at 145 but is now the #2 155 fighter in the world? Where is Tony in all this?

Are you high?
Re read that. He used poor grammar and punctuation.
He said "I don't like Conor.However like Max, his (Conor's) frame has gotten larger and has established himself (Conor) as the #2 155er in world"

He was trying to say Conor has gotten larger which he hasn't he has just become less able to cut weight, whereas Max has actually grown into his frame so that is a bit of a stretch IMO. I do suppose Conor would do well stylistically vs Max compared to Khabib but it would likely go more like Diaz 2. I would love to see it but unless Max takes the LW title I don't imagine it happens.

What’s to believe? He already smoked him
Like Nate smoked Conor who got an instant rematch for no reason at all?

Oh no it wasn't like that, gatekeeper Nate actually smoked prime Conor like a blunt and made him quit, while an inexperienced Max lost a decision.

Also, it's been 4 years since that fight.

So ya, fuck off with your lame argument that a thousand holes can be poked through.

Back