If Conor had no intention of coming back why would he be doing 20 rounds of bjj sparring?

Same reason most of us do it, it's a good morning routine.

You mean I can't do 20 rounds of kegels if I'm not joining an orgy?

also why the fook is the new forum cutting off the image?

To keep in shape? It is that or....
giphy.gif

If and when Conor decides to fight, I'm buying the fight. But until then I could not care less about that guy.

I've defended Conor fans at length in these forums and I straddle the fence myself, but I can't figure out why anyone would be a fan of that guy while he isn't fighting.

It's about time you gained your senses ^^^ you've come full circle come here you...

giphy.gif

You are defending a factually incorrect point. Conor doesn't crack the top 20. His total career earnings are approximately $110m assuming he made $70m from the Mayweather ppv points. To be in the top 20 "richest athletes on earth" he would need in the realm of 300m in assets. After tax and spending conor probably has about $50m.

That's a bunch of money. No need to sensationalize it.

You are responding to a guys whos names is Wisdom blows...
It should tell you something.

He clearly loves the spotlight too much to stay away. And the UFC will probably get desperate enough to give him that promoter's share he wants, which does seem fair. If you sell a million ppv's with the guy and 100k without him, then clearly he deserves a massive share.
Isn't that what ppv points are fir?

His BJJ is far better than you guys like to pretend it is.

Reverses a 2nd degree BJJ black belt:

giphy.gif

Escapes a heel hook from that same 2nd degree BJJ black belt:

giphy.gif

Sweeps another 2nd degree BJJ black belt:

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

Escapes a guillotine from that same 2nd degree BJJ black belt, who said that would've tapped anyone else:

LegitimateCheerfulHyracotherium.gif

Beats up the best wrestler in the division from guard with elbows:

McGregor-elbows-bottom.gif

Scrambles out from underneath an All American wrestler when he tried to pass, and then escapes a guillotine from a guy whose camp's specialty is guillotines:

56d0bf6031aa1.gif

Passing to full mount on Siver with ease:

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif

Achieving full mount on Holloway not once but twice with ease:

giphy.gif

Passing over into full mount on grappler Dave Hill

Iad12ok.gif

Escaping an armbar from Kywan Gracie Behring in no gi comp:

giphy.gif

Conor's ground game is fine.
People saying his grappling sucks just don’t know anything. Being choked out by a black belt after getting rocked and fatigued apparently makes people believe that he’s a white belt

How do you know that TV image isn't just for show? Ask Pauli Malignaggi about how Conor likes to pick and choose what photos and videos get leaked to the public. It could easily have said Round 4 / 1000...doesn't mean he actually completed those rounds.

<DisgustingHHH>

Yes, but lets take Pauli's word for it. It's not like he has a vendetta against Conor or anything.. <mma4><CroCop1>

Because his BJJ sucks.
His a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu, so his jiu jitsu is actually really good.
They have been UFC champions with lower belts, like Holm who at the time was a Blue and Jones is a blue

If your basing his entire ground game on one case, you have to take into account that Diaz has been a black belt for a very long time and by the time it hit the ground Mcgregor was rocked hard. If you've ever been hit hard on the chin your ability to fight or to even do anything just deteriorates so much

Yes, but lets take Pauli's word for it. It's not like he has a vendetta against Conor or anything.. <mma4><CroCop1>

Don't have to take his word. Where's the full sparring footage that Conor never released?

<Dana05>

Conor will take a fight with someone he thinks he can beat. He will challenge a FW. 99% of his fights he has the size advantage. He got the hell out of LW when Khabib and Tony were up to bat.

I really don’t have an opinion about whether he’s coming back or not. I think he probably is. But along the lines of the question, “why would he”, because his entire livelihood is based on people talking about him and his popularity. If he just hangs them up and goes away, then in addition to losing his MMA money, he loses sponsorships and anything else that comes with fame. It would make sense to keep people guessing.

the logic is simple

he is afraid to be embarrassed.
Bruh

Have you paid ANY attention to Conor's career? Not sure how you could have watched him at any point and thought 'man, this guy definitely has a huge fear of looking stupid'.

guy has balls o fuckin steel. proved many times over.

Back