If Conor hadn't gassed...

Mayweather bet on stopping McGregor in the 10th. It was going to end in the 10th whether McGregor was gassed or not.

I thought that Conor did better than expected.

He landed an uppercut on Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match and he had angles. Floyd didnt fight his usual style (or it was father time), but still.

Before the fight I would have never thought landing ANYTHING couldve been possible. I figured it was going to be 2 rounds and done.

Apart from this, it was not only ineffectiveness. Conor has a very limited gas tank, also in mma.

The thing is, he didn't. He really didn't do good at all. That uppercut didn't land flush. Had zero effect. All those punches that he supposedly "landed", weren't flush. He couldn't hurt Floyd with anything, he couldn't force his opponent to respect him, and in the process, he was getting countered with clean shots. That have an effect on the stamina of most fighters. Lack of success does that.

Conor faced Floyd at his worst. If he had faced Floyd from a couple of years ago that fight would be over in 2 rounds. Floyd barely tried. He wasn't his usual self. That's why Conor managed to land something here and there and make it to the 10th. Conor himself said he was going to face an old, small, fragile men. Remember that? That's how he tried to convince us he was going to win. Not by saying he was a better boxer than Floyd, but by saying Floyd was old and small. And at the end of the day, Floyd was indeed old and small. Worst shape ever, slow, lack of mobility. By far the worst Floyd ever. Still beat the crap out of Conor.

99% of mma fans that talk about angles have no clue what the fuck that means

I am mainly a boxing fan, but of course you were referring to the outcome of your scientific research regarding 99% of mma fans

I am mainly a boxing fan, but of course you were referring to the outcome of your scientific research regarding 99% of mma fans
Boxing fan eh. You wanna explain these "angles" he had? He had ONE time where he created an advantageous angle and that's it

Shut up.

He landed an uppercut on Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match and he had angles.

All that time in the ring and you have one punch land to cling to. Keep in mind Mayweather is 40, was 2 years out of comp, and much smaller than Conor.. and that one punch landing did absolutely nothing. If Conor hadn't gassed, he would have continued to do nothing significant.

Before the fight I would have never thought landing ANYTHING couldve been possible.

That is probably because this was the first time you've watched boxing. When people say Conor wasn't going to land anything, they mean anything significant. Rabbit punches and little *boops* don't matter. He did not land anything.

I figured it was going to be 2 rounds and done.

That is probably because this was your first time watching boxing.

Now go away.

In other words, what if Floyd decided to crush the can before he gassed.

The right question should be: If Conor hadn't been so ineffective with everything he tried to do, to the point of getting super tired by failing to land anything significant and getting countered clean, what would the last rounds have looked like? Which is essentially like asking what would have happened if he didn't suck at boxing. Well, if he didn't suck at boxing, his chances would have been better.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...coring-126307#floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor

<DCrying>

"Sucked at boxing", yet arguably won more rounds off the boxing GOAT than any other world champion boxer in history, and did it in his first boxing match ever. K, buddeh. The Conor delusion with the haters is so much worse than the 49-1'ers. You guys make Sanju Singh look objective.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...coring-126307#floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor

<DCrying>

"Sucked at boxing", yet arguably won more rounds off the boxing GOAT than any other world champion boxer in history, and did it in his first boxing match ever. K, buddeh. The Conor delusion with the haters is so much worse than the 49-1'ers. You guys make Sanju Singh look objective.

It's really pointless to argue with delusional Conor fangirls like you.

Not sure you're smart enough to understand this, but there ya go:

1. "Any other world champion" didn't face an inactive 40 yo Floyd that barely even trained for the fight.

2- "Any other world champion" didn't face a Floyd Mayweather that would stand in front of them and let them unload.

3- There is a difference between punching and touching. Try to find a good amount of pics where Conor is tagging Floyd hard. You can't. You know why? Because most of those punches barely connected clean. That's why Floyd kept moving forward. There was no danger behind anything Conor threw.

4- It's easy to win rounds when your opponent isn't even trying to hit you. Floyd gave Conor those rounds by barely throwing anything. He was just not interested in rushing things. He let Conor do his thing, scanned him in order to know him, since there is no footage on Conor, and once he saw Conor got nothing, he started unloading. It was a pretty simple and effective strategy.

5- Moral victories are for losers. Conor faced someone that was 40 yo, considerably smaller and inactive for 2 years. We even have footage of Floyd on vacation having fun during training camp. We also have numerous reports of him barely training for this fight. Conor, on the other hand, was putting all the effort he could into his preparation. Instead of faving about him winning 3 meaningless rounds that Floyd basically offered him, you should realize how much he sucks for having been finished by the worst version of a guy criticized for not finishing fights.

And i will repeat this, since you're slow: Conor was finished by the WORST VERSION EVER of a guy CRITICIZED FOR NOT FINISHING FIGHTS. Just let that sink in. He faced the worst version of a smaller, older man that in the past 10 years has been known for not finishing fights and got finished by him, after saying he would KO him in round 1. LET THAT SINK IN.

Conor had, BY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR, the best chance anyone has ever had to beat Floyd, and he still failed. What part of that makes him a good boxer? Better than your average guy on the street? Yeah, sure. Anywhere near an A or B level boxer? No. Just no.

Conor is the Alfred Kipketer of boxing. "I was winning before I finished second to last."

He landed an uppercut on Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match and he had angles. Floyd didnt fight his usual style (or it was father time), but still.

Before the fight I would have never thought landing ANYTHING couldve been possible. I figured it was going to be 2 rounds and done.

Apart from this, it was not only ineffectiveness. Conor has a very limited gas tank, also in mma.

He didn’t fight his usual style because he didn’t need to. He knew he’d get the KO so waited for the first sign of tiredness then simply walked him down with none of his usual respect for any incoming offense and winged power shots. It was hilarious.

Its like saying if you sprinted from the start of a marathon and never gassed, would you win? Seeing as thats impossible, not sure how it matters. Conor blew his gas tank trying to get an early KO because that was his best chance. There was never going to be any final rounds.

Conor would have died. Just like he would have if a grown ass man had not rescued him from Nate.

Imo it's a shame he gassed. I had wanted to see A-game Mayweather one more time.

Just a brutal finishing of Conor the boxer for all generations to come by one of TBE

But nope, Mayweather was willing to give him a few rounds. This man would sell his own mother for the right price

Kind of a fake question. If Conor didn't gas, he wouldn't be Conor. The only way he doesn't gas late in the fight is if he never gets there, because he gets taken out.

The thing is, he didn't. He really didn't do good at all. That uppercut didn't land flush. Had zero effect. All those punches that he supposedly "landed", weren't flush. He couldn't hurt Floyd with anything, he couldn't force his opponent to respect him, and in the process, he was getting countered with clean shots. That have an effect on the stamina of most fighters. Lack of success does that.

Conor faced Floyd at his worst. If he had faced Floyd from a couple of years ago that fight would be over in 2 rounds. Floyd barely tried. He wasn't his usual self. That's why Conor managed to land something here and there and make it to the 10th. Conor himself said he was going to face an old, small, fragile men. Remember that? That's how he tried to convince us he was going to win. Not by saying he was a better boxer than Floyd, but by saying Floyd was old and small. And at the end of the day, Floyd was indeed old and small. Worst shape ever, slow, lack of mobility. By far the worst Floyd ever. Still beat the crap out of Conor.

to be honest conor has zero defense and i think even at 40 Floyd could have takeen him out inside of 4 rounds. Once round 10 hit Floyd just dialed it up a bit and it was over. i think he could have done that in any of the early rounds and ended the fight easily.

Back