If Conor hadn't gassed...

to be honest conor has zero defense and i think even at 40 Floyd could have takeen him out inside of 4 rounds. Once round 10 hit Floyd just dialed it up a bit and it was over. i think he could have done that in any of the early rounds and ended the fight easily.
This is absurd. McGregor is dangerous early and Mayweather knew it. May played the game well, that's why he's great.

This is absurd. McGregor is dangerous early and Mayweather knew it. May played the game well, that's why he's great.

But he doesn't have enough power to even dream about knocking Floyd out.

But he doesn't have enough power to even dream about knocking Floyd out.
That's also absurd. If McGregor connects cleanly with a power shot on anyone, it's going to hurt---especially on a smaller man.

That's also absurd. If McGregor connects cleanly with a power shot on anyone, it's going to hurt---especially on a smaller man.

"Hurting" doesn't equal KOIng. Sorry, but Conor isn't as strong a puncher as a lot of the guys who've laid gloves on Mayweather in spite of the fact that he's bigger.

"Hurting" doesn't equal KOIng. Sorry, but Conor isn't as strong a puncher as a lot of the guys who've laid gloves on Mayweather in spite of the fact that he's bigger.
You say that, but which of those "big punchers" KO'd Mayweather? None. The most important factor is Mayweather's evasiveness. He almost never gets hit cleanly.

conors mma record extends all the way back to 2008, if he hasnt figured out that he needs to go for a run here and there then fuck him. nobody speculates about "what would mike tysons career be like if he always gassed out in the second round?"
Please don't disrespect Mike Tyson

Please don't disrespect Mike Tyson

hey man tyson was prepared, just like all the great champs.

heavyweight-boxing-mike-tyson-jogging-the-morning-before-his-trial-picture-id107929095

ca957590005a8b93294eb20f62ff243c.jpg

of16drxe9isa6bamqkp6.jpg

conor practises the art of running with the running taken out

hqdefault.jpg

hey man tyson was prepared, just like all the great champs.

heavyweight-boxing-mike-tyson-jogging-the-morning-before-his-trial-picture-id107929095

ca957590005a8b93294eb20f62ff243c.jpg

of16drxe9isa6bamqkp6.jpg

conor practises the art of running with the running taken out

hqdefault.jpg
I wonder if conor's knees are that bad he can't run?

He didn't really knew much about Conor, hence being important to be careful and study him a bit first. I'm 99.999999% sure Floyd would have finished Conor before the 5th if he decided to be reckless instead of patient, but there was just too much on the line for him not to do things the best way possible, and the best way possible was to be calm, study his opponent, explore his weaknesses and finish him when the time is right.

He didn't really knew much about Conor, hence being important to be careful and study him a bit first. I'm 99.999999% sure Floyd would have finished Conor before the 5th if he decided to be reckless instead of patient, but there was just too much on the line for him not to do things the best way possible, and the best way possible was to be calm, study his opponent, explore his weaknesses and finish him when the time is right.
Yeah I think that's delusional. Mayweather is an expert at spotting weaknesses upon film study. He knew he was fighting a rangy southpaw and that's why he stacked his camp with fighters of a similar style.

If you deny that McGregor is very accurate, has longer reach than Mayweather and hits quite hard then there's no point in discussing it. You don't rush forward at McGregor period, especially not when he's fresh. However, stalking him over multiple rounds is a great strategy if you can take the heat because the guy's pacing and cardio are plain bad. Pacing/cardio will be a liabilitity for the rest of his career. Mayweather's cardio and pacing are exquisite, so May found the weakest part of McGregor's game and exploited it. That's why this was a great performance by Mayweather.

But it was also a very solid showing for McGregor. He hit the GOAT with plenty of good shots, snapped his head back, made him miss.

Overall, just an awesome spectacle. That's why people are still talking about it.

If fresh McGregor lands cleanly and accurately on Mayweather, it's night night. But that's a very hard thing to do, especially in boxing gloves.

If fresh McGregor lands cleanly and accurately on Mayweather, it's night night. But that's a very hard thing to do, especially in boxing gloves.

McGregor landed that counter uppercut hard enough to snap Floyd's head back twice, and it didn't phase him at all.

Mayweather has an exceptional chin that absorbed bombs from hard hitting throughout boxers during his career. There's no way in hell that Conor one shots him even if it's the cleanest punch possible that Floyd doesn't see coming.

McGregor landed that counter uppercut hard enough to snap Floyd's head back twice, and it didn't phase him at all.

The word is "faze".

Seeing the shot coming, even partially, is the key to absorbing blows from guys who hit with good power. May played defensive early on to read Mc and see where the shots were coming from. That's called fight IQ, not "chin". In a lot of ways, the notion of "chin" is a myth. May's got a thin neck and small head. He can't physically take punches better than you or I. But his vision/reflexes are off the charts, so he basically never takes flush shots.

Conor threw some of the worst looking soft punches. It was a disgrace.

The word is "faze".

Seeing the shot coming, even partially, is the key to absorbing blows from guys who hit with good power. May played defensive early on to read Mc and see where the shots were coming from. That's called fight IQ, not "chin". In a lot of ways, the notion of "chin" is a myth. May's got a thin neck and small head. He can't physically take punches better than you or I. But his vision/reflexes are off the charts, so he basically never takes flush shots.

lol

The word is "faze".

Android autocorrect strikes again. Fucks my posts up daily.

...and legit LOL at the rest of the nonsense that you wrote. If you think that Mayweather has never taken a flush shot before, you're really not qualified to offer your opinion on this topic.

If you get some free time, you might want to actually try watching some of Floyd's fights and boxing in general.

If you think that Mayweather has never taken a flush shot before,
strawman. No point in discussing with someone who willfully misrepresents my argument.

Back