If conor v diaz 3 happens we should boycott

How do you get casuals, who the UFC is targeting with the potential rubber match, to boycott something they sporadically watch anyway?

Dont watch this event. Majority of people on prefer to see him fight T ferg. If the UFC chooses to let nate get the title shot, they need to learn

In before "lol we stream every fight anyway"

Don't you have an Antifa rally to be at, or don't you have to head over to Berkeley for a protest soon?

The majority of sherdogger's does not translate to the majority of people.

I would also like him to fight Ferguson but it's simply not true that the general public would prefer to see him fight Ferguson, 99.9% of the general public have no idea who Ferguson is, McGregor vs Diaz probably does 500k more than the Ferguson fight, now I don't care about that but to expect a business and the fighters not to care is naive.
Very good point. I wonder about the long game, though. If he Conor fights Nate, UFC has created an interim belt in a division with a perfectly healthy champion, simply because the champ doesn't defend the belt. Maybe that reduces overall interest in UFC? Eh, probably not, I dunno.

Yeah, let's boycott an exciting fight...

I prefer he fights Tony too but I would watch vs Diaz as well.
It's simple : money talks. I think I read that the last PPV headlined by Tony vs Lee sold 100k smth PPVs.
That is pretty low so Conor and the UFC would probably go with the fight that makes them the most money.

Dont watch this event. Majority of people on prefer to see him fight T ferg. If the UFC chooses to let nate get the title shot, they need to learn

Where I lead, some few will follow

The rest are suckers who give their money to wealthy men

I am getting the feeling that Casuals will start to realize that Conor fighting Nate over Ferguson will be clear evidence that he isn't the "Winner" and "Champion" he portrays. Dana says he loves McG because he will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere but Conor can no longer claim he is champion while refusing to defend. Tony is an exciting fighter and holds the UFC LW championship belt that Conor claims is his. Vacate or Defend.

Lol I stream every fight anyway

As if all the McHaters could not watch his latest fight <Lmaoo>

Very good point. I wonder about the long game, though. If he Conor fights Nate, UFC has created an interim belt in a division with a perfectly healthy champion, simply because the champ doesn't defend the belt. Maybe that reduces overall interest in UFC? Eh, probably not, I dunno.
I agree, there has always been a pretty good reason for Conor to not defend his belt before this (double champ, avenge a loss to Nate and the Floyd fight).

I don't see any real justifiable fight this time, Ferguson is the fight to make...

Saying that I could see him choosing Woodley or Mallignaggi.

Nah, I'll watch. First two fights were great. Belts don't actually mean anything (except more money for the holder). Stop being babies.

Why!! This is a typical Shertard thread.

Preferably, Conor would eat his veggies first and defend the belt against Tony, but... let's be real here - we need to get this over with. Enough fight fans wanna see it and - even from a business stance - the more they wait, the less value that fight has cause Nate's not doing anything in the meantime.

And the pooch has been lubed enough for this to happen. Both of those fights were fucking crazy entertaining. Nate beat Conor convincingly the 1st time, then Conor came back, but very unconvincingly. Score needs to be settled. The rankings make no sense, but Bisping/Hendo opened the door for stuff like this. Also, for whatever it's worth - the last guy Tony lost to was Michael Johnson and Nate wrecked him easy. Tony also dodged him when Khabib pulled out... strawman argument, though, I realize.

You can say the interim belt matters here, but it doesn't. These days, it's just to get guys who realize they deserve to be paid like champs in the octagon while the other champ drives around in a clown car. Tony finally got his belt and champ numbers, he should be happy. Same with anyone who'll challenge him - they'll get paid like it's a title fight, so just settle down. Don't try to control the circus. Let people enjoy their sugar. Let Conor retire or Nate get the belt, if necessary.

I like your idea. Unfortunately us ''hardcores'' make up about .00001% of the viewership...
You mean you casuals. A "hardcore" actually grasps the concept of why the Nate vs Conor 3 fight would happen, while also appreciating the fact that Tony and Conor should be fighting next but may not be, to finish the 1-1 trilogy, where the current champ was finished in the first fight and only won a maj dec in the second fight. A hardcore would also grasp that if Conor were to fight Tony, a fight with Nate prior, wouldn't be a bad thing to use as a "tune up" fight, and make more money in that tuneup, then in the unification bout against Tony. Plus, if Conor gets beat by Nate, the fight to make would be Nate vs Tony, unification bout in Mexico City or LA, and would generate a lot of buzz plus interest, while also branding dif faces in the ufc and mma, beside Conor. Which, the UFC def needs right now, more household known faces to promote, not just Conor's. And if Conor fights Tony and gets beat, the money fight against Nate, isn't as big of a deal any longer and Conor would prob want a rematch before fighting Nate again or anybody else.

Im ok with the Nate fight, but it should not be for a belt. Make it a 157 catchweight fight and Im all in.
Why? GSP is getting a title shot.. at least Nate has a finish win over the current Champ and beat him last, plus is ranked in the top 6 in the same weight class as the guy he beat. It's not odd for a top ten fighter to get a title shot. Most casuals were upset TJ didn't get a title shot against DJ, yet he wasn't even ranked and had never fought at 125.. so Nate getting a title shot makes more sense then TJ or GSP getting one in a dif weight class, and not even being ranked or have fought there before.

Back