If Cormier gets KO’d does it do anything for stipe’s legacy?

at the end of the day, if Cormier loses, we all know that people will write this off as Cormier being way past his prime and cashing out for wolf tickets

Let’s be honest. This is probably his last fight if he loses.

How does stipe get respect going forward? Who does he need to beat?

Stipe is fighting in a dead division so it's hard to gain any respect.

You already know that if he beats Cormier, they will say "he beat a LHW, so what?", if he loses to Cormier, they will say "Stipe lost to a LHW".

Would be one of his biggest wins... so yes.

I agree.

And a win over a great, clean champ, elite and world class fighter and competitor.

Beating Cormier is a tremendous feather in any fighter’s hat.

So stipe becomes GOAT for beating Cormier?

The argument is there. He's koed, everyone in front of him. This win is a major deal. You figure between this and a big money ko of Lesnar, he's in the conversation if not clearly surpassing Fedor.

It's a great win. Cormier is amongst the best fighters in the UFC right now. If it wasn't for his loses against Jones, we can all agree he would be the reigning LHW champ right now. If we compare records and achievements, Cormier is arguably the best opponent Stipe's been matched up with.

So stipe becomes GOAT for beating Cormier?
He's the greatest UFC HW champ that's for sure. In the minds of many of his forum, Stipe won't be considered HW GOAT till he defends his title like 10 more times. If he beats Cormier and Blaydes it's a done deal for me.

I think he's about 4 Fedor legacy wise, but Id rank him higher IF:

1. Cain returns, showin same form and he betas Cain
2. Instead of ducking Rothwell, he fights him on his return and beats him (most people forget how well Ben was doing- maybe his worst HW machup)
3. Beats DC

he does all of those, he passes Fedor JDS and Cain in my mind as the best

It would be another win for Stipe over a 40 year old fighter.

It would be another win for Stipe over a 40 year old fighter.

Stipe just beat a hot prospect and is now about to beat a guy that’s like 20-1 with wins over roided Bigfoot (right after Bigfoot best the dogshit out of your idol LMAO), Barnett, Anderson, Henderson (after Henderson put your idol face down ass up LMAO), Gustafsson, AJ x2, mir, etc. Stop trolling ya dolt!

It would be Stipe's best win. SO yeah.... it does a lot for him

Finishing DC would be a nice feather In the cap of Stipe.... it would be great for his legacy

It's weird to me; that you're kinda saying Stipe needs to earn your approval and/or respect.

If stipe KOs Cormier his legacy becomes undeniable. Many forget how good of a HW Cormier is. He is easily the #2 HW IMO even though he hasn't fought there in years.

Don't be fooled by weight classes. Jones, DC, and Gus would absolutely demolish the majority of the HW Top 5 and DC in particula4 has already proven it years ago.

Cormier is the 2nd best HW despite not having fought there in years because he beat big foot and decisioned over the hill Mir and Barnett? Lol

The argument is there. He's koed, everyone in front of him. This win is a major deal. You figure between this and a big money ko of Lesnar, he's in the conversation if not clearly surpassing Fedor.
Except Struve
<{outtahere}>

Except Struve
<{outtahere}>

Hendo, Maldonado, Mitrione, Werdum,

If we're playing that game. At this point HW GOAT is a two man race. It's still Fedor, but you can't deny Stipe's run based on an old loss like that. Especially if he keeps it up.

Hendo, Maldonado, Mitrione, Werdum,

If we're playing that game. At this point HW GOAT is a two man race. It's still Fedor, but you can't deny Stipe's run based on an old loss like that. Especially if he keeps it up.
I'm talking about how you said he ko'd everyone in front of him. Fedor shouldn't even have been fighting. Once he lost to Werdum and Hendo he should've left.

Back