If Cormier gets KO’d does it do anything for stipe’s legacy?

Yes, DC is an amazing fighter who always looked espetacular as a HW.

It would make him the second guy to ever bear Cormier and presuming he passes the drug tests the first guy to do it successfuly under the new USADA ruleset. Not quite enough to bring his legacy above Fedor's but a major milestone nonetheless. And from there, 3-4 ro so major title defenses might be enough to finally put him over to the number one all time spot for HW fighters.

If stipe KOs Cormier his legacy becomes undeniable. Many forget how good of a HW Cormier is. He is easily the #2 HW IMO even though he hasn't fought there in years.

Don't be fooled by weight classes. Jones, DC, and Gus would absolutely demolish the majority of the HW Top 5 and DC in particula4 has already proven it years ago.
Have you seen D.C. at heavy? He wasnt destroying dudes. Also thetes a reason those guys you mentioned fight at lightheavy. Hell Gus calls out middleweights, and Jones never even attempted heavy even while juicing.

And Stipe destroys Fedor, Fedor cant avoid straight shots, he almost got koed by Mir, and im a Fedor fan. Stipes bread and butter is the one two. Thats why i think he ko's D.C., Cormier wont be able to go foward through Stipes hands like with Jones.

I might be wrong but wont it make Stipe the longest defending HW champ ever?

Providing everybody comes out of the fight squeaky clean (USADA) it gives credibility to either fighters legacy...

For DC it allows him to be put in a category of two weightclass champ, something Jones had been criticized for not doing.

Stipe gets to add another UFC champ to notch his belts with, also an Olympic caliber athlete at that.

Of course it does... DC would be #1 contender in division anyway if he was there and bones is only man to defeat him..
Even at DC s current age, he's a pound for pounder.

Translation: 'I will never give Stipe the props he deserves for being one of, if not the best heavyweight fighter of all time'
It´s called keepin´it real.

U should try it.

Was Shogun ever 13-0 at Heavyweight before moving down to Light Heavyweight? Stupid fucking comparison.
u bum, it´s about Shogun´s legacy at LHW at that time. [sigh]

I don't think any fighter accepts a fight with someone from a smaller weight class for legacy. That's a losing proposition. If he wins, he did what he was supposed to do. If he loses, that looks really bad. The only thing he gets out of it is money.

It´s called keepin´it real.

U should try it.
No, it's called an opinion... which seems very clouded by something, maybe nostalgia. It's silly to think that the top guys from 05 could travel to now and still be top guys without issue. Competitive, sure... but the same guys? Stomping everyone competing now? No.

Even Werdum from then would lose to himself from now

I personally think DC beats every fighter there ever was in their respective primes that isn't Jon Jones. That includes Stipe. If Stipe wins, for me that is a huge win.

No, it's called an opinion... which seems very clouded by something, maybe nostalgia. It's silly to think that the top guys from 05 could travel to now and still be top guys without issue. Competitive, sure... but the same guys? Stomping everyone competing now? No.

Even Werdum from then would lose to himself from now
B4 talkin about fights and fighters from the 1990s or 2000s, I suggest that u watch the fights...

U say:"Werdum from then"

Did u watch his fights in Pride? in Jungle Fight, b4?

B4 talkin about fights and fighters from the 1990s or 2000s, I suggest that u watch the fights...

U say:"Werdum from then"

Did u watch his fights in Pride? in Jungle Fight, b4?
Yes I watched him in pride. Even the Werdum that beat Fedor would lose to UFC champ Werdum.

That would be DC's first loss to a guy that wasn't a proven drug cheat, so I'd say yes.

Back