If Fedor fought in the UFC instead of Pride

You're acting as if losing to AA (his only loss at the time) is terrible.

Try and keep up.
Nobody said that is terrible. Jake was a pretty good fighter. Strong LNP game. But you said he would beat all of Fedor's PRIDE opponents. Well, AA fought Fedor in Affliction. AA KTFO Jake in his last fight on his UFC contract and left UFC on a win

2009 Jake O'Brien beats any version of Coleman or Randleman.

If only he coulda fought Moti Horenstein lol.

Dude Coleman was good when there was like 3 fight teams and totally lax rules.

Sure

Mr.Purdue dropout was going to outwrestle a U.S. Olympic team wrestler and NCAA Div 1 champ.

Sounds plausible.

Cool so we're in agreement. Jake beat Herring.

Go list Kerr's godlike resume in wrestling compared to Jake. Why didn't he beat Herring.

Herring beat Kerr in 2001. Herring lost to Jake on 2007. If you actually watched his career, you would know Herring was at his best in early 2000's.

Herring was very durable and great at surviving on bottom. He also finished Kerr with knees to the head on the ground, which is illegal in UFC.

Jake was able to LNP Heath on 2007 but how in the fuck would he LNP prime Coleman and Randleman???? GTFOH. You are running out of material and getting desperate

Herring beat Kerr in 2001. Herring lost to Jake on 2007. If you actually watched his career, you would know Herring was at his best in early 2000's.

Herring was very durable and great at surviving on bottom. He also finished Kerr with knees to the head on the ground, which is illegal in UFC.

Jake was able to LNP Heath on 2007 but how in the fuck would he LNP prime Coleman and Randleman???? GTFOH. You are running out of material and getting desperate

Not to mention that Mark Kerr was pretty much a junkie at that point.

Is somebody legitimately arguing that Jake O'Brien was a good fighter? ... He retired at 27 for a reason...

This is what i say to all fedor haters , he didnt fight in the ufc because he wanted to fight the toughest competition in pride . Its like stipe leaving ufc to fight in bellator or one fc lol

And yet, once all the top competition was in the UFC he ducked it and his career has been trash since then.

And yet, once all the top competition was in the UFC he ducked it and his career has been trash since then.

You mean once the UFC absorbed PRIDE and got all the actual top hws he was afraid to beat all the guys he already beat?

Big Nog went in to the UFC injury riddled and took out big timmeh fedor ran through nog multiple times and took out the big UFC 3 of the time.

You mean once the UFC absorbed PRIDE and got all the actual top hws he was afraid to beat all the guys he already beat?

Big Nog went in to the UFC injury riddled and took out big timmeh fedor ran through nog multiple times and took out the big UFC 3 of the time.

I mean once he had to face Brock he ducked. ;) Then he went on to struggle against a noob and get whooped by vets.

I mean once he had to face Brock he ducked. ;) Then he went on to struggle against a noob and get whooped by vets.

Fedor never had to prove anything at that point in his career he had already been champion and undefeated in 2 sports for a very long time his legacy was sealed.FEDOR wasn't going to fight for penny's just to say he fought in the UFC in the ladder half of his career.Fedors management at the time had alot to do with the problems but also how retarded Dana white is.

Once u´ve already faced Minotau 3 times, fightin´ the likes of Lesnar...

ben.gif

kimo diss.gif

Yes a valid point, sure... but even so... my point endures

I don't think that his earning potential was a major factor in his decision not to fight at UFC. In fact, I'm sure it was one of the least important influences.

That's not true whatsoever.....Fedor pays and takes care of alot of people in his life and finkelstein and his management always got alot of money for fedor fights.Ufc didn't have the better talent or the better finances......it literally made no sense to fly across the world to fight mid tier talent for penny's in a chicken coupe.

Found some old rankings. Fedor ticks quite a few boxes on these
from 2002,2003,2004, and since I sadly found nothing from 2005-2006 I threw in some 2007 sherdog rankings too

MMA WEEKLY - Feb 2002 - Heavyweights
  1. Randy Couture
  2. Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
  3. Pedro Rizzo
  4. Igor Vovchachyn
  5. Ricco Rodriguez
  6. Mario Sperry
  7. Heath Herring
  8. Mark Coleman
  9. Josh Barnett
  10. Kazuyki Fujita.
2003 HEAVYWEIGHT - 205 lbs. and up (93 kg and up)
1. Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
2. Josh Barnett
3. Heath Herring
4. Randy Couture
5. Pedro Rizzo
6. Mark Coleman
7. Ricco Rodriguez
8. Igor Vovchanchyn
9. Mario Sperry
10. Semmy Schilt

March 2004, going into the 1st round of the GP: Heavyweight (over 205 pounds)
1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
3. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
4. Tim Sylvia
5. Josh Barnett
6. Andrei Arlovski
7. Heath Herring
8. Mark Coleman
9. Pedro Rizzo
10. Ricco Rodriguez
Other contenders: Gan McGee, Semmy Schilt, Bob Sapp, Frank Mir, Wesley "Cabbage" Correira, Kazuyuki Fujita

After NYE 2004: Heavyweight (over 205 pounds)
1. Fedor Emelianenko
4. Frank Mir
5. Tim Sylvia
6. Andrei Arlovksi
7. Josh Barnett
8. Sergei Kharitonov
9. Heath Herring
10. Pedro Rizzo
Other contenders: Kazuyuki Fujita, Aleksander Emelianenko, Justin Eilers, Ricco Rodriguez, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, Ron Waterman

Sherdog HW rankings mid 2007
  1. Fedor
  2. Big Nog
  3. Gonzaga
  4. Cro Cop
  5. Barnett
  6. Randy
  7. Sylvia
  8. Arlovski
  9. Werdum
  10. Aleksander Emelianenko

Found some old rankings. Fedor ticks quite a few boxes on these
from 2002,2003,2004, and since I sadly found nothing from 2005-2006 I threw in some 2007 sherdog rankings too

1. Randy Couture
  2. Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
  3. Pedro Rizzo
  4. Igor Vovchachyn
  5. Ricco Rodriguez
  6. Mario Sperry
  7. Heath Herring
  8. Mark Coleman
  9. Josh Barnett
  10. Kazuyki Fujita.
2003 HEAVYWEIGHT - 205 lbs. and up (93 kg and up)
1. Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
2. Josh Barnett
3. Heath Herring
4. Randy Couture
5. Pedro Rizzo
6. Mark Coleman
7. Ricco Rodriguez
8. Igor Vovchanchyn
9. Mario Sperry
10. Semmy Schilt

March 2004, going into the 1st round of the GP: Heavyweight (over 205 pounds)
1. Fedor Emelianenko
4. Tim Sylvia
5. Josh Barnett
6. Andrei Arlovski
7. Heath Herring
8. Mark Coleman
9. Pedro Rizzo
10. Ricco Rodriguez
Other contenders: Gan McGee, Semmy Schilt, Bob Sapp, Frank Mir, Wesley "Cabbage" Correira, Kazuyuki Fujita

After NYE 2004: Heavyweight (over 205 pounds)
1. Fedor Emelianenko
4. Frank Mir
5. Tim Sylvia
6. Andrei Arlovksi
7. Josh Barnett
8. Sergei Kharitonov
9. Heath Herring
10. Pedro Rizzo
Other contenders: Kazuyuki Fujita, Aleksander Emelianenko, Justin Eilers, Ricco Rodriguez, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, Ron Waterman

Sherdog HW rankings mid 2007
  1. Fedor
  2. Big Nog
  3. Gonzaga
  4. Cro Cop
  5. Barnett
  6. Randy
  7. Sylvia
  8. Arlovski
  9. Werdum
  10. Aleksander Emelianenko
yeah... I mean...

Couture:

1. Randy Couture
In feb 2002, ranked No1...

After losin´easily to lil Overeem, and earnin´ a ridiculous dec over Rizzo...

wtf2.gif

Let’s look at the ranking of Fedor’s opponents in Pride:
Using this old Sherdog post which wrote down his ranked opponents according to stuff like MMA Weekly and other rankings http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/anyone-remember-thread-w-rankings-of-fedors-opponents.2601403/

2006: Coleman - unranked
2006 Hunt - ranked 7 to 9
2005 Zuluzino - unranked
2005: Cro Cop - ranked 2 to 3
2005: Kohsaka - ranked 17
2004 Big Nog - ranked 1 to 2
2004: Big Nog - ranked 1 to 2
2004 Ogawa - ranked 15
2004 Randleman - ranked around 8 to 10
2004: Coleman - ranked around 8 to 10
2003 - Big Nog - ranked 1.
2003 Valavicius - unranked
2003 Fujita - ranked 10
2003 Goodridge - unranked
2003 Nagata - unranked
2002 Semmy - was ranked around 9 to 10.
2002 Herring - ranked around 3 to 4.

sasha-selipanov-designs-ferrari-612-gto-29.jpg

Ok...c'mon you little emotional turd.

Counter my point then instead of name callung and insulting...tell me which of Fedor's Pride opponents was head and shoulders above Jake O'Brien.

O'Brien was 10-1 (4-1 UFC) when Cain beat him.

He's currently 19-4... wait til you the list of scrubs he lost to: Arlovski, Cain, Bones, and Moose.

Yea, he's no fuckin Lindland, or HMC, or Zulu...etc.

It's not who O'Brien lost to its .....who the fuck did he beat?

His biggest wins are a shot heath herring(first fight with unified rules and scoring) and Christian wellisch....??? Wow guys a fucking animal right???

Herring is the BIGGEST win of his career and heath was clearly on the decline.In his Prime in PRIDE he was going against the best in the world not always wins but there was no better comp.He came up in PRIDE fighting Enson Inoue,Tom Erikson,Igor Vovchanchyn,Vitor Belfort and earned his way up the ranks.When he fought Fedor he was a favorite but no one knew fedor was fedor yet lol.He fought all 3 of the HW holy trinity came up short but he earned those fights.

By the time he came to the UFC he was in the decline look at his record the 5 fights leading to his UFC debut was like 2-3 and even in PRIDE toward the end they weren't giving him top guys with the exception being gan Mcgee.

O'Brien was a laynpray guy with little standup....

Randelman,Coleman,Tk,schilt are all definite wins over O'Brien, I'll go further and say I think Lindland, Ogawa,and Fujita would have a good chance to beat him.And I think an early 2000s Herring beats Obrien in PRIDE or UFC.

Everyone fedor fought in Strikeforce would kill O'Brien, same as Affliction....

Hell there are guys he fought in RINGS that would best obrien lmfao.

It's not who O'Brien lost to its .....who the fuck did he beat?
Wow, what a weird end he had to his career.
Gets murked by Arlovski and Cain, beats a nobody, murked by Jones, beats two nobodies, murked by Moose, beats two more nobodies.

Back