If Fedor loses to Mir, should he retire for good?

ThatGuy7698

In USADA We Trust
@Brown
Reaction score
Fedor will be 42 this year.

In his last fight he got KO'd by Matt Mitrione, and before that he looked like absolute dogshit against Fabio Maldanado.

I just don't think he has it anymore. If he loses this fight he should retire before he makes a fool out of himself and discredit his GOAT status by fighting way past his prime, like BJ Penn did.

In his last fight he got KO'd by Matt Mitrione, and before that he looked like absolute dogshit against Fabio Maldanado.

I just don't think he has it anymore. If he loses this fight he should retire before he makes a fool out of himself and discredit his GOAT status by fighting way past his prime, like BJ Penn did.

Fedor fights now for two reasons, and none of them have great concern with win loss records.

Fedor fights now to challenge himself. He goes against his opponents strengths, instead of the usual attacking of their weaknesses. He boxed Maldanado, when Maldanado was a pro boxer. Why? Because he wanted to test his boxing skills. And he got clipped, but showed how much of a warrior he is by surviving and pulling out for at least a draw. Its his choice. He fights his way. In that respect Fedor is now like Nick Diaz was a couple years ago. Nick had no care about what others thought about him. He attacked the the strengths of his opponents, even if he had other ways to win. And when he lost, mostly by decision, he did it with his honor intact. Bushido.

Second, and more importantly, he fights to put his fighters on the card, and give them recognition. Fedor has no glory seeking bone in his body, which a lot of people don't understand. His legacy is set.

He should be stayed retired a long time ago. I agree please retire

Should have stayed retired after the Rizzo fight.

But it is what is and, if he wants to keep fighting, he's gonna.

Same can be said for Frank Mir. Both of them probably shouldn't be fighting.

I do think it's actually an interesting bout though and I do think it will have a notable effect on their resumes. I look forward to it. Not sure who will win.

Love the man full homo, but he never should've un-retired. He's looked like utter garbage against Maldonado and Mitrione, and losing to Mir would be one of the most destructively tragic things in MMA for me and other Fedor fans.

I don't agree that this tarnishes his legacy, though. Nothing can take what he did away.

Should have retired years ago. I hate it when legends don't know when to hang it up

If he wants to keep fighting, then no. Whatever damage he's done to his legacy, it's already been done and more losses aren't gonna change anything ("legacy fans" haven't shown themselves to be the most deserving people of whim-catering, anyways). And without a CT scan and all that shit, making generalizations about a guy's health is just... I don't see people making those same kinds of health worries when it comes to guys on the local scenes that're passed their primes and keep fighting and losing. The general thought is, "Might as well keep doing what he loves, who're we to tell someone how to live their life?"

Fedor should have retired after the Rogers fight.

he should've retired a while ago. At this point, keep taking whatever money bellator and rizin are willing to throw at him if he needs it

Did you actually see the maldonado-fight? Or just the parts he got clipped and beat down... because I can’t remember seeing any heavyweight getting beaten down like that and still come back the way Fedor Did that fight, incl flying knees...

But Yes... loosing against Mir should be his retirement imo..

Fedor fights now for two reasons, and none of them have great concern with win loss records.

Fedor fights now to challenge himself. He goes against his opponents strengths, instead of the usual attacking of their weaknesses. He boxed Maldanado, when Maldanado was a pro boxer. Why? Because he wanted to test his boxing skills. And he got clipped, but showed how much of a warrior he is by surviving and pulling out for at least a draw. Its his choice. He fights his way. In that respect Fedor is now like Nick Diaz was a couple years ago. Nick had no care about what others thought about him. He attacked the the strengths of his opponents, even if he had other ways to win. And when he lost, mostly by decision, he did it with his honor intact. Bushido.

Second, and more importantly, he fights to put his fighters on the card, and give them recognition. Fedor has no glory seeking bone in his body, which a lot of people don't understand. His legacy is set.
I would say yes.. but Im surprised none of his homeboy are fighting in Bellator 198.

Back