If Fedor loses to Mir, should he retire for good?

You Fedor diehards are insane. :D He fights because Vadim ripped him off and he's broke.

His M-1 contract leaked a few years ago and Fedor was making 1.1-1.3 million dollars per fight from them. He got $1mil flat to fight Hendo. His paper is good.

His M-1 contract leaked a few years ago and Fedor was making 1.1-1.3 million dollars per fight from them. He got $1mil flat to fight Hendo. His paper is good.

You have no idea how much he’s spent, how much he lost in court and how much the government took. He could very well be needing money.

You have no idea how much he’s spent, how much he lost in court and how much the government took. He could very well be needing money.

He doesn't live lavishly and had a government position he gave up shortly after coming out of retirement. RIZIN threw $2.5m at him to fight Singh. He wouldn't be the first fighter to run into financial ruin but he also wouldn't be the first squeezing as much out of his career as possible when he can still command major paydays from promoters.

Considering Fedor no longer talks to Vadim, its safe to say that he took the short end of that deal.

Also Fedor had a divorce with this second wife with whom he also had a kid with which probably took him for half of what he had.

And lastly there are rumors that Fedor but up bread to get Aleks out of prison sooner.

After all of this it wouldnt shock me if Fedor is looking for a payday.

He should fight until he feels it’s time to hang them up

Thought he should have after Affliction... Has never looked good in the cage. But I will watch till the end. #Pride Bless

Even though I love Fedor, if he loses he should leave his gloves in the ring

Fedor fights now for two reasons, and none of them have great concern with win loss records.

Fedor fights now to challenge himself. He goes against his opponents strengths, instead of the usual attacking of their weaknesses. He boxed Maldanado, when Maldanado was a pro boxer. Why? Because he wanted to test his boxing skills. And he got clipped, but showed how much of a warrior he is by surviving and pulling out for at least a draw. Its his choice. He fights his way. In that respect Fedor is now like Nick Diaz was a couple years ago. Nick had no care about what others thought about him. He attacked the the strengths of his opponents, even if he had other ways to win. And when he lost, mostly by decision, he did it with his honor intact. Bushido.

Second, and more importantly, he fights to put his fighters on the card, and give them recognition. Fedor has no glory seeking bone in his body, which a lot of people don't understand. His legacy is set.

I really think it has a lot to do with the latter. I think he wants to provide some sort of spark for Russian MMA and get his fighters some fights in these orgs. I'm pretty sure he makes some sort of money off them so it's in his benefit to get these guys fights and noticed on the big show.

Considering Fedor no longer talks to Vadim, its safe to say that he took the short end of that deal.

Also Fedor had a divorce with this second wife with whom he also had a kid with which probably took him for half of what he had.

And lastly there are rumors that Fedor but up bread to get Aleks out of prison sooner.

After all of this it wouldnt shock me if Fedor is looking for a payday.

Fedor is absolutely looking for a payday. That's what everyone in the game is doing. I just don't see much validity or credence in stories that he's broke. He got $2.5 mil from RIZIN. If he just needed a quick cash injection that would've done it. But he's thinking long-term, I think, as evidenced by his continued fighting.

Ive enjoyed Alexanders recent fights but not Fedors. Ive started putting my faith into a different Emelianenko

Shame he wont ever fight in UFC......

Should have retired after Hendo flatlined him.

But i enjoy watching Fedor get beat down so i don't care.

depends on how much money he has. The only reason he should fight at this point is if he really needs the money.

Fedor should retire when Fedor wants to retire.

Back