If fedor was using in pride, wouldn't he of been caught in sambo?

wigglestick

pess de gward
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think sambo competition allowed steroid use, and fedor was winning in world sambo competitions the same time he was beating everyone in pride(badass) so if he was heavily doped up like lots of fighters in pride wouldn't he of been caught in sambo competition???
Discuss

I don't think sambo competition allowed steroid use, and fedor was winning in world sambo competitions the same time he was beating everyone in pride(badass) so if he was heavily doped up like lots of fighters in pride wouldn't he of been caught in sambo competition???
Discuss
Why don't you just look up if Sambo tests to answer your question?

Edit: It appears after a 10 second search on a shitty forum the answer might be no.

Fedor *may* have used PEDs, because who the fuck knows.

But looking at the guy, who would say he has? He was a soft body with no physical signs of PED abuse like many of the top Pride guys at the time. Looking at you Wanderlei

Russia literally had a state sponsored program, initiated by Putin, to ensure all their athletes were doping.

But the Russian guy dominating a sport where everyone dopes in an organization that openly allowed doping, somehow isn't doping? Yeah... okay.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_Russia

Given the various doping scandals that have popped up in events as internationally high profile as the olympics, not being caught using elsewhere is far from absolute proof.

Not that we should be jumping to the conclusion Fedor was using based off Prides lax policies alone.

Last edited:
Dude you actually have to ask about testing by a russian commision?

But looking at the guy, who would say he has? He was a soft body with no physical signs of PED abuse like many of the top Pride guys at the time. Looking at you Wanderlei
Tim sylvia

Tim sylvia
That's why I said he may have because who the fuck knows. Syliva is obviously an exception and maybe Fedor is too, who knows? I doubt it though. I could very well be wrong but if I had to say I'd say Fedor fought clean for the most part.

As I mentioned in another thread, Fedor fighting without drug testing doesn't hurt his claim to GOAT, it helps.

- If he was using, everyone else was as well so that makes it an even playing field. That also means that fighters were at their best.

- If he was clean, we know others were definitely using so him beating guys at especially Heavyweights makes his run even more impressive.

Fedor wasn't beating guys in their twilight with strict testing like Stipe. Fedor was fighting guys in their prime that were potentially sauced to the gills. I find that far more impressive.

Let it go, Page... He didnt mean those knees...

Russia literally had a state sponsored program, initiated by Putin, to ensure all their athletes were doping.

But the Russian guy dominating a sport where everyone dopes in an organization that openly allowed doping, somehow isn't doping? Yeah... okay.
"Russia literally had a state sponsored program, initiated by Putin"

U can only laugh at something like that... lmao...

And "initiated by Putin" ! no less...

Dude... American and Russian Wrestlers have been dopin´since the beginning of the OG, possibly...

Let it go, Page... He didnt mean those knees...
I like Silva. Well, not so much now that his personality has been exposed more, but I loved Pride Wanderlei. Just saying he may be the biggest PED abuser I've ever seen in sports with his physique from those days.

I tried to find if steroids are legal in sambo competition but didn't find anything

No grappling comps check for that shit. That would cost money.

Why don't you just look up if Sambo tests to answer your question?
I think they were being tested through WADA.

Sambo was not state sponsored as far as I know. Now maybe Fedor's Judo career before he even began MMA was state sponsored but Fedor quit Judo when he was not selected to the national team one year iirc. His Sambo and MMA career were not state sponsored.

I like Silva. Well, not so much now that his personality has been exposed more, but I loved Pride Wanderlei. Just saying he may be the biggest PED abuser I've ever seen in sports with his physique from those days.
then u didnt see these guys:

1/ 4 tied:
[Team Coleman…] Coleman [many org. but 1st UFC] & Kerr [WVC AND UFC b4 Pride] & Barnett [UFC 1st , many org]….. & Lesnar [UFC]

5/ Overreem [many org. / Pride b4 UFC] or Sonnen [mainly UFC]

"Russia literally had a state sponsored program, initiated by Putin"

U can only laugh at something like that... lmao...

And "initiated by Putin" ! no less...

Dude... American and Russian Wrestlers have been dopin´since the beginning of the OG, possibly...
What exactly are you laughing at?

Watch the documentary "Icarus", you might learn something.

What exactly are you laughing at?

Watch the documentary "Icarus", you might learn something.
"Watch the documentary "Icarus""

lmao...

Ah, dude... you´re very new to this game...

People gotta realize that most drug testing is a joke. I believe it was in the icaraus documentary that the head of wada said that drug testing is essentially useless. During pride I'd guarantee that essentially every single fighter was using. In a sense it was a level playing field, so it doesn't really matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back