If fedor was using in pride, wouldn't he of been caught in sambo?

I don't think sambo competition allowed steroid use, and fedor was winning in world sambo competitions the same time he was beating everyone in pride(badass) so if he was heavily doped up like lots of fighters in pride wouldn't he of been caught in sambo competition???
Discuss

Hes from Russia.....

They couldn't fucking compete fully in the Olympics !!!!! Why is this hard for people to understand.

They all Juice.... who cares

The only thing Fedor was using in pride was Japanese hookers and Russian vodka

I have to pop into these threads from time to time. It boggles the mind to think that there are still people who actually believe that competitive professional athletes are NOT using performance enhancing drugs. It is a level playing field. There are only people that get caught and people that don't. Especially in a physically demanding sport as professional FIGHTING. There are examples of drug use on the second professional soccer level in the Netherlands, going back THIRTY years for Gay Jesus' sake.

I don't think sambo competition allowed steroid use, and fedor was winning in world sambo competitions the same time he was beating everyone in pride(badass) so if he was heavily doped up like lots of fighters in pride wouldn't he of been caught in sambo competition???
Discuss

You mean Sambo in Russia?
The world's steroid capital?

Closely followed by Brazil.

No. Putin probably injected Fedor himself.

He was a muscular 240lbs early on in Pride. His lats, traps and shoulders were massive. Once they planned to do Pride FC shows in the US, where did drug testing, Fedor started to shrink. He was now gaining fat while losing muscles and this was happening in his late 20s. That's all I'm gonna say.

He was a muscular 240lbs early on in Pride. His lats, traps and shoulders were massive. Once they planned to do Pride FC shows in the US, where did drug testing, Fedor started to shrink. He was now gaining fat while losing muscles and this was happening in his late 20s. That's all I'm gonna say.
giphy.gif

Fedor *may* have used PEDs, because who the fuck knows.

But looking at the guy, who would say he has? He was a soft body with no physical signs of PED abuse like many of the top Pride guys at the time. Looking at you Wanderlei
Barnett was popped multiple times. He's not exactly shredded.

Eye test doesn't mean shit

Meanwhile over in America, we had Brock Lesnar as UFC HW champ

UFCBrockLesnar.jpg

And Ubereem as Strikeforce HW champ

mqdefault.jpg

Don't forget your UFC LHW and MW champs

anderson-silva-vs-jon-jones.0.jpg

And dozens of other "all natty" UFC champs and stars

028frankmir.jpg

method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=20&y=11&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=9BF16310-1D09-6BFC-E59CEA499074A7DE.jpg
So whats your point? They all cheated and got caught. I said it's cheating if it is under a organisation with testing and that it's even more unfair if some guys jucie. Nothing you said is against any of my arguments.

It doesn't matter. As long as the playing field is level. The only issue is when some cheat and get away with it and some don't. Or some top guys have more money to scam the system and other new poor guys don't.

In my opinion, Sylvia, Barnett and Mir, although not ripped or shredded, all looked significantly more muscular when they were using.

Werdum...not so much.

Good point, Russia is very well known for their strict adherence to anti-doping rules in competition.

But looking at the guy, who would say he has? He was a soft body with no physical signs of PED abuse like many of the top Pride guys at the time. Looking at you Wanderlei
Let’s take a look at a recently retired hw who pissed hot almost every other bout. Mr. Josh Barnett. That guy was king of dad bods before they were cool.

Well first off, nobody can do anything other than speculate on the subject.

Secondly, why the hell would you ask for a rational conversation on the matter here where you have an even mix of huggers and haters, I would almost wonder if you are a shit disturber.

Third and finally, who gives a shit? It was pride and so if he was juiced to the gills then at the very least, he would have been on equal footing with everyone else in that ring so it sort of doesn't matter at all.

Now if you could somehow prove that he was clean amongst all the juice monkey's, then that would be super impressive. I caution you though, if you did find convincing proof, don't share it here, it would be a waste of your time as you would be swarmed by haters who have suddenly become chemists.

Oh, lets not forget that merica, Brazil, and many other countries have produced fighters who have popped. I would be curious what the statistical numbers are by nation.

Doesn't matter. Steroids were legal in pride so it isn't cheating

Using steroids is only cheating if steroids aren't allowed and you are using them to gain an unfair advantage.

The only thing that would matter is if Fedor was using steroids when he was fighting in Strikeforce or Bellator or other orgs were steroids were banned

PEDs don't stop you from being fat. That has to do with diet and exercise. The eye test doesn't tell you who isn't on roids.

People gotta realize that most drug testing is a joke. I believe it was in the icaraus documentary that the head of wada said that drug testing is essentially useless. During pride I'd guarantee that essentially every single fighter was using. In a sense it was a level playing field, so it doesn't really matter.

Even Sakuraba, Kondo, Sakurai, and Gomi?

I don’t know.

I also don’t think Guy Mezger ever used.
And Igor V, who got worn out and aged/injured like a normal human being.

I wonder if Anderson Silva was using back then...

All Russian athletes are on steriods, guys. But pretty much all high level athletes are on something. I don’t know why anyone cares. None of the boxing fans care, or the baseball fans. Stop giving a shit.

When Tim Sylvia popped he was looking more lean. He said he did it to give him the kind of body that other fighters in the UFC had.

Tim didnt get long term gains because he wasnt using long term. He used, got caught within the first 6 months of doing it, and stopped.

Looking at goofy Tim body and saying 'no peds' is ignoring the Tim body when he WAS on peds.

Tim sylvia

There is a stark difference between timmeh on PEDS and off ......like hundreds of pounds lol.

Fedors skills declined at a natural rate too....

Not like Vitor,Randy,Hendo etc who had late career resurgence amongst others.Fedor also PASSED EVERY TEST STATESIDE when others failed the exact same testing including Barnett who passed tests in the UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back