If GSP beats Bisping and Whittaker then retires....Undisputed GOAT?

He will always be top 3-4 in my book, and doing that will only add to his long list of achievements. To come back after 4 years in the fastest growing sport and become champion in another weight division against a future hall of famer like bisping, and then defend the belt against a young killer like whittaker would be unprecedented.

He will always be top 3-4 in my book, and doing that will only add to his long list of achievements. To come back after 4 years in the fastest growing sport and become champion in another weight division against a future hall of famer like bisping, and then defend the belt against a young killer like whittaker would be unprecedented.

Well, assuming he wins not a bogus decision from corrupt Judges before he flees from the sport for his safety like last time.

Beating Bisping means absolutely nothing. Whittaker on the other hand would be a huge feather in his cap.
that is a silly thing to say.

Look how many miles Anderson has got off his Forrest win simply because Forrest was an Ex Champ on his way to irrelevancy.

A GSP win over the current MW champ Bisping will be far more valuable when talking heads sit around and talk GOAT years from now.

if he beats bisping, he takes a belt in a higher weight class, but against the weakest champ that weight class has ever had. kind of a dubious achievement.

beating whittaker would be a much bigger deal IMO.

Bisping nearly got murdered by a 45 year old, multi year losing streak, retiring, number THIRTEEN ranked middleweight in his last fight.

No sane fight fan actually believes Bisping is the best fighter at 185. I wouldn't even put him in the top 3 and he's lost to ranked fighters almost as a rule throughout his entire career.

GSP is fighting him because he see's him as a soft target.

See my post above. If Anderson got that much miles out of a Forrest win when no sane fight fan looks back and thinks Forrest was heading anywhere but towards his retirement when Anderson beat him...

So ya GSP will get at least as much value out of it as Anderson got from the Forrest win if not way more, rightfully.

GSP, Jones, Fedor, Silva and Conor are all in contention for services and achievements rendered to MMA.

All in a class of their own.

tenor.gif

See my post above. If Anderson got that much miles out of a Forrest win when no sane fight fan looks back and thinks Forrest was heading anywhere but towards his retirement when Anderson beat him...

So ya GSP will get at least as much value out of it as Anderson got from the Forrest win if not way more, rightfully.

Objectively, Anderson shouldn't be in the discussion for GOAT.

He's one of the best middleweights of all time, and a great fighter of his generation, but had obvious holes in his game and failed a PEDS test. So I find no reason to let that factor in to Georges' discussion here.

Objectively, Anderson shouldn't be in the discussion for GOAT.

He's one of the best middleweights of all time, and a great fighter of his generation, but had obvious holes in his game and failed a PEDS test. So I find no reason to let that factor in to Georges' discussion here.
I waa referring to the fact that he does get a ton of mileage for going up and fighting Forrest, a guy who was a former champ and on the direct slide to irrelevance at the time and Bisping as current MW champ is a far bigger and more relevant champ.

Whether or not we think Anderson should be in the GOAT talks or not does not change he is and gets a ton of value in those discussions re Forrest.

GSP, Jones, Fedor, Silva and Conor are all in contention for services and achievements rendered to MMA.

All in a class of their own.

One of these things is not like the others...

I waa referring to the fact that he does get a ton of mileage for going up and fighting Forrest, a guy who was a former champ and on the direct slide to irrelevance at the time and Bisping as current MW champ is a far bigger and more relevant champ.

Whether or not we think Anderson should be in the GOAT talks or not does not change he is and gets a ton of value in those discussions re Forrest.

I don't assign 'a ton of value' to it, like many others, I think it was a hand picked gimmie fight.

Forrest was coming off a KNOCKOUT LOSS. In no sane world does the worlds #1 P4P fighter, apropos of nothing, book a fight with a guy coming off a loss, let alone a knockout loss.

Explain how GSP beats Whittaker
If he did it would have to be by wrestling And using good fundamental boxing Bobby Knuckles is a very Dynamic kickboxer but unfortunately it's nothing that GSP hasn't done himself. The time before GSP became the GSP we all know he was a karate guy and did a lot of Taekwondo.
Just because GSP doesn't use these techniques doesn't mean he doesn't know how how to defend against them. And it when it comes into the wrestling Department you might say but Romero wasn't able to keep him down and control Bobby knuckles... You have to remember that Romero doesn't use his wrestling in that same way. Just go back and watch his fights and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Not to mention there's not a very big size difference between GSP and Bobby knuckles.

In the end I would still pick Bobby Knuckles but I would not be surprised if GSP somehow won.

Why would that up his stock that much? He is fighting one of the weakest champs ever, and whitaker is an ok fighter, but nothing special. If he defends against someone like Rockhold and wins, I would consider it.

Back