Elections "If he invited me to a public hanging, I'd be in the front row" - Mississippi Senate candidate

Sure. Trudeau says “people kind” and it’s super serious. This lady blabs about a lynching and it’s just a joke lol.

I have to admit that's a bizarre statement.

Crazy bitch lol.

Sure. Trudeau says “people kind” and it’s super serious. This lady blabs about a lynching and it’s just a joke lol.

Well to be fair, Trudeau means that shit when he says it. We know that for a fact because its consistent with everything he virtue signals.

Her comment does come off as a joke to me, be a morbid one that tells me she's put a lot into lynchings.

i feel this is a case of people wanting to be outraged by bad off the cuff phrasing. You have to give more thought to what you say now just because of how rabid a lot of people are in wanting to use you as an example of whatever side you are on when they are on the opposite side.

The right wing, ladies and gentlemen

1. You're making an assumption.
2. I don't know it.
3. This is worse than your garden variety oddly phrased joke, particularly given the context.

You know it was a joke and everyone else does as well. She was literally complimenting someone when she said it. Most obvious shit ever.

I don't play political teams. I didn't vote for Trump because I don't think he should be president.

It would lead anyone to that, which is part of my point. You're conditioned to be more offended by the perceived racism than the actual content of her comments.

If she said it in Colorado, would it even register?

"Oh', she just said she'd like to attend public hangings. No biggie."

Again, you don't have to be from the South to know it's history and culture. I totally get what you're saying, but I'm offering a different perspective.

Saying you'd be eager to watch hangings is alarming in any context.

you promote "armchair enthusiasm" . that's fine, probably your thing. me personally, never a good look. oh well, do you bro.

It would lead anyone to that, which is part of my point. You're conditioned to be more offended by the perceived racism than the actual content of her comments.

If she said it in Colorado, would it even register?

"Oh', she just said she'd like to attend public hangings. No biggie."

Again, you don't have to be from the South to know it's history and culture. I totally get what you're saying, but I'm offering a different perspective.

Saying you'd be eager to watch hangings is alarming in any context.

you promote "armchair enthusiasm" . that's fine, probably your thing. me personally, never a good look. oh well, do you bro.

A Republican! I am shocked! . The party attracts all the WPower types, so no surprise here.

In context, I think it was a completely innocuous comment, not even a dog whistle. That said, it was dumb and she had a pointless press conference where she just stonewalled.

This redneck could lynch a black man on her front porch tonight and would still win.

Mississippi doesn't tuppenny fuck about looking ass backwards to the rest of the world. The confederacy is Mississippi white men & women's oyster.

This redneck could lynch a black man on her front porch tonight and would still win.

Mississippi doesn't tuppenny fuck about looking ass backwards to the rest of the world. The confederacy is Mississippi white men & women's oyster.

Not sure why though. Mississippi didn't play an unusually large role in the war as far as I know. If you go by battles, Georgia, Missouri, Tenessee, Lousiana, and especially Virginia all saw much more combat and probably lost more lives locally.

Not sure why though. Mississippi didn't play an unusually large role in the war as far as I know. If you go by battles, Georgia, Missouri, Tenessee, Lousiana, and especially Virginia all saw much more combat and probably lost more lives locally.

It has less to do with the war itself, even though they were the 2nd state to secede. Their fixation is on the romanticized preservation of the Confederacy, or The Lost Cause. In the eyes of many white Mississippi residents, Cindy Hyde-Smith is emblematic of the Daughters of the Confederacy. Post-Civil War generations of white Southerners like Cindy were/are fed a revisionist Confederate narrative at a young age. She not only inherited a reverence for the Confederacy, she celebrated it.

IT'S OVER!

Cindy Hyde-Smith wins. <JonesDXSuckIt><JonesDXSuckIt><JonesDXSuckIt>

Senate Advantage increases by 1 to make it 53-47 (a 6-seat advantage for Republicans).

serveimage

Back