If I Bet 10,000 On A -175 Favorite, How Much Do I Win?

You could have googled it....

Having said that, the American way of reporting odds is needlessly confusing.
Why not just use decimal odds?
Odds x stake = winnings.
Exactly. Everyone over here uses fractions and they're fucking stupid too. 13/8? Fuck outta here

You could have googled it....

Having said that, the American way of reporting odds is needlessly confusing.
Why not just use decimal odds?
Odds x stake = winnings.
We aren't even on the metric system yet, we have a long way to go when it comes to this shit. Drives this American nuts all the time. Absolutely stupid.

Enough to take a few community college classes...invest in yourself, you need it

Stipe vs DC isn't a smart fight to bet on.

Save it and max out a Roth IRA for the next two years.

So you dont understand how betting odds work and youre gonna drop 10 grand on a pick em fight?

Lol bullshit

You gotta trust my instincts on this one.

Go big or go home.
This isnt going big lmao. If you win you dont even make more than you put in

Youd win like 6 grand

You could win that much betting with 2 grand easy if you find the right underdog

We aren't even on the metric system yet, we have a long way to go when it comes to this shit. Drives this American nuts all the time. Absolutely stupid.

Ehh, Conversions are easier with metric, but SAE has some redeeming qualities. For instance, Fahrenheit is more useful for setting real world temperature for human comfort, without getting into decimals each degree is a finer adjustment of temperature. Also, If you are cutting something into thirds using metric you get into .33333.... so precision can be difficult with dividing certain measurements.

So you dont understand how betting odds work and youre gonna drop 10 grand on a pick em fight?

Lol bullshit

I understand how betting odds work, the math of this particular bet were just a little confusing. It was easier to just come on here and ask.

This isnt going big lmao. If you win you dont even make more than you put in

Youd win like 6 grand

You could win that much betting with 2 grand easy if you find the right underdog

I win that plus the 10k I'm betting.. So I walk away with more money than I'm betting.

I understand how betting odds work, the math of this particular bet were just a little confusing. It was easier to just come on here and ask.

I win that plus the 10k I'm betting.. So I walk away with more money than I'm betting.
..... Obviously

If Stipe shits the bed you're going to feel pretty awful. One of the biggest bets I lost was betting against DC. I bet on Barnett to handle DC. Dc just seemed unproven to me at that time and extremely small for a HW. I thought Josh would just bully him all fight. I was wrong.

I'm still learning the intricacies of how betting odds work + I can't do math in my head. Somebody help me out.

you don't win anything betting $10,000 on a sports event. You lose at life, you degenerate gambler. Seek help.

This post gave me some unintentional lulz. I sure hope you'd walk away with more than you bet whenever you win a bet!

Back