If Joe Rogan's Turning Side Kick is So Good, Why Didn't GSP Know About it?

and he fights against heavybags. Kind of a small difference.

It's harder against a heavy bag.... A bag of that size is unforgiving. He needs to time it perfectly, or else 60-70 procent of his power is gone and it will barely move

Rogan actually mistimed it in the first try in the GSP clip. I posted a better one.

B. Rogans kick is alright. Nothing great. Theres quite a lot to criticize about it such as how he leaves the leg extended out rather than yanking it back and down after it lands.

You are crazy. And no, that is irrelevant.

Spin side is way too telegraphed in real time. Plus it's hard to cover distance like you can with spin hook or speed like spin back.

Rogan made it to maybe blue belt by the look of his technique because above that all that shit is airborn to cover even more ground.

Even this pencil neck shows better mechanics and skill than Rogan.

Spin side is way too telegraphed in real time. Plus it's hard to cover distance like you can with spin hook or speed like spin back.

Rogan made it to maybe blue belt by the look of his technique because above that all that shit is airborn to cover even more ground.

Even this pencil neck shows better mechanics and skill than Rogan.

- I liked this guy kicks tutorial. Sad he stoped doing!

John Danaher called up Rogan to work with GSP on his spinning back kick dude

Because he'd heard it was that good before the world did

I was told never to throw spinning shit unless they are circling to that direction and the time calls for it.

Seen way to many people spin and get clobbered with their back turned, if someone times the kick, expect to be pounced on if you turn your back.

Also fuck the turning sidekick, the sidekick is all you need. As you can retract the knee to the chest and pivot it out as they are stepping forward. If you miss on say a lead leg, body or high kick. You can chamber the knee to the chest once it passes the target and fire it off if they step in after your failed kick passes the target and or centerline.

EDIT: Why Firas probably didn't teach it because it's an extremely situational kick and the Lead Sidekick in itself is just a much safer kick to be used with insane power.

I should have watched the video again before I posted it, for sure. I just started this thread on a whim....the idea just came to me. But I haven't seen above video for a while. The gist of my question remains though. The kick isn't hard to learn, so with practice high-level MMA fighters could get really good at it. So why isn't it more common? (Some have already addressed this above.) And if GSP is so thrilled by it, why didn't he learn it and use it in the Octagon a long time ago? (As someone mentioned above, it could be that he was just being polite to Joe, that he really wasn't all THAT thrilled by it.)

I'll answer your question. It's a situational Kick and there are safer kicks out there with just as much power.

I can't stand Joe Rogan.

Just sayin'

these moves like spinning back sh#$ is designed for Jon Bones Jones at 6'4"
if your 5'5" like Rogan probably dont try w bigger opponent. Even tho Rogan hits very hard your unlikely to pull this off giving up back mostly

spinning shit can be deceptive though. it the main thing it has going for it.

Back