UPDATE: Now that JON JONES is declared innocent he is only 1 win away from catching JOSE ALDO

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
ALDO went 25-0 in his first 25 fights at FW (including 9 title defenses).
JONES is 22-1 (1) in his first 24 fights at LHW (including 8 title defenses).

Now that Jones is cleared of intentional wrongdoing for his latest PED failure he will effectively be 24-0 going into his next fight, only one short of Aldo's legendary run to start his career.

Notes for Hardcores:
  1. Aldo's only loss in his first 26 fights was at LW, so like Jones he began his career with a massive undefeated streak in one particular division.
  2. Of course unlike Aldo, Jones decided not to test himself above his division only 8 fights into his career. But that's beside the point.
  3. Jones's Hamill loss wasn't a real loss, let's be real.
  4. GSP went 23-2 in his first 25 fights at WW (but was challenging for the world title in only his 8th fight).
  5. Khabib is an impressive 26-0, but unlike Aldo and Jones doesn't have a massive run of defenses.
  6. Of course 145 and 155 are much deeper talent pools than 205, since the average athletic Brazilian/American man is around 5'9"-5'10" and 165-175lbs - i.e., someone who would cut to LW - so Aldo and GSP, in divisions immediately to either side of LW, effectively had to climb higher mountains than Jones. THAT SAID, at 205lbs it can perhaps be argued that while the path isn't as challenging in p4p talent-depth terms, the margin for error is lower due to the amount of power in play.
  7. Jon Jones has been my favourite fighter to watch for the last half decade or so, so yes ... I am one biased motherfucker and rooting for him to beat this latest charge.
  8. Fedor is the GOAT.

Update 1, 31 Mar 2018:
Ouch, CSAC weren't too kind ... BUT ... there's still a USADA hearing to come, right guys?

giphy.gif

Update 2, 20 Sep 2018:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
divergent-bad-movie-reviews-4.gif

There’s revisionist history. But, turning 22-1-1 into 24-0 is just fucked right up, alright.

Khabib will just be extending his undefeated streak while Bones is on mandatory vacation.

If Jones get cleared, he’ll find another way to fuck things up.

If TS had wings, do you believe he could fly or would his bodyweight and non-birdlike proportions make him more like a penguin or an ostrich?

Jones's Hamill loss wasn't a real loss.
Hum..
Not really, it's a real and fair loss.
  1. The following acts constitute fouls in a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts and may result in penalties, at the discretion of thereferee, if committed:
    1. Striking downward using the point of the elbow
  2. Disqualification may occur after any combination of fouls or after a flagrant foul at the discretion of the referee.

If TS had wings, do you believe he could fly or would his bodyweight and non-birdlike proportions make him more like a penguin or an ostrich?

<BirdieOwn> w/e this thing is

Thats the real question here
I personally have a wingspan of 77 inches

Why should he get cleared though?

MONEY...............Lots of Bribes ............... This is the ONLY Way............... JJONES IS GUILTY AS FUK OF ALL CHARGES AND WHO KNOWS WHAT HE HAS GOTTEN AWAY WITH .

Hate to spoil your parade, but Jones had banned substances in his system.

The process now is to find out if Jones took the neccessary precautions to avoid bad substances and happened to take a contaminated substance from a bad batch.

Ie. Same product with Other batch numbers cannot obtain T-bol metabolites.

Same product with same batch numbers must contain t-bol metabolites.

Jones must provide receipt of purchase and supply his contaminated supplement.

Now if all of this goes well for Jon, he will still receive a small suspension like Yoel did which is usually just time served plus a couple of meaningless months.

Regardless, his win will always be a no contest.

As for your other point about 145/155 always being the most competitive divisions is false. 145 is below national averages in regards to height.

There is a greater sport choice for smaller athletes than there is for HW's, and thus the talent pool is spread far wider.

How many HW's do you see competing in the winter olympics??

Aldo went 25-0 in his first 25 fights at FW (including 9 title defenses).
Jones is 22-1 (1) in his first 24 fights at LHW (including 8 title defenses).

If Jones is cleared of intentional wrongdoing for his latest PED failure he will effectively be 24-0 going into his next fight, only one short of Aldo's legendary run to start his career.

Notes for Hardcores:
  1. Aldo's only loss in his first 26 fights was a short-notice outing at 155.
  2. Of course unlike Aldo, Jones decided not to test himself above his division only 8 fights into his career. But that's beside the point.
  3. Jones's Hamill loss wasn't a real loss.
  4. GSP went 23-2 in his first 25 fights at WW (but was challenging for the world title in only his 8th fight).
  5. Of course 145 and 155 are much deeper talent pools than 205, since the average athletic Brazilian/American man is around 5'9"-5'10" and 165-175lbs - i.e., someone who would cut to LW - so Aldo and GSP, in divisions immediately to either side of LW, effectively had to climb higher mountains than Jones. (LHW of course is the most celebrity-filled division due to promotional practices, but this is MMA ... even before CM Punk turned up we all understood level of fame is not the same as level of talent in this game. Fame - aka "Name" value - holds even after a fighter leaves their prime.) THAT SAID, at 205lbs it can be argued that while the path isn't as challenging in p4p talent-depth terms, the margin for error is lower due to the amount of power in play.
  6. Jon Jones has been my favourite fighter to watch for the last half decade or so, so yes ... I am one biased motherfucker and rooting for him to beat this latest charge.
  7. Fedor is the GOAT.
Soooo you're saying 1. Fedor 2. Aldo

Why do people say shit like this "Cleared Innocent" That is not possible. They found the steroid in his system. It is about minimizing the suspension..

Aldo went 25-0 in his first 25 fights at FW (including 9 title defenses).
Jones is 22-1 (1) in his first 24 fights at LHW (including 8 title defenses).

If Jones is cleared of intentional wrongdoing for his latest PED failure he will effectively be 24-0 going into his next fight, only one short of Aldo's legendary run to start his career.

Notes for Hardcores:
  1. Aldo's only loss in his first 26 fights was a short-notice outing at 155.
  3. Jones's Hamill loss wasn't a real loss.
  5. Of course 145 and 155 are much deeper talent pools than 205, since the average athletic Brazilian/American man is around 5'9"-5'10" and 165-175lbs - i.e., someone who would cut to LW - so Aldo and GSP, in divisions immediately to either side of LW, effectively had to climb higher mountains than Jones. (LHW of course is the most celebrity-filled division due to promotional practices, but this is MMA ... even before CM Punk turned up we all understood level of fame is not the same as level of talent in this game. Fame - aka "Name" value - holds even after a fighter leaves their prime.) THAT SAID, at 205lbs it can be argued that while the path isn't as challenging in p4p talent-depth terms, the margin for error is lower due to the amount of power in play.
  6. Jon Jones has been my favourite fighter to watch for the last half decade or so, so yes ... I am one biased motherfucker and rooting for him to beat this latest charge.
  7. Fedor is the GOAT.
I feel like I'm in crazyland.... He will never be proven "INNOCENT".... he is guilty but they will determine if he did it on "purpose" or if it was "dick pills" again.

Back