UPDATE: Now that JON JONES is declared innocent he is only 1 win away from catching JOSE ALDO

Aldo went 25-0 in his first 25 fights at FW (including 9 title defenses).
Jones is 22-1 (1) in his first 24 fights at LHW (including 8 title defenses).

If Jones is cleared of intentional wrongdoing for his latest PED failure he will effectively be 24-0 going into his next fight, only one short of Aldo's legendary run to start his career.

Effectively - lol

a loss is a loss

If TS had wings, do you believe he could fly or would his bodyweight and non-birdlike proportions make him more like a penguin or an ostrich?
If Phi- was actually a mutant turtle that lived in the sewers and somehow liked pizza... Would he be able to type this exact same reply case the Google Toilet Internet Service Provider existed? Would he be able to actually use either a physical keyboard or a touchpad for that matter?

All reasonable paradigms here...maybe.

But he was not defeated by anyone. Nobody got the better of him. It’s a technicality. He gave Matt the worst beating of his life that night. It was brutal.
It is a technicality. That’s why I said “technically” he isn’t undefeated.

Khabib would be like 50 to beat aldos defense record on frequency he fights. Best Khabibb can hope for is LW GOAT and beat BJ's record of 3.

Yeah, to be fair, longevity is a big part of being a GOAT. If one guy fights 10 times in 5 years winning all fights, it's less admirable than someone doing 10 fights in 10 years as long as they are all high threat fights and not tune ups or anything. Being at the top level for 10 straight years no exceptions is a huge feat, motivation and evolution of the sport wise.

Everyone seems to be missing the satire in the TS's original post. This thread isn't about jones potentially getting off scotch free for peds; It's about the fact that Aldo's record is a better than Jones's record regardless of whether or not Jones ever popped for peds. Even if Jones was a saint who didn't have any asterisks next to his resume, he'd still be behind Aldo in terms of accomplishments right now.

That really is the most important thing here. Aldo won his title younger, held it longer, and defended more against overall better competition.

Aldo > Jones

Lol wow you wasted a whole lot of time rambling on about nothing.

You transitioned your argument to focus solely on 2 places USA and Brazil because taking in world statistics proves you wrong.

But you fail to mention that the most popular sport in America that has 26.5 million players ...
https://www.sfia.org/press/433_Over-26-Million-Americans-Play-Basketball

Only has 1900 playing professionally and semi professionally

So unlike your entire point that they have to compete with Basketball, the contrary where there is an abundance of Basketball players that could transition.

Fact is, majority of the popular sports that house big guys provide a greater number athletes who can compete in MMA than take away from, but the idea that if LeBron James didnt play basketball he'd be a MMA fighter is pretty dumb, majority of people do not want to fight in a cage as their profession, even if they are exceptionally athletic.

Thanks for playing ya goof.

Your 1900 number is the number of NCAA division 1 basketball players fyi. It doesn't say what you think it does.

There are far, far more average sized people in the world than "big guys". An athletic "big guy" in college has an obvious career path. Your average-sized athletic guy does not.

<LikeReally5>Did Lance find a way to be cleared? Remember what Shale said about him hiding under the cage! Please stop making pretentious threads that are just repulsive! The guy is a cheat and has no morals!

There's nothing of Aldos TO catch. Everything he ever worked hard for, was takened away with
One. Single. Punch.

And that will NEVER change.
Bless Conor

Interesting statistic. Both of them also fought similar levels of competition if you think about it.

Aldo went 25-0 in his first 25 fights at FW (including 9 title defenses).
Jones is 22-1 (1) in his first 24 fights at LHW (including 8 title defenses).

If Jones is cleared of intentional wrongdoing for his latest PED failure he will effectively be 24-0 going into his next fight, only one short of Aldo's legendary run to start his career.

Notes for Hardcores:
  1. Aldo's only loss in his first 26 fights was a short-notice outing at 155.
  2. Of course unlike Aldo, Jones decided not to test himself above his division only 8 fights into his career. But that's beside the point.
  3. Jones's Hamill loss wasn't a real loss.
  4. GSP went 23-2 in his first 25 fights at WW (but was challenging for the world title in only his 8th fight).
  5. Of course 145 and 155 are much deeper talent pools than 205, since the average athletic Brazilian/American man is around 5'9"-5'10" and 165-175lbs - i.e., someone who would cut to LW - so Aldo and GSP, in divisions immediately to either side of LW, effectively had to climb higher mountains than Jones. (LHW of course is the most celebrity-filled division due to promotional practices, but this is MMA ... even before CM Punk turned up we all understood level of fame is not the same as level of talent in this game. Fame - aka "Name" value - holds even after a fighter leaves their prime.) THAT SAID, at 205lbs it can be argued that while the path isn't as challenging in p4p talent-depth terms, the margin for error is lower due to the amount of power in play.
  6. Jon Jones has been my favourite fighter to watch for the last half decade or so, so yes ... I am one biased motherfucker and rooting for him to beat this latest charge.
  7. Fedor is the GOAT.
<JonesLaugh>

#FreeBonesJones

Hum..
Not really, it's a real and fair loss.
Referee was complete garbage. Hamill was no longer intelligently defending himself long before those strikes.

Awful ref'ing fucks up so many fights.

You transitioned your argument to focus solely on 2 places USA and Brazil because taking in world statistics proves you wrong.

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy, because giving the greatest weightings to the two nations which contribute the vast majority of fighters to the MMA talent pool isn't something someone with at least a 7th grade education could understand I guess.

giphy.gif

But you fail to mention that the most popular sport in America that has 26.5 million players ...
https://www.sfia.org/press/433_Over-26-Million-Americans-Play-Basketball

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy, because any rational person would consider the size distribution across the 26.5 million casuals to be somewhere close to the same as the size distribution across the 1900 pros I guess.

giphy.gif

Fact is, majority of the popular sports that house big guys provide a greater number athletes who can compete in MMA than take away from, but the idea that if LeBron James didnt play basketball he'd be a MMA fighter is pretty dumb, majority of people do not want to fight in a cage as their profession, even if they are exceptionally athletic.

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy, because I said that if LeBron James didnt play basketball he'd be a MMA fighter and that the majority of people want to fight in a cage as their profession I guess.

giphy.gif

lol.... do you have some links to back that up because I dont see where in what you posted there are any sort of statistics to embolden your claims

giphy.gif

But he was not defeated by anyone. Nobody got the better of him. It’s a technicality. He gave Matt the worst beating of his life that night. It was brutal.

Matt beat Jon mentally that night.

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy, because giving the greatest weightings to the two nations which contribute the vast majority of fighters to the MMA talent pool isn't something someone with at least a 7th grade education could understand I guess.

giphy.gif

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy, because any rational person would consider the size distribution across the 26.5 million casuals to be somewhere close to the same as the size distribution across the 1900 pros I guess.

giphy.gif

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy, because I said that if LeBron James didnt play basketball he'd be a MMA fighter and that the majority of people want to fight in a cage as their profession I guess.

giphy.gif

Lol i love how you use GIF's, makes you look all the dumber.

40% of the UFC's top 10 HW's are from outside the USA and Brazil, so there is a large talent pool outside of those 2 major contributing countries in the UFC. To pretend that only these 2 countries matter is ridiculous.

2nd. Your entire argument is further null and void when Brazil, the 2nd major contributing country doesnt play either of those big sports.

Now your down to Americans being only 30% of the top 10, and your argument is now that Americans are naturally athletically superior to other countries because our big athletes go into other sports.

Which im not sure if you actually believe that, because doesnt really seem like you have much thought behind this.

Lets move on.

There are 18,684 NCAA participents in Basketball, who only have a 10% chance of being drafted to any sort of professional level, it leaves about 16,000 competitive basket players that can cross over.

Football is even better.

73,000 NCAA participents, and only a very small fraction of them can make it to any sort of pro level.

I still do not see any sort of significant numbers that would leave anyone to believe that these 2 sports could negatively impact a "different sport" in any meaningful way.

Sorry the numbers just arent there to hold any weight to your argument. I mean you can continue but its just sad at this point.

Back