If Kelvin cant beat Magny, what makes you think RDA can

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
and before you say leg kicks, RDA's leg kicks wont be there. RDA is a southpaw and Magny is orthodox. He'll have to settle for inside leg kicks which requires more of a rotation distance OR switch stance then perform the outside leg kick which will be hella telegraphed. Especially on a guy with a 10 inch reach advantage I just dont see it happening.

RDA does have good body kicks though.

Dont care who wins just hope it's a good fight. I have a feeling it's going to be close and we're going to regret it's not 5 rounds

I think Magny takes it, but RDA is a tough test for almost anyone in the division.

I favor RDA. Magny got butchered by Larkin and should have lost to Hendricks. Dos Anjos should look better than he did in the Saffeidine fight since he has had more time to adapt to 170.

Rda didn't look good against tarec. Was constantly being reversed in the clinch. I think magny wins possibly by stoppage

Because, wow, this is a random ass thread.

You do realize RDA has beat numerous southpaws right?

RDA and Kelvin's style are nothing alike. Your argument is TERRIBLE.

I agree that it is a bit tough for RDA, but Magny doesn't really have any power, nor great takedown defense. I got RDA by decision.

Magny has never ragdolled anyone like he did to Kelvin in the beginning of that fight. It's weird. And Kelvin's not been ragdolled by anyone before or after that except huge Weidman.
The fight in general just didn't play out like their other fights have.

I'm still amazed at Magny. Never know wtf to expect from him. He s beaten Lombard, Hendricks and Kelvin, but I've also seen him get steam rolled by Maia and Larkin.

I'm still amazed at Magny. Never know wtf to expect from him. He s beaten Lombard, Hendricks and Kelvin, but I've also seen him get steam rolled by Maia and Larkin.

He can outlast guys, but he is extremely easy to find on the feet. His defense is far from tight.

He might be able to pressure RDA and outwork him over three rounds, but TS' logic on this is idiotic. Kelvin and RDA are about as dumb of a comparison as it gets.

RDA does have good body kicks though.

true, but I dont think theyre fight ending body kicks. He'll also have to get way inside in Magnys punching range to get his shin to his body. Also might be susceptible to getting taken down if he throws them.

Neil Magny got starched by Mike Ricci.

You do realize RDA has beat numerous southpaws right?

RDA and Kelvin's style are nothing alike. Your argument is TERRIBLE.

How is RDA beating numerous southpaws relevant? Magny is orthodox.
Kelvin and RDA are both Orthodox with similar physical traits and both aggressive with good chins, except Kelvin has more dangerous hands and a longer reach than RDA.

true, but I dont think theyre fight ending body kicks. He'll also have to get way inside in Magnys punching range to get his shin to his body. Also might be susceptible to getting taken down if he throws them.

Cerrone's liver disagrees...

How is RDA beating numerous southpaws relevant? Magny is orthodox.
Kelvin and RDA are both Orthodox with similar physical traits and both aggressive with good chins, except Kelvin has more dangerous hands and a longer reach than RDA.

Right,

Thought Magny was southpaw. That actually helps my argument, RDA has got his kicks going against far more orthodox fighters. See his fights with Pettis, Cerrone, and Njokuani. All of whom are competent, rangy orthodox strikers he used his kicks fantastically against.

RDA lands his kicks regardless of his opponents stance. Orthodox vs southpaw opponents has never hindered him.

And Kelvin and RDA have nowhere near the same style, you're just saying that because they both are pressure fighters. But the way they get it done is completely different.

RDA is far better at cutting the cage (which is where Magny often gets stuck, see the fights he's been dropped in) and relies more on cage cutting, pressure, and kicks than Kelvin does. Kelvin's danger on the feet comes almost entirely from his boxing and his counter punching. He pressures his opponents with his jabs before he opens up.

Reach shouldn't matter here nearly as much as you think it might. Lorenz Larkins and Lombard, who both have reaches within 2 inches of RDA, had absolutely no problem closing the range early on with Magny. He doesn't use his range well, especially when he is being pressured. You only see his range utilized when he is the one pressuring.

And not to mention, Gastelum had a close right with Magny many felt he won. He had plenty of success. So I'm really confused what conclusions you're trying to draw.

Back