If Khabib beats Tony Ferguson he's the LW GOAT

Tony isn’t the champion, he’s had a really solid winning streak and his resume is awesome but you can’t be the best ever in any division without defending the title a few times. If he beats Khabib and gets a few other Ws under his belt, for sure.
He's beating top 10 guys over and over again, what difference does holding a belt make?

Also, the only reason he doesn't have the belt fight now is UFC politics.

He should have been promoted to undisputed champ when Conor was stripped, just like Robert Whittaker was when GSP vacated.

Tony beat Kevin Lee. People sleep on that guy, he is super tough.

It's the best fight in UFC history (on paper).

Whoever wins is the LW GOAT.

I disagree, Tony would be only champion now and still has to prove he's worth that first

This will be Furgusons third defense of his belt.

But in all seriousness I have to respectfully disagree... In a time where getting a title shot has no merit on accomplishments this is a wrong trail of thought to have, and even if it was the case Furguson got screwed and is already the people’s champ. He won the interim title, which was actually merited due to 2 years of inactivity of the champion so when Conor got stripped he should have become the real champ by default. Khabib / Al was just a shit show publicity stunt but really should have never have happened.

I still believe defenses matter. Until someone beats BJ's defenses they aren't LW GOAT.

This place needs it's own GOAT forum,which imo should be the wasteland.

Lol at Khabib not being LW GOAT already. He has to go on a 10 streak loss to be compared to BJ. Frankie has a much more solid case for LW GOAT, even RDA and Benson. Fergusson is just missing the actual title but he should be right below Khabib in LW GOAT contention.

The most talented for sure. I like title defenses when talking about goats. But no question he'll be the best LW we've ever seen. Or tony if he wins. Fak, I really hope that fight can happen

I have to disagree.

neither have come close to cleaning out the division.

how many fights against the top 5 does kabob have?

Tony isn’t the champion, he’s had a really solid winning streak and his resume is awesome but you can’t be the best ever in any division without defending the title a few times. If he beats Khabib and gets a few other Ws under his belt, for sure.
He got stripped for no good reason. Kevin Lee and Pettis were better wins than Al and MJ

The Conor defense edged him ahead of Tony though

That’s why this fight is so intriguing, there’s more than just the belt at stake.

Sure... But id rather see khabib take a fight that would be tough for him stylistically and skill wise sure he can wrestle all the strikers.. But that shit gets old and got old quick..

Lets see him vs kevin or brian ortega or woodley hell ragin al could get a training camp and try it again...

Sorry khabib grapple fucks tony 10/10 times..

Back