If Khabib beats Tony Ferguson he's the LW GOAT

That would give him 4 top 10 wins and he took the title from a guy outside the top 10 so no absolutely not. Tony has a better case and he's not even champ.

I would probably still say Penn. He looked more dominate then both (even Khabib) IMO

That would give him 4 top 10 wins and he took the title from a guy outside the top 10 so no absolutely not. Tony has a better case and he's not even champ.

1. RDA
2. Michael Johnson
3. Edson Barboza
4. Conor McGregor
5. Tony Ferguson

that would make 5 top 10 wins which almost as many wins Penn has in the UFC LW division (7).

He's beating top 10 guys over and over again, what difference does holding a belt make?

Also, the only reason he doesn't have the belt fight now is UFC politics.

He should have been promoted to undisputed champ when Conor was stripped, just like Robert Whittaker was when GSP vacated.

His fight vs Lee shouldn’t have been for anything.

I would say tony needs at least 2 defenses to be at top. They both have long win steaks, just khabib got the title and defended vs the face of mma. Hes slightly ahead. Every champ needs to defend to be legit.

Must be a graduate of the "Joe Rogan GOAT Recognition Course".

Sure... But id rather see khabib take a fight that would be tough for him stylistically and skill wise sure he can wrestle all the strikers.. But that shit gets old and got old quick..

Lets see him vs kevin or brian ortega or woodley hell ragin al could get a training camp and try it again...

Sorry khabib grapple fucks tony 10/10 times..

Sorry no he doesn't.

I'll just put "sorry" in front of my opinion too so it sounds more authoritative.

Tony presents problems Khabib hasn't had to deal with yet. Of course Khabib can win, his path to victory is clear. But Tony has ways to win the fight too. Saying 10/10 just makes you look like a goober. Don't be a goober.

Tony isn’t the champion, he’s had a really solid winning streak and his resume is awesome but you can’t be the best ever in any division without defending the title a few times. If he beats Khabib and gets a few other Ws under his belt, for sure.

I think that’s fair.

Does tony get past Connie?

I think that’s a real interesting matchup, that is closer than most think.

Tony has done just as much at LW as khabib unless you're biased.
I'm certainly not biased because I would actually root for Tony if he fought Khabib but Khabib has become the champ and defended against Conor. If Tony beats Khabib he would still have some defense before he can become the LW goat. and then there is still BJ...

This will be Furgusons third defense of his belt.

But in all seriousness I have to respectfully disagree... In a time where getting a title shot has no merit on accomplishments this is a wrong trail of thought to have, and even if it was the case Furguson got screwed and is already the people’s champ. He won the interim title, which was actually merited due to 2 years of inactivity of the champion so when Conor got stripped he should have become the real champ by default. Khabib / Al was just a shit show publicity stunt but really should have never have happened.
See my reaction above. He certainly deserves his shot and we'll see from there. But beating Khabib doesn't make him the goat immediately in my opinion...

I'm certainly not biased because I would actually root for Tony if he fought Khabib but Khabib has become the champ and defended against Conor. If Tony beats Khabib he would still have some defense before he can become the LW goat. and then there is still BJ...

See my reaction above. He certainly deserves his shot and we'll see from there. But beating Khabib doesn't make him the goat immediately in my opinion...
Tony became the champ too... So if he beats Khabib, who beat Conor and he'll have the longest winning streak in the history of the UFC LW division but somehow Khabib would be GOAT if he beat Tony but Tony not Khabib?

I don't follow that logic..... There will be no argument against Tony not being GOAT with a win over Khabib if Khabib could be considered LW GOAT with a win over Tony other than "I am a bitter Khabib fan".

Tony became the champ too... So if he beats Khabib, who beat Conor and he'll have the longest winning streak in the history of the UFC LW division but somehow Khabib would be GOAT if he beat Tony but Tony not Khabib?

I don't follow that logic..... There will be no argument against Tony not being GOAT with a win over Khabib if Khabib could be considered LW GOAT with a win over Tony other than "I am a bitter Khabib fan".
As I said, I'm not a Khabib fan. Tony was an interim champ, that's not really a champ. And I didn't say he's the LW goat, he's one of the few up for this title but he defended against Conor so that gives him a little plus. I really hope they make the fight, would be so nice!

As I said, I'm not a Khabib fan. Tony was an interim champ, that's not really a champ. And I didn't say he's the LW goat, he's one of the few up for this title but he defended against Conor so that gives him a little plus. I really hope they make the fight, would be so nice!
Khabib was the exact same level of champ as Tony and became the undisputed champ with his win over Conor. That is what factually happened. The UFC created their own narrative where Khabib was the official LW champ for beating Al Iaquinta....... Tony wasn't the undisputed champ for beating higher ranked Kevin Lee though.

Politics played its hand and Khabib became champ because of who he is.. That's it.

If Tony beats Khabib, he is the greatest LW ever. Essentially whoever wins out of the two is the greatest LW ever.

If he defended a few times after then he would be in contention.

Khabib was the exact same level of champ as Tony and became the undisputed champ with his win over Conor. That is what factually happened. The UFC created their own narrative where Khabib was the official LW champ for beating Al Iaquinta....... Tony wasn't the undisputed champ for beating higher ranked Kevin Lee though.

Politics played its hand and Khabib became champ because of who he is.. That's it.

If Tony beats Khabib, he is the greatest LW ever. Essentially whoever wins out of the two is the greatest LW ever.
Sorry but we won't agree on the champ topic.
As for the LW goat status, I think we'll have to await the end of the carreer of these two gentelemen. For example, what happens if Conor beats one of the two?

People will still somehow bring BJ Penn into the equation hahahaha

Back