If Khabib gets hit clean with a left hand, he might walk through it

Barboza hit Khabib real solid a few times in the fight. To me it looked like Khabib kinda expected to get hit hard and just pushed through it.

Conor has a helluva left hand though...

How do you know?

Diaz has been dropped by Guillard and Maynard and KO'd by Thomson. Khabib has never even been rocked
Well the unknown doesn't benefit Khabib here, how he reacts to getting hit is an unknown because he hasn't fought anybody that could hit him like Conor will.
Conor is a battle tested vet who has destroyed his contemporaries, Khabib has fought mostly bums who refuse to engage him..

I'll go with the tried and true product

Bro didn’t you hear Conor say that he has it on good authority from some Chechens that Dagestanis have glass jaws? And Khabib’s brother got KO’d in another promotion? This thing is wrapped up in one.
WellThereItIs.gif

Difference with Barboza is not power but accuracy. Barboza was also on his heels the entire fight and tired as fuck when he threw those kicks. McGregor is able to move in and out like no other. Conor will land and he will land more than once. Khabib will also take Conor down for sure, also more than once. The beauty of this fight is seeing how both men react to each others' best weapons.

It's not about him taking a shot, can he take 5,6,7 in short space of time, coz that's what Conor does, he overwhelms his opponents, they usually look confused when he lands his first strike, it's simply different from what they faced in the gym.

Habib didn't walk through Michael Johnson when he got hit.. he started running...
This^ it put him on his heels. When Conor tags him it won't be one at a time, he will eat two or three every time.

I mean it's not impossible, but he shouldn't try and find out

Just LOL at people saying he doesn't have a chin like Diaz though, Diaz gets knocked down pretty much every other fight

Well the unknown doesn't benefit Khabib here, how he reacts to getting hit is an unknown because he hasn't fought anybody that could hit him like Conor will.
Conor is a battle tested vet who has destroyed his contemporaries, Khabib has fought mostly bums who refuse to engage him..

I'll go with the tried and true product
Great post. I mostly agree. I agree Khabib hasn't fought the same caliber of guys as Conor. This is not in question. How he will handle Conor's timing and power is a huge question mark for fans on both sides. But, calling guys like MJ, Barboza, RDA, and Raging Al bums is a stretch though.

Last point, in terms of tried and true product, recall the Conor-Diaz 1 line was CM -400 / ND +300.

Great post. I mostly agree. I agree Khabib hasn't fought the same caliber of guys as Conor. This is not in question. How he will handle Conor's timing and power is a huge question mark for fans on both sides. But, calling guys like MJ, Barboza, RDA, and Raging Al bums is a stretch though.

Last point, in terms of tried and true product, recall the Conor-Diaz 1 line was CM -400 / ND +300.
yeah those guys are all great, but 4 of them survived to the bell. I don’t think khabib can stand 5 times with Conor without eating a left or 20..
But again the unknown may be that khabib truly does have a great chin. In that case I don’t see how Conor wins

I found it weird that Nate got knocked down a few times in his fight with bendo

No he's not a zombie like Diaz and even Diaz dropped 3 times
It's not that Conor hits all that hard, it's that he hits you when you don't see it coming and he's very accurate.

Duffy got clipped hard and took him down. So did Mendes.

Holloway ate clean shots for 3 rds.

mendes got ko'd Duffy wouldn't last 20 seconds today with Conor and Holloway was utterly dominated.. I don't see your point here

Mendes got tkod(not kod) but he ate plenty of clean shots Fromm conor in rd1.

Duffy tapped out Conor. It was a long time ago but Conor's still has traces of his weak heart- this guy folds often.

Holloway was a green FW who took Conors best shots like nothing and almost dropped him with a headkick.

Johnson didn’t even land flush and it backed khabib up and made him weary to engage for a bit. If Conor lands clean khabib will be in big trouble.

Mendes got tkod(not kod) but he ate plenty of clean shots Fromm conor in rd1.

Duffy tapped out Conor. It was a long time ago but Conor's still has traces of his weak heart- this guy folds often.

Holloway was a green FW who took Conors best shots like nothing and almost dropped him with a headkick.
This isn't true at all, you mustn't have watched the Duffy fight at all
Holloway was 22 Conor was 25 lmao get out of here bro
Don't get beheaded for publicly deep throating Khabib

No he's not a zombie like Diaz and even Diaz dropped 3 times
It's not that Conor hits all that hard, it's that he hits you when you don't see it coming and he's very accurate.
Nobody kmows because he never been hurt in a fight boi

I don't even think its a given that McGregor just needs to land clean. Khabib hasn't shown that he's packing glass, quite the opposite. He took a good shot from Johnson and a nice kick from Barbosa.

McGregor did a lot of his work against smaller fighters than khabib.

I actually think McGregor could land a clean left hand on khabibs chin and khabib will just take him down anyway.
I like Mcgregor but after rewatching the fight were "Khabib got hurt" it's kinda funny. Johnson didn't really seem to hurt Khabib. That being said Conor is a really good counter striker so if Khabib decides to close the distance by throwing sloppy shit I could see him getting caught but that's why this is a good fight

I like Mcgregor but after rewatching the fight were "Khabib got hurt" it's kinda funny. Johnson didn't really seem to hurt Khabib. That being said Conor is a really good counter striker so if Khabib decides to close the distance by throwing sloppy shit I could see him getting caught but that's why this is a good fight

Even if he gets caught it might not matter. The guy is bigger than McGregor and I think he's going to just walk through any punch and get McGregor down.

Back