If Lomachenko retired today, would he be a HOFer?

Going just by his current pro resume, he likely gets in.

i think so yeah.

I am not sure a fighter has ever fought this quality of opponent so early in his career tbh

i think so yeah.

I am not sure a fighter has ever fought this quality of opponent so early in his career tbh
I’m not sure anyone has the political power to do so and have the freedom to choose to try. Idk how he pulled it off. The entiraty of sport is shady af behind the scenes.

Benitez won the legit WBA world title while still in high school and his class mates were in the audience.

Do you feel someone like Arturo Gatti deserved to get in? If so, where would you rate his accomplishments in comparison to Lomachenkos?

Is Gatti in? That’s fine with me.
I would put Gatti in because he had many, many fights that were gifts to boxing fans. And that’s deserving to be in the hof. IMO.
Lomachenko is the much more gifted fighter.
As I read on here they take amateur records into consideration for the Hall.
So absolutely lomachenko would be in. And he is more accomplished than Gatti.

Based off being a pro. A couple of years and a dozen fights isn’t hall of fame worthy.
Not enough of a body of work professionally But that’s just my opinion.

i think so yeah.

Meh.
What fights has he had you thought he would lose, even before he entered the P4P realm? The best fighter he fought beat him and he never avenged the loss.
I mean, the guy is very talented but there is no one on his resume that will also be considered great.

Do you feel someone like Arturo Gatti deserved to get in? If so, where would you rate his accomplishments in comparison to Lomachenkos?
To be fair, its not the Hall of Accomplishment. Its the Hall of Fame. Gatti certainly deserves to be in there.

Meh.
What fights has he had you thought he would lose, even before he entered the P4P realm? The best fighter he fought beat him and he never avenged the loss.
I mean, the guy is very talented but there is no one on his resume that will also be considered great.
Hmmm do you really think salido is the best fighter hes fought?

Im actually not really a loma guy but i cant deny that most guys usually fight at least 15-20 cans and tuneuos before jumping up in levels.

Linares is pretty good
Walters was decent ( i know you dont think so)
Russell i think has proven to be at least competent if not pretty good
Marinez beat Salido so...

And rigo was small so i guess that one shouldn’t really weight to heavily

Is Gatti in? That’s fine with me.
I would put Gatti in because he had many, many fights that were gifts to boxing fans. And that’s deserving to be in the hof. IMO.
Lomachenko is the much more gifted fighter.
As I read on here they take amateur records into consideration for the Hall.
So absolutely lomachenko would be in. And he is more accomplished than Gatti.

Based off being a pro. A couple of years and a dozen fights isn’t hall of fame worthy.
Not enough of a body of work professionally But that’s just my opinion.

Yeah he got in his first year of eligibility. Iagree that Gatti deserved to get it. Accomplishments wise, I'd say Lomachenko exceeds him. But I also think Loma is a fairly popular fighter right now. I've even said before that I thought some of his popularity was unwarranted - but that's just my opinion. People like him though, and people talk about it. I guess I'd have to ask myself "If he stopped fighting today, would he still be remembered well enough in 5 years to get in?" Maybe not his first year. But I think eventually he'd get the nod.

I dont think gatti should be in

On resume alone he doesn't deserve to be. I guess it has everything to do with what one thinks the HoF should be about. If it's purely about resume, then no. If it's also about popularity, being in momentous fights, contribution to the sport, etc., then Gatti definitely should be in.

On resume alone he doesn't deserve to be. I guess it has everything to do with what one thinks the HoF should be about. If it's purely about resume, then no. If it's also about popularity, being in momentous fights, contribution to the sport, etc., then Gatti definitely should be in.
I think it should be strictly resume

Too be fair, there are a lot of guys in there that wouldn’t make it for me so i suppose at this point its fine.

Do you think Pavlik and Taylor get in?

I think it should be strictly resume

Too be fair, there are a lot of guys in there that wouldn’t make it for me so i suppose at this point its fine.

Do you think Pavlik and Taylor get in?

I'd rather have it that way, too. Still, I can see people wanting it the other way.

Meh.
but that doesn't make any sense. we don't think he'd lose because he's awesome, and so he isn't awesome?

gary russell jr is a bad motherfucker, and lomachenko took him to school. martinez is no scrub and he knocked him out. linares and walters were both top level, and rigo is ridiculously skilled. lomachenko is simply head and shoulders above the rest, but that somehow diminishes his accomplishments? come on.

and salido isn't even close to being the best guy he fought. it's also very difficult to avenge a loss when the other guy flat out refuses to fight you, and prefers to keep his job as an uber driver over a career high paycheck to get in the ring with you.

I say No! 2 short of a resume as a professional fighter

Meh.
The best fighter beat him?? What Salido, lol. Salido isn't the best fighter he's fought and it's not even close. And Salido ducked the rematch many times over. Quit trying to rewrite history.

And I'd say yes he should get into the HOF because he has accomplished so much in so little time.

The best fighter beat him?? What Salido, lol. Salido isn't the best fighter he's fought and it's not even close. And Salido ducked the rematch many times over. Quit trying to rewrite history.

And I'd say yes he should get into the HOF because he has accomplished so much in so little time.
I'd be interested to hear who you think his best opponent is. No one on his resume comes close to the experience Salido has.

Not sure what your angle is here either. Its not better to say it wasn't one of the best who beat him. Nicholas Walters isn't better than Salido. Gary Russel hasn't faced and beaten the caliber of opponent Salido has.

Who do you think is better than Salido?

I'd be interested to hear who you think his best opponent is. No one on his resume comes close to the experience Salido has.

Not sure what your angle is here either. Its not better to say it wasn't one of the best who beat him. Nicholas Walters isn't better than Salido. Gary Russel hasn't faced and beaten the caliber of opponent Salido has.

Who do you think is better than Salido?
Linares and Rigondeaux were better than Salido. In fact you can add Martinez to that since he beat Salido. My angle is Salido beat him by getting away with absolute murder and I don't count it as a legit win. 100 plus low blows is not a legit win.

Loma is my favourite fighter at the minute

But if he retired today it's still too early for him to be a HOFer

He will be though

Linares and Rigondeaux were better than Salido. In fact you can add Martinez to that since he beat Salido. My angle is Salido beat him by getting away with absolute murder and I don't count it as a legit win. 100 plus low blows is not a legit win.
Well, if we discount the fact that Rigondeaux moved up two weight classes, sure. I tend to site Floyd/Marquez, Golovkin/Brook and Canelo/Khan to point out the validity of that win. If people want to flip flop because its Lomachenko, then those are great wins too.

Linares is not a better win than Salido, IMO.Salido beat the man in his division. Linares never did that. Linares also get wrecked by Lomachenko. Salido beat him.

Back