If Maia goes on another win streak, would they give him a title shot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Maybe against a striker like Thompson and Cerrone.
But i would say no to a wrestler with decent hands

dude's not smelling another titleshot again unless he's a last-minute replacement in a very unique situation.

he turned 2 main event title fights into stinkers.

huge liability and risk for UFC.

i fucking hope not. Far as im concerned he can go do BJJ tournaments instead and I'll never miss him.

After the last debacle it would need to be a very imposing streak indeed, so impressive that it shames the company into granting it, and at age 39 he just might not have the time left to assemble it.

dude's not smelling another titleshot again unless he's a last-minute replacement in a very unique situation.

So Anderson refused to engage, Woodley ran away the whole fight and it's somehow Maia's fault ?

He's a pretty average fighter to be honest.

He wasn't even competitive against Woodley..

if he gets another 4-5 wins against top competition, sure he might get a titleshot with a short preparation camp or as a late replacement

He's a pretty average fighter to be honest.

He wasn't even competitive against Woodley..

LOL. Average fighters don't have wins over Carlos Condit, Jon Fitch, Neil Magny, Gunnar Nelson, Rick Story, Dong Hyun Kim, Jorge Masvidal.

giphy.gif

Nah. More like between Woodley and Silva they turned 4 different title fights into stinkers.

if he gets another 4-5 wins against top competition, sure he might get a titleshot with a short preparation camp or as a late replacement

So close to the same conditions he got his last title shot on?

I honestly think he's getting cut if Colby beats him.

The POSs didn't want to give him a title shot in his first streak, forced him into the fight on 7 weeks notice.

F the ufc.

Both his title shots were shockingly awful fights. I think he'd have to put a monster of a streak together to get another shot, and he definitely will never get one against Tyron again.

They're going to make him win 10 fights in a row with all finishes before they give him another title shot

I wish...he's getting old and the competition is real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back