If Maia goes on another win streak, would they give him a title shot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
They should but I can't really see it unless Woodley isn't the champ. That fight was rough. I could see him having an exciting fight against anyone at WW except Woodley.

I not so secretly hope Khabib has to move up to WW and they match them up. Wet dream fight for me.

He is not getting younger. Hats off to his amazing career though.

Simple answer. No.

Can you remember his last performance in a title fight?

These guys are not in the business of boring fights, they are doing anything in their power to pay off that 4.2 billion dollar debt.

They should bring back Nate Marquart specifically to defuse his next win streak22E2BDC1-AE83-44FE-B637-434E9F78BA96.jpeg

LOL. Average fighters don't have wins over Carlos Condit, Jon Fitch, Neil Magny, Gunnar Nelson, Rick Story, Dong Hyun Kim, Jorge Masvidal.

Hope you're really not this stupid

He has some good wins but he couldn't bang with Woodley and he couldn't take him down. So he practically had the same chance of us Sherdoggers of beating Woodley, Zero %.

Unless he starts knocking people out, no. He can't fight if he can't take someone down.

Somewhere in his early to mid 40's. Meaning it won't happen.

The issue is regardless of who you blame for it he's had two of the least popular title challenges in MMA history. I'm a weirdo and enjoyed both fights though so I don't really think my opinion counts for much.

It took a long time to get the last one and he didn't shine in it......and I'm a fan of his!

He'll prob get another (because he'll stay up there in the rankings) but as a late replacement

Nah. More like between Woodley and Silva they turned 4 different title fights into stinkers.

More than 4. Woodles has the 2 Wonderboy and Maia. Anderson has Chael 1, Okami, Patrick Cote, Maia, and Thales Leties.

So at least 8 imo.

Yeah as long as it's not Woodley. If Thompson or dos anjos get it, or if Robbie takes it back they will. That last fight wasn't really Maia's fault. Woodley just ran away with his back to the cage while Maia was trying

He has some good wins but he couldn't bang with Woodley and he couldn't take him down. So he practically had the same chance of us Sherdoggers of beating Woodley, Zero %.
That makes it stylistically a really bad matchup but that doesn't make him an "average fighter" overall. It's a ridiculous statement if you look at all his fights and look at who he's fought and the way he's beaten them, definitely not "average".

Not while Woodleys champ at least. A few big subs and a new champ though I think so

You should look into following other sports.

Back