If Max beats the two fighters he lost to

TimeToTrain

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He should be considered on the same status level as GSP.

Just like how GSP avenged his losses against Hughes and Serra, only thing GSP will have more than Max are title defenses. Ok another advantage GSP has is almost never losing any rounds.

Despite those differences, Holloway finishes lots of his fights. GSP is one of my all time faves, just making a statement that Max will deserve that elite status if he avenged his two losses in the UFC.

InB4 Max has lost three times...

stop. GSP had like 9 title defenses or something

He's lost 3 times bro.

edit: I wasn't in before teh inb4

<26> Let's just take two or three losses off of everyone's record and then fantasize about their now phony greatness.

It would be a great step into getting into the ATG conversation. He could definitely obtain fights with Poirier and McGregor, and I would favor him in both fights.

But the odds of him getting to fight Bermudez again are slim to none. Not that he even needs to, fight was a robbery anyway, but it has virtually no chance of happening. Max is sitting on the throne with a crown on, while Bermudez has fallen off a cliff recently.

But, yeah. Max probably whoops Poirier's ass, and smacks Conor around at this point.

GSP would destroy max in the same weight class.

Max is definitely one of the best featherweights of all time but we need to calm down a little bit with the "goat" stuff.
If he keeps fighting and keeps winning decisively I'd maybe put him in that level of talent

Hmmmmm

View attachment 486159

Would Max do better than GSP?

BJ would show Max who is the real King of the Hawaii.

31_UFC118_Penn.jpg

Max is definitely one of the best featherweights of all time but we need to calm down a little bit with the "goat" stuff.
If he keeps fighting and keeps winning decisively I'd maybe put him in that level of talent

stfu you never even seen Max fight before Ortega.

lmfao

gtfo noob

People care way too much about title defenses. How many title defenses you have doesn't automatically determine your GOAT status. For example Silva fought for the belt in his second UFC fight meanwhile Max had to win 10 in a row. Max is just 3 wins away from tying the longest UFC win streak and he has wins over Cub, Oliveira, Stephens, Lamas, Ortega, Pettis and Aldo x2. If he goes up to 155 and beats Conor and Khabib he'll be the GOAT imo.

People care way too much about title defenses. How many title defenses you have doesn't automatically determine your GOAT status. For example Silva fought for the belt in his second UFC fight meanwhile Max had to win 10 in a row. Max is just 3 wins away from tying the longest UFC win streak and he has wins over Cub, Oliveira, Stephens, Lamas, Ortega, Pettis and Aldo x2. If he goes up to 155 and beats Conor and Khabib he'll be the GOAT imo.
That’s a pretty strong argument for sure.

Back