If Roy Jones Jr. (27-30) moved to MMA/UFC how far would he go?

Cro cop seem to beat the tests pretty easy.

2007 picture after the Eddie Sanchez fight more to do with Pride vs UFC than liking CroCop and I've never changed it.
Do all your posts make you seem like a pussy?

prime RJJ with ground game would be like anderson silva.

With no wrestling or grappling he'd get destroyed by an average MMA fighter.
2vw8qph.jpg

Its all on paper, but very unlikely he wouldnt be able to do that.

Well he has a fighters mentality, one in a generation athleticism and the right body type. I would be shocked if he was not great

With some hard work and stick-to it-ivness, I think that he would make a fine mama fighter. Pull himself by the boot straps, some elbow grease, following his dreams, following his heart, having a good support system. the love and support of his family, he might have just done it man....he might have just done it....hypotheticals suck and so does this post. I just thought you should know and feel that. Wasteland please and thank you

No way to know.

Here's what I do know, though:

Roy's 49-1 run (with the only loss being a DQ) was infinitely more impressive than Floyd's 50-0 run. People ranking Floyd above Jones based on things that happened after his first 50 fights are a little delusional, IMO.

No way to know.

Roy's 49-1 run (with the only loss being a DQ) was infinitely more impressive than Floyd's 50-0 run. People ranking Floyd above Jones based on things that happened after his first 50 fights are a little delusional, IMO.

Floyd has the by far better resume even if you make the cut off after 50 fights.

I'm very confident that he'd have been one of the greats, there's no ceiling on what he could've accomplished imo.

No way to know.

well thats true, but very unlikely. i am a big stipe fan, but I never thought he could be a champion before.

Boxing (its wrestling or boxing) has the most useful carry over to MMA. I think his athleticism alone would take him far ... even without a mma camp, but there a still bad matchups ... anyway - that wasnt my question.

With some hard work and stick-to it-ivness, I think that he would make a fine mama fighter. Pull himself by the boot straps, some elbow grease, following his dreams, following his heart, having a good support system. the love and support of his family, he might have just done it man....he might have just done it....hypotheticals suck and so does this post. I just thought you should know and feel that. Wasteland please and thank you
<bball1>

No rapper could be successful in MMA.
<JagsKiddingMe>
conor mcgregor was/is successful

Last edited:
Roy was 27-30 back in 1996-1999. I think UFC was still being shown on VHS back then and people were fighting with sneakers and in their pajamas. Roy would’ve become champ in every division in as many fights.

2007 picture after the Eddie Sanchez fight more to do with Pride vs UFC than liking CroCop and I've never changed it.
Do all your posts make you seem like a pussy?
O look it's one of those pride never die :eek::eek::eek:s.

{<jordan}

So I was fight you are a pussy, it's a bit weird for a cat lady to be homophobic too though but whatever.
You are having the biggest cry over me pointing out how easy beating mma testing was back then.

Honestly dude don't get so upset. It's OK.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by dissing your hero.

He’d get to 0-2 and wouldn’t be given another fight

Its prime RJJ. He could be 0-10 and he would still get fights. ANd no fight promoter is dumb enough to let a cash cow like RJJ face fighters that would make him go 0-2

You are having the biggest cry over me pointing out how easy beating mma testing was back then.

Honestly dude don't get so upset. It's OK.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by dissing your hero.

I've had this same conversation with a Machida fanboi before about the exactly same thing. A 2007 image of Cro Cop means I liked a 2007 image of Cro Cop in 2007 and that's about it but if you want to infer something else then that's all in your head. It's entirely possible to have an av that you thought was amusing at the time and to still be against all drug cheats. It's really not a tricky concept.

Pointing out you're wrong is just that, why would anyone be upset about correcting an idiot?

Back