If Roy Jones Jr. (27-30) moved to MMA/UFC how far would he go?

I've had this same conversation with a Machida fanboi before about the exactly same thing. A 2007 image of Cro Cop means I liked a 2007 image of Cro Cop in 2007 and that's about it but if you want to infer something else then that's all in your head. It's entirely possible to have an av that you thought was amusing at the time and to still be against all drug cheats. It's really not a tricky concept.

Pointing out you're wrong is just that, why would anyone be upset about correcting an idiot?
Still crying.

Wow just let it go.

Floyd has the by far better resume even if you make the cut off after 50 fights.

No. Not if you really look at when they fought who they fought and how they won.

Beat a young, hungry Hopkins stopping a 22 fight win streak (and then Hopkins went 24-0-2 after). Made 44-0-2 Toney look like an amateur. Beat Griffin at 27-0. Beat Gonzalez at 27-0 (and Gonzalez was legit). Took HW belt from Ruiz who, while not being the best HW champ ever, was a legit HW with wins over Holyfield, Rahman, and Golota.

Don't let wins on Floyd's terms over washed up versions of guys like de la Hoya fool you.

Still crying.

Wow just let it go.

Educating.
Do you think teachers cry every day at school.

You're the one who started replying to me and who keeps doing it so if you want to let it go feel free or not, I'm fine either way.

The real question is how would he of done against Tarver had he never moved up to heavyweight in the sport of Boxing. I don't give a shit how one of the best boxers of all time would do in MMA hahaha.

Educating.
Do you think teachers cry every day at school.

You're the one who started replying to me and who keeps doing it so if you want to let it go feel free or not, I'm fine either way.
Im actually having fun and wasting some time.

My whole point was with how tests were to beat back.

Juiced or not how do you expect Jones to go with a few months training different aspects?

Im actually having fun and wasting some time.

My whole point was with how tests were to beat back.

Juiced or not how do you expect Jones to go with a few months training different aspects?

Well why else is anyone here.

Well he failed a test and didn't beat it but avoided a ban as the AC was a joke where he was tested. My dislike of Jones comes more from liking Benn, Watson, Calzaghe, Collins and even Eubank and calling him 'Roid' while he was ''ducking' them was pretty common. Whether he was ducking them or they were ducking him is debatable but if you can see my av you can also see where I'm from so the reason I chose the side I did should be obvious.

The thread is ridiculous which is why I gave a ridiculous answer. Jones would have done nothing if he moved to MMA at the age of 27-30, it's the same for him as it would be for any other top boxer.

No way to know.

Here's what I do know, though:

Roy's 49-1 run (with the only loss being a DQ) was infinitely more impressive than Floyd's 50-0 run. People ranking Floyd above Jones based on things that happened after his first 50 fights are a little delusional, IMO.

very true. RJJ had some great highlight/knock out reels and overall a more entertaining boxer. floyd was a strict pugalist and didnt care to entertain.

more so than a technician like Mayweather where his greatest strengths (footwork, glove defense) would be completely useless in the Octagon.

Footwork is REALLY important. Also Floyds greatest strength is NOT glove defense lol. I doubt you watch much Boxing, but Floyd is always switching up his defense to confuse his opponent. His head movement is some of the greatest ever

very true. RJJ had some great highlight/knock out reels and overall a more entertaining boxer. floyd was a strict pugalist and didnt care to entertain.

Floyd had some VERY fan friendly fights before he got older and became money Mayweather

Floyd had some VERY fan friendly fights before he got older and became money Mayweather

true. boxing purist appreciate floyd's style but the common spectator doesnt get it. floyd gave up the entertainment ascpects of his fights to be a better tactician; all of the show boating is before the fight.

it doesnt compare to the blatant showboating of RJJ. he was great at showing off in and out of the ring

true. boxing purist appreciate floyd's style but the common spectator doesnt get it. floyd gave up the entertainment ascpects of his fights to be a better tactician; all of the show boating is before the fight.

it doesnt compare to the blatant showboating of RJJ. he was great at showing off in and out of the ring

Well he adjusted when he started slowing down. Its something RJJ failed to do. 99% of people have never seen a young Pretty Boy Floyd and how entertaining he could be. Most only saw the older, slower (although still crazy fast) Money Mayweather, who was more cautious in the ring. If he didn't fight safer when he started losing his athleticism, we may have seen his career end in a string of losses like other great Boxers

Back