If Rumble comes back at Heavyweight, how would he fare against the top 10?

Francis has chin and heart, rumble has chin but not the heart.

I'm unsure what Francis has to do with Rumble and Glover's fight from 2016, but okay, cool?

Top 10 for sure.. top 5 maybe.

But I think USADA would kill off season HW Rumble. The guy has been taking some serious vitamins lately.

Shame we never got to see Rumble versus Overeem. Hunt vs Rumble could be the shit. Werdum vs Rumble would be interesting too.

Last edited:
Especially in his case - " styles make fights" so if he comes in paramount shape and after Ngannou puts b.beast in his place - that would be one fight that would an absolute must see ( as long as rumble comes in heavy enough)

USADA by KO, he will need a year to clear his system

Before even facing any good competition he would get knocked out by usada

I wasn't impressed by him when he fought Arlovski

Followed by

Arlovski is not even in the top 11, and Rumble is one of the few guys who beat him but didn't finish him (when Arlovski was younger and better than he is now). If anything, it shows Rumble's power did not translate to HW as well.

Loses to Stipe, Blaydes, Francis, Overeem, JDS...

A guy with dreadful cardio kept up with cardio machine Phil Davis and beat him comfortably on the scorecards? It's not even like that fight was anything like the tortoise-paced HW gasfests we see regularly, even between ranked fighters. If you actually knew anything about MMA, you'd understand that Rumble's fighting spirit, or "heart" is his problem, not cardio.
Hahaha jesus christ fighting spirit, this is some bro science shit right here, the spirit is the first thing to go once you haven't the cardio to defend yourself you fool.

Tend to agree with TS, aside from Stipe and Blaydes who I think have styles to beat him, I think he has the tools to beat the rest of the crowd. HW really sucks to be honest, but, Rumble hits really hard, is fast, and is probably more well rounded than a large portion of that division.

Hahaha jesus christ fighting spirit, this is some bro science shit right here, the spirit is the first thing to go once you haven't the cardio to defend yourself you fool.

Nah he’s right, Rumble tends to crumble when he’s not in control of the fight. If he is, he can fight for days.

Alistair used to suffer from the same issue earlier in his career. People thought it was a cardio issue when it was always just that he quit anytime the going got tough. Vitor is ironically the same.

The HW division aint that deep so Rumble would fit into that top 10 quite nicely. Maybe even top 5. He has a shot at winning vs all of them.

First of all he's obviously on some juice, so USADA would stop him. But let's leave that out of the debate. Assuming it's all 5 rounds fights (important):

C: Stipe Miocic - Miocic by TKO on championship rounds
#1: Francis Ngannou - Ngannou by KO early on
#2: Curtis Blaydes - Blaydes by RNC on championship rounds
#3: Alexander Volkov - Volkov by TKO on championship rounds
#4: Alistair Overeem - Rumble by KO
#5: Derrick Lewis - Rumble by TKO
#6: Mark Hunt - Rumble by TKO
#7: Junior dos Santos - who the fuck knows where JDS stands right now but i would go with Rumble by KO
#8: Marcin Tybura - Rumble by KO
#9: Tai Tuivasa - Rumble by TKO
#10: Aleksei Oleinik - interesting fight, old man Oleinik by submission early on

Beats 6/11, not bad.

he'd crumble anytime it didnt go his way... imo he gave DC that 2nd fight...

I don't feel like he is someone that likes to be hit so might have some success but also have a few unexpected losses where his heart leaves the octagon before he does

Back