If Society was organized exactly how the bible says, would you want to be apart of it?

Your myths say we are created in God's image.....

Pre fall. Jesus..............
And like that you have been utterly dismantled. You have nothing. And what's even scarier is if you don't remove you're head from you're ass you'll be standing before the Living God with no defense. Wow.

Fake sentience. As he was not fully aware of his own circumstances before he ate the fruit. It was false, not complete. At facsimile of sentience. He didn't gain full sentience till after the fall.

One can make programs that are capable of demonstrating something akin to free choice. Play any of the latest Sandbox games and watch as npcs act independently of you, going about their life all thanks to clever programing. No matter how you slice it, he didnt gain true, human sentience till his fall.

You still have not proven how you can have full free will, full sentience and not have sin. Common sense dictates that free will would have to be modified and controlled in order to end sin.
He had a choice to either obey or not. Knowing that outcomes of both. Hence knowing disobedience or knowing fidelity.

It could be said or argued he gained nothing from the tree accept the act of actually committing sin. Doing wrong, knowing it was wrong.

He had a choice to either obey or not. Knowing that outcomes of both. Hence knowing disobedience or knowing fidelity.

It could be said or argued he gained nothing from the tree accept the act of actually committing sin. Doing wrong, knowing it was wrong.
His immediate reaction says otherwise. As a Christian these thoughts are not ones i relish, but i can't help it. The more i go back and read the first book, the more i can not help but see that humanity was held in slavery. Birds in a cage. A gilded cage. Sin is born from desire, desire from free will, you can not have no sin with out removing free will.

I have not argued even once in this thread that the "Jesus of Faith" is a matter of scholarly consensus. I do not argue that. On the other hand you DID argue that "The Jesus of History" did not exist. You stated that directly. I believe you LIE about that intentionally because you are educated enough to know that what you state is wrong. That makes it a LIE.

In answer to your other question. I NEVER argue for the Jesus of faith with anyone. Ever.

All I have asked, this entire time, is for you to provide any sort of contemporary proof of Jesus. That's it. It's quite simple.

All I have asked, this entire time, is for you to provide any sort of contemporary proof of Jesus. That's it. It's quite simple.

Actually all you have done this entire time is try to weasel out of the direct lie you told about "The Historical Jesus" and save face but it hasn't worked. Indeed you have just ensured that the lie you told is pasted over and over on many pages of this thread.

I know you know.

Actually all you have done this entire time is try to weasel out of the direct lie you told about "The Historical Jesus" and save face but it hasn't worked. Indeed you have just ensured that the lie you told is pasted over and over on many pages of this thread.

I know you know.

You are perfectly free to provide evidence of any kind to support your claim. You are also free to learn what the phrase quite likely means, as well.

His immediate reaction says otherwise. As a Christian these thoughts are not ones i relish, but i can't help it. The more i go back and read the first book, the more i can not help but see that humanity was held in slavery. Birds in a cage. A gilded cage. Sin is born from desire, desire from free will, you can not have no sin with out removing free will.

How can one have free will when their creator knows every choice they will make in advance?

How can one have free will when their creator knows every choice they will make in advance?
He can know, but weather he chooses to interceed is the question there. My thing is that, if you go by genesis, then clearly Adam was not sentient, nor did he poses full free will, and it is absurd to say he was proficient in anything other then pulling weeds..
It just looks like we were made to be squishy robots, bobble headed yes men who were made solely to worship their creator with no question asked.. No free will. Then some poor bastard gave them real intelligence and opened their eyes to world. Their creator has hated them ever since.

He can know, but weather he chooses to interceed is the question there. My thing is that, if you go by genesis, then clearly Adam was not sentient, nor did he poses full free will, and it is absurd to say he was proficient in anything other then pulling weeds..
It just looks like we were made to be squishy robots, bobble headed yes men who were made solely to worship their creator with no question asked.. No free will. Then some poor bastard gave them real intelligence and opened their eyes to world. Their creator has hated them ever since.

But he knew everything from the beginning of time, no? He cant know everything that will ever happen, AND have the ability to diverge from this vision. God already has everything from the beginning to the end of time, we are simply automotons, fulfilling the actions he knew we would take.

"Not only is Jesus not a historical figure."

Well, more petulance. All I ever wanted was for you to provide any evidence, of any kind, that attests to his existence. Until anyone does that, his place in history is hazy. Scholars agree on him existing, yet, there is no proof of this.

If you have nothing to provide, asides petulance, there is no reason to reply to this.

Well, more petulance. All I ever wanted was for you to provide any evidence, of any kind, that attests to his existence. Until anyone does that, his place in history is hazy. Scholars agree on him existing, yet, there is no proof of this.

If you have nothing to provide, asides petulance, there is no reason to reply to this.

You have impressed me with this exchange . Not with the content but with the sheer veracity. If you can apply half this energy towards a constructive pursuit you will go far.

You have impressed me with this exchange . Not with the content but with the sheer veracity. If you can apply half this energy towards a constructive pursuit you will go far.

I take this as a clear concession that you have no proof to support your claim.

Damn man.... Really? I meant that as a friendly end to our exchange....

Considering I asked you to provide any sort of proof to prove your assertion, and you gave complaint and insult, yes, I indeed take it as a concession.

Would you want to be a part of it?

would it be a utopia?

what's your ideal society?

Is it free from religion? if so what's one's moral compass?

What do you teach children in a godless society?

I think if Marriage was between 1 man and 1 woman (as much as I love pussy). You wouldn't have so much divorce. When the family Unit is destroyed societys, don't have a base to build safe, functioning....societies upon.

What if People as the norm by norm i mean 99.99% treated thy neighbor as they would want to be treated.

No dating before marriage, so marriage would have to be at an early age I'm thinking 14 for a girl wed to a 16-18 yo man.

I then think most of society's ills would not exists

as much as I love guns...if we treated each other like we wanted to be treated... would there really ever arise a situation where you'd need to shoot someone?

thoughts.
No. Religion rots the brain. It’s a crutch for the weak minded.

Back