If Thailand is the land of smiles...

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Then why is it that every time I go into an authentic Thai restaurant no one is smiling or friendly? Seems more like Chinese culture and matter of fact business-y to me.

They aren’t exactly rude but there are no smiles to be seen ever

I love panang curry with sticky rice

Then why is it that every time I go into an authentic Thai restaurant no one is smiling or friendly? Seems more like Chinese culture and matter of fact business-y to me.

Because they smile to hide their real emotions which is that they think the farang (foreigners/non-thais) are cunts.

Honestly a large % of restaurants that call themselves Thai are not actually Thai. Just rando Asians who know there’s an appetite for Thai food and they put a couple Thai dishes on the menu and throw some extra chilis in some curry dishes.

Thai people are exceptionally nice.

A lot of Thai places in Murka are indeed run by chinese. In fact, many Japanese sushi are also run by chinese.

The chinese have culturally appropriated other cultures cuisines, but no one does it to them, but their cuisine is one of the easiest copy.

A lot of Thai places in Murka are indeed run by chinese. In fact, many Japanese sushi are also run by chinese.

The chinese have culturally appropriated other cultures cuisines, but no one does it to them, but their cuisine is one of the easiest copy.

In So Cal it’s Koreans. Every Sushi or Japanese spot is run by Koreans.

Because they are not in the LOS so they have nothing to smile about......ting tong boy.

Real Phanaeng curry is very good.........

As for Chinese food, they pretty much serve us crap bastardised versions of dishes from their country and even dishes that don't exist in China, China is a big place and they have a huge variety of regional differences in cuisine, pretty much like America........

As for you @biscuitsbrah, you better hope the great warrior monk Payak does not pay you a visit........

They miss the land of smiles.. Thats why

33.333% recurring of Thai's that leave LOS die of sadness, within one year, please give generously to my charity, "Save A Thai"............. because Thai's aren't just for delicious food and Muay Thai.......

Tell me about it..........off their faces on Yaba........at full moon parties...........
I have never been to Thailand. But every dickhead was going a few years back. I would never go now after the reputation the Aussies have gained. Also I prefer Caucasian strippers even though they are expensive.

I have never been to Thailand. But every dickhead was going a few years back. I would never go now after the reputation the Aussies have gained. Also I prefer Caucasian strippers even though they are expensive.

Don't let that stop you, initially they will assume by your accent but they will change when they get to know you........it's a bit like when they hear my English accent, they hide their 10 year old daughter..........

My ex local Thai restaurant was run and staffed by Thais and they were the smiliest most polite people you could ever wish to meet. BUT what pissed me off is that they would never put more chillis in my food despite repeated requests. They had toned down their dishes for more delicate western palates and were obviously scared of making their dishes hotter. But they always smiled at me when I made my request and then just promptly ignored it.

Because they are not in the LOS so they have nothing to smile about......ting tong boy.

Real Phanaeng curry is very good.........

As for Chinese food, they pretty much serve us crap bastardised versions of dishes from their country and even dishes that don't exist in China, China is a big place and they have a huge variety of regional differences in cuisine, pretty much like America........

As for you @biscuitsbrah, you better hope the great warrior monk Payak does not pay you a visit........
But they now live in motherfuckin hawaii! (Where everyone is nice too)
I am sure they are 100% thai too. Not sure if the food is authentic but we have a lot of Thai food run by Thais here

My ex local Thai restaurant was run and staffed by Thais and they were the smiliest most polite people you could ever wish to meet. BUT what pissed me off is that they would never put more chillis in my food despite repeated requests. They had toned down their dishes for more delicate western palates and were obviously scared of making their dishes hotter. But they always smiled at me when I made my request and then just promptly ignored it.

They didn't want you unhappy, Farang don't eat chili.......<45>

But they now live in motherfuckin hawaii! (Where everyone is nice too)
I am sure they are 100% thai too. Not sure if the food is authentic but we have a lot of Thai food run by Thais here

It's not Thailand is it, have you even been to LOS......Have you done Songkran, could you get a giant water gun filled with ice water and squirt strangers in the face in Hawaii?

Thai's are just genetic experiments made by the government to one day bring us down to our knees. Think of it, they grown stronger, they grow smarter, they become more dangerous each time they evolve. It's like they have become monsters now.

SE asians are different than the "rest" of the other asians.

I think teakdoor forum can give you a good insight to what thailand is actually like without visiting.

Thailands economy is largely based on tourism, they way they have things setup is designed for foreigners to come for a short amount of time, blow lots of cash, leave (go home to make more $$) and come again.

Back