If things go south will McGregors corner throw in the towel ?

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
They seemed perfectly happy to throw him back in when tiny mayweather was pinballing him around the boxing ring.

s5h9d2ljpw2deb8zg.jpg

Conor will run to his corner and throw it in himself

MadeupBadAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif
MMA corners almost never throw in the towel. Even when they should. In boxing it is more common because people have literally lost their lives when they didn’t have too. Not just Apollo Creed. Real people.

MMA is a young sport. When someone dies in a high profile fight corners will throw in the towel more.

Last edited:
Al went five rounds and Serra didn't throw in a towel.

Can't imagine it'll be any different for Conor

If hes taking a Barboza like beatdown for over 3 straight rounds theyd be dumb not too

What are you talking about? Conor won the Mayweather fight: 49-1.

You will personally see Dana White throw in the towel for Conor.

They’d thrown in a bottle of Guinness before they threw in the towel

Will be just like when Nick threw in the towel for little bro against Josh Thompson

No need for that Conor will tapout long before the laundry comes in...
tenor.gif

<FookIsThatGuy>

Last edited:
I was sure you couldnt throw in the towel in mma. Hopefully they will go to the death, georges

I hope for his sake they do if it's needed. Ain't nothing wrong with saving somebody from taking unnecessary damage.

Doubt they will though.

The way McG panic tapped with Diaz on top of him, and this is a serious question, how do you expect him to act under the smothering pressure that Khabib is going to bear on him?

Some people do not like being on bottom, as it can be very intimidating and frightening for some, especially people who might be a little claustrophobic. McG has done nothing, that to me, indicates he is any different. Don't remember the guys name, but he was a black dude on TUF with a 'fro believe his name might have been Jaime something, he got put on his back and panicked very quickly. He was very talented on his feet, and in fact his TDD was really good, but now we know why, he was terrified of being controlled on the bottom.

I don't think Conor is that bad, but he clearly does not like being in that position. I believe he felt somewhat comfortable with Chad in his guard, but when Khabib gets side control, or even worse full mount, Conor will absolutely panic, mark my words on that. Unless Conor starches Khabib in the very early moments of the fight, that is precisely where he is going to end up. It will be no different than Barboza, if he doesn't close it out early. While it is clearly possible, as Conor has the ability to do that, personally I do not see it happening, and I foretell another Barboza sort of outing for Khabib. However, to answer your question, I do not see Conor giving his corner the chance to throw in the towel, he will take care of that for them, by giving up his neck like he did to Nate.

The way McG panic tapped with Diaz on top of him, and this is a serious question, how do you expect him to act under the smothering pressure that Khabib is going to bear on him? Some people do not like being on bottom, as it can be very intimidating and frightening for some, especially people who might be a little claustrophobic. McG has done nothing, that to me, indicates he is any different. Don't remember the guys name, but he was a black dude on TUF with a 'fro believe his name might have been Jaime something, he got put on his back and panicked very quickly. He was very talented on his feet, and in fact his TDD was really good, but now we know why, he was terrified of being controlled on the bottom. I don't think Conor is that bad, but he clearly does not like being in that position. I believe he felt somewhat comfortable with Chad in his guard, but when Khabib gets side control, or even worse full mount, Conor will absolutely panic, mark my words on that. Unless Conor starches Khabib in the very early moments of the fight, that is precisely where he is going to end up. It will be no different than Barboza, if he doesn't close it out early. While it is clearly possible, as Conor has the ability to do that, personally I do not see it happening, and I foretell another Barboza sort of outing for Khabib. However, to answer your question, I do not see Conor giving his corner the chance to throw in the towel, he will take care of that for them, by giving up his neck like he did to Nate.

giphy.gif

LOL Perhaps some spacing will help. Not sure what the hell is going on with SD lately, but my posts text lags behind my actual keystrokes by like 10-15 secs anymore, and a lot of keystrokes don't even register.

no, connor will panicwrestle into getting subbed

shoop material will be generated

Back