If Weidman retired tomorrow, what would be his legacy?

Kassitus

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He beat Andy twice, once before USADA via leg destruction. Defended against Machida and Belfort. Then goes on to get massacred by Rocksalt. Tried to bend the rules against Moose and got punished for it. Never tested positive but did have unusual T:E ratios when USADA was first coming into effect (not an accusation, just trivia).

How would he be remembered among the other middleweights? The best ever? The guy with the funny dad? Something else?

Solid fighter and seems like a good guy in general, but definitely somewhat overrated in terms of skill, and owned by USADA like so many others.

Either way, happy for him. He's doing what he loves, and making a killing in the process. Family is set for life, and dude is living his dream which is more than can be said for most people.

Last edited:
His father screaming "STILL MAI BOI"
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Coming up with "the eggplant will salute other pigeons"

Last edited:
Gegard Mousasi made Weidman quit.

The guy who knocked Silva out cold then broke his leg forcing him to take roids to recover which lead to him getting busted twice losing his GOAT status.

Basically a GOAT killer.

A guy that bragged about beating silva twice when he never actually got a clean win against him and then absolutely collapsed under usada.

great fighter and one of the best 185ers ever.

The guy who knocked Silva out cold then broke his leg forcing him to take roids to recover which lead to him getting busted twice losing his GOAT status.

Basically a GOAT killer.
"Forcing him to take roids to recover" lol.

He beat Andy twice, once before USADA via leg destruction. Defended against Machida and Belfort. Then goes on to get massacred by Rocksalt. Tried to bend the rules against Moose and got punished for it. Never tested positive but did have unusual T:E ratios when USADA was first coming into effect (not an accusation, just trivia).

How would he be remembered among the other middleweights? The best ever? The guy with the funny dad? Something else?

20131228_jla_aj4_533.0.jpg

I legacy what I did there...

>Beat up washed up fighters out of their prime in Silva, Machida, and Belfort.

>Went on a 3 fight losing streak(in which he was finished all 3 times) as soon as he fought top middleweights still in their prime.

>Had to break his losing streak against a welterweight who nearly finished him and was forced to take him down and use his size advantage to win.

Not to mention he tried getting Gegard Mousasi DQ'd by acting like he couldn't continue up until the knees were announced legal and he hopped up and was fine all of a sudden.

<36>

I always felt he was overrated. Sorry and I know I will get flaming hamsters up the ass for saying that but he beat some decent guys, beat Silva the clown, then in the rematch beat Silva via leg kick check...or (Silva broke his own leg) so I personally havent seen a seriously fought fight yet between Chris and Anderson. Chris BEST shining moment was beating Lyoto Machida who started to fade out losing quite a bit to guys he should have beaten on paper.

His legacy is forever cemented for brutally KO'ing the fraud Anderson Silva

Solid, former champion, beat Silva to get the belt.

A good champion, forever defined by his dethroning of Silva, with a very good run and series of wins. Ultimately, not one of the absolute greats, because he failed to secure a dominant defense run, but still a top tier guy.

Back