If Weidman retired tomorrow, what would be his legacy?

I disagree. It was impressive as hell when Anderson successfully clowned...
jpuh7c_jpg.gif

0082_c5kz3.gif

xpnic3_jpg.gif

Equally impressive when someone capitalized and put him to sleep. You can't have it both ways.
Why would it be equally impressive? It's not impressive to ko a guy with no defense. It is pretty impressive to abandon all forms of defense and still make people look like fools like silva did

Damn. You're dumb as fuck.

Go back and watch the fight and stop listening to Joe Rogan. Silva got the fuck beat out of him on the ground. Bad. He knew after that Weidman was no pillow fisted Chael Sonnen. He got his eyes rolled back in his head with that GnP at least once. Dude got hurt and he knew he couldn't afford to be underneath Weidman on the ground again. So, he did what he could do. He doubled down on his clowning antics to try to entice Weidman to exchange with him. Well, Weidman did. It just didn't work out as he intended.
lol, a skillful combo? You mean like somewhat nervously throwing a slow 1-2 and then a slow hook? That's real complicated

>Beat up washed up fighters out of their prime in Silva, Machida, and Belfort.

>Went on a 3 fight losing streak(in which he was finished all 3 times) as soon as he fought top middleweights still in their prime.

>Had to break his losing streak against a welterweight who nearly finished him and was forced to take him down and use his size advantage to win.

Not to mention he tried getting Gegard Mousasi DQ'd by acting like he couldn't continue up until the knees were announced legal and he hopped up and was fine all of a sudden.

<36>
Preach.

Overated #8 all time at best.

He's gonna be remembered as the guy that tilts Silva's fans in whatever conversation he's in.

lol, a skillful combo? You mean like somewhat nervously throwing a slow 1-2 and then a slow hook? That's real complicated

Did I say a skillful combo?

Anderson used his clowning tactics to bait Weidman into trading with him to avoid the ground game. It worked. It's just that he got KTFO in the process.

See it for what it is, man. Anderson is human just like all the rest of us. His fans bought into all this "matrix" shit. He did the same stuff for a long time and when it worked it was amazing and he looked like Neo in the Matrix. When it didn't work, Weidman put him to sleep.

Did I say a skillful combo?

Anderson used his clowning tactics to bait Weidman into trading with him to avoid the ground game. It worked. It's just that he got KTFO in the process.

See it for what it is, man. Anderson is human just like all the rest of us. His fans bought into all this "matrix" shit. He did the same stuff for a long time and when it worked it was amazing and he looked like Neo in the Matrix. When it didn't work, Weidman put him to sleep.
You said a combo that silva wasn't expecting(skill) ...never been a silva fan, just can't stand that people think that weidman knocked him out because of skill.

Well since according to some fuckers here Anderson Clown Silva is a fraud then I think Weidman is just a bad fighter he is at best just better than Takase and Chonan.

He is basicaly an American Rio Choman!

You said a combo that silva wasn't expecting(skill) ...never been a silva fan, just can't stand that people think that weidman knocked him out because of skill.

I see why you're confused about the fight now. Evidently you just make shit up in your own head. I never said anything about any combo. Go back and read. Then go back and actually watch the fight. I don't think you understand how much you're twisting things in your own head.

Here, I'll make it easy for you:

Damn. You're dumb as fuck.

Go back and watch the fight and stop listening to Joe Rogan. Silva got the fuck beat out of him on the ground. Bad. He knew after that Weidman was no pillow fisted Chael Sonnen. He got his eyes rolled back in his head with that GnP at least once. Dude got hurt and he knew he couldn't afford to be underneath Weidman on the ground again. So, he did what he could do. He doubled down on his clowning antics to try to entice Weidman to exchange with him. Well, Weidman did. It just didn't work out as he intended.

I see why you're confused about the fight now. Evidently you just make shit up in your own head. I never said anything about any combo. Go back and read. Then go back and actually watch the fight. I don't think you understand how much you're twisting things in your own head.

Here, I'll make it easy for you:
Ooops there's just so many weidman fanboys that I've lost track of who I'm trying to talk sense into

It's not impressive to ko a guy with no defense. It is pretty impressive to abandon all forms of defense and still make people look like fools like silva did
This is the definition of wanting your cake and eating it too.

It's impressive to style on a guy but when your styling backfires it's not impressive.? What a load of shit lol
Anderson spent 20 years of his career keeping his hands down, beating the crap out of people in the process.

There are only 10 men in UFC history with more title defenses than Chris:

MM
Anderson
GSP
Jones
Aldo
Hughes
Ortiz
Liddell
Miletich
Shamrock (Frank)

He has the second most defenses in MW history, dethroned the GOAT of his division and beat him in an immediate rematch. People don't have to like him or buy his talent, but the results are what they are. In terms of the MW division, it's hard to deny him the #2 spot. You certainly can't put a random non-champion above him.

This is the definition of wanting your cake and eating it too.

It's impressive to style on a guy but when your styling backfires it's not impressive.? What a load of shit lol
Anderson spent 20 years of his career keeping his hands down, beating the crap out of people in the process.
Silva wasn't clowning as hard. He was getting booed when amped the clowning in the Maia fight, but it still wasn't close to what he did with Weidman.
Weidman's chance was the second fight, looked like he will win it too seeimg the 1st round where Silva was not natural and nervous since he naturally abandoned his loose way of fighting altogether when he got KOed when he was overdoing it. Unfortunately, he snapped his leg. Weidman like a total adolescent ass started parading around like it was due skill, his secret leg checking training, that he won.

A guy that bragged about beating silva twice when he never actually got a clean win against him and then absolutely collapsed under usada.
Shut the fuck up you bitch.

Anyway, I think it wouldn't be as bad as people say.

He'd be retiring on a win so people would see that and think more of the successes than fails. Deffo remembered as a top tier gu

Silva was messing around and literally was asking for it, it's not like weidman outworked him and got the ko off of skill

Weidman outworked Anderson both fights and it wasn't even that close. He said before the fight that he knew Anderson was going to taunt and play mind games with him inside the octagon and that he wouldn't bite. Joe Rogan begged him to go for a takedown during the first fight but Weidman continued to stand for the majority of the fight. Anderson had his biggest success with leg kicks in the first fight, something Weidman and his coaches talked about post fight.

He beat Anderson at his own game. Deal with it.

tumblr_inline_mq9cafdlSA1qz4rgp.gif

1c7VgTO.gif

XAXovUa.gif

UFC168-ChrisWeidmanXAndersonSilva-Rd1-SloMo1a-400-sg.gif

AS2.gif

AS3.gif

Last edited:
a lucky fighter

Being a champion and ending Anderson’s career

He squashed a spider and put some other filthy animals in their place.

Back