If Weidman retired tomorrow, what would be his legacy?

To solidify himself as MW GOAT I think he will have to beat post-USADA Bisping, GSP, or Whitaker.

He ducked Cyborg like a bitch.

“As soon as I saw (Magana) cursing back at Cyborg, I realize there is no one in between them and that something is going to go down,” Weidman said. “I started trying to break it up.

“I came in like, ‘C’mon, guys, let’s calm it down,’ and as soon (as I did that) ‘Cyborg’ just stops screaming at Magana, looks at me and says, ‘Don’t touch me.’

“I was like, ‘Alright, I’m good!’”

A great fighter with some great wins who went on a bad streak. Could have achieved more.

His greatest win was against an aged Anderson. His biggest defeat was the IV ban.

Silva wasn't clowning as hard. He was getting booed when amped the clowning in the Maia fight, but it still wasn't close to what he did with Weidman.
Weidman's chance was the second fight, looked like he will win it too seeimg the 1st round where Silva was not natural and nervous since he naturally abandoned his loose way of fighting altogether when he got KOed when he was overdoing it. Unfortunately, he snapped his leg. Weidman like a total adolescent ass started parading around like it was due skill, his secret leg checking training, that he won.
Anderson went full ham against Demian, what are you talking about?
6t0peb.jpg

s6udj9.jpg

2efi93m.jpg

Someone that wasn't afraid of Anderson would've knocked him the hell out because he left himself wide open for shots to the mouth... Like Weidman did.

Also Anderson and The Chris fought for a total of 12 and a half minutes in the cage and in that time frame Silva was almost knocked out on two separate occasions, was legitimately knocked out once, and had his leg broken. At literally no point in those 12 and a half minutes was Anderson ever winning, or was even remotely competitive with Weidman. 15 minutes is the normal length of time a fight is. If those two fights were the same fight, and Anderson had somehow survived, Weidman would've won a clear decision.

Why would it be equally impressive? It's not impressive to ko a guy with no defense. It is pretty impressive to abandon all forms of defense and still make people look like fools like silva did
It's impressive because no one else ever made him pay for it. Weidman did.

his whole legacy will be on the back of the fact A.silva decided to do the harlem shake instead of fight and got knocked the fuck out.

He'll be known as the over-the-hill Brazilian fighter beater

Another in a long line of fighters Sherdog is too quick to call a "GOAT". I mean, people were calling for him to move up to LHW and beat Jones for crying out loud.

He'll be known as the over-the-hill Brazilian fighter beater
Excluding Weidman, Luke Rockhold hasn't beaten a fighter under the age of 35 since Strikeforce Challengers... That was 2010.
That's just what the MW division is.

Excluding Weidman, Luke Rockhold hasn't beaten a fighter under the age of 35 since Strikeforce Challengers... That was 2010.
That's just what the MW division is.
Weidman is under 35

He'll always be known as the guy who beat Anderson.

I disagree. It was impressive as hell when Anderson successfully clowned...
jpuh7c_jpg.gif

0082_c5kz3.gif

xpnic3_jpg.gif

Equally impressive when someone capitalized and put him to sleep. You can't have it both ways.
Yes you can lol the reason it was impressive was because the degree of difficulty and the danger of fooling around in a fight is very high which is why they teach you not to do that lol when you knock out someone fooling around it is definitely not as impressive as getting away with fooling around so much

Back