If / when Ngannou defeats Stipe, will fans accept that he is better or will there be excuses?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If / when Ngannou defeats Stipe, do you think fans will accept that he is better or will there be excuses?

If you think there will be excuses, what to you think they will be? (e.g. "Stipe got caught"?)

If and when.
<Dana05>

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle.

There will be no excuse, Stipe will just be outclassed by a legendary fighter.

Last edited:
This is Sherdog. What the hell do you expect?

I’m wondering what the excuse will be when Stipe wins, because according to half of Sherdog, he’s only has beaten washed up fighters. Will Ngannou be his first legit win, or will people go to the “he was still green” card. But seriously, people will always make excuses for a fighter they like, even when that fighter doesn’t.

Depends on how the fight goes. If Stipe outclasses Francis for four rounds then gets one-punch slept then excuses can legitimately be made. If he just gets destroyed like the Reem did then no.

Last edited:
The thing is winning one fight doesn't make you better, if you look at pro muay thai there are guys that fought each other literally 10 times and have 50/50 splits between them. I'm not sure if I'll be impressed or not it depends on how he wins, if he shows stuff we haven't seen before and out fights Stipe then I'll be impressed. If Stipe is just a moron and runs into a punch and abandons his jab then less so

with every single MMA fan right now sucking on Ngannou's balls, I really hope Stipe breaks that title defense record and prove everyone wrong.
War Stipe

Better is a dumb word to use. This might be a hard concept for people who don't think much to grasp but "beating someone doesn't mean you're better than them." Crazy, crazy I know, but imagine it. A better striker can be knocked out by a worse striker who has more power. A slightly worse striker can be outstruck by a slightly better striker, despite having much better BJJ. A guy with 10 losses to wrestlers can knock out a guy who submitted every single one of those wrestlers. That's not even to mention the fact that a guy can first round KO a guy who would come back and dominate the fuck out of the first guy for 10 rounds in their next 2 fights.

These guys are heavyweights, knockouts happen. If Francis Ngannou beats the shit out of Stipe, I know I will have absolutely zero problem accepting the fact that he'll be the heavyweight champion of the world. To say that he's automatically the best heavyweight in the world for that takes some absolute ignorance of MMA as a whole and the irredeemable faults that the UFC has always had in booking ranked fights up to the title.

Stipe wrecks him by having great cardio, good chin and wrestling. Also, he doesnt give a fuck how ripped Ngannou is. Wouldnt be surprised if Stipe KOs him.

There will always be some excuses. Especially on sherdog.

If / when Ngannou defeats Stipe, do you think fans will accept that he is better or will there be excuses?

If you think there will be excuses, what to you think they will be? (e.g. "Stipe got caught"?)
stipe was always a bum, ngannou needs to get on a time machine and beat prime fedor and go to the future and bring back medince to heal cain and than fight him to truly see if he is the goat.

Lol at ppl talking about stipes wrestling as if its all world lol.. People love to pull shit out their asses to help them believe their fighter will win. Never seen stipe win a match or dominate one due to his wrestling.. so all this oh but but stipes wrestling .. please give it a break..

with every single MMA fan right now sucking on Ngannou's balls, I really hope Stipe breaks that title defense record and prove everyone wrong.
War Stipe

Not really man I see plenty of people around here saying "oh he only wins cuz he got KO power he will lose soon" " he will lose to Reem" then when Ngannou KTFO him every1 acts like hey knew it was gonna happen lol people r just mad they didn't see it coming and are trying to hop on the train last second and act like they knew all along... shit I was saying he was gonna KO Cain and get the strap since he KOd Luis Henrique

I saw a poll and it was about split 50/50 for Stipe Ngannou so when Ngannou KTFO him next month I don't want to hear no excuses cuz I see plenty of them on this forum all scared of the new champ we are about to get .... he will Be unstoppable

No excuses. He will become the ONE TRUE GOAT!

until he loses his next fight then... well... Ngannou was never my friend.

If he beats Stipe with the finish then I’ll be fully onboard with Ngannou being the “new breed HW”. My only concern is we haven’t seen him overcome adversity or even get cardiovascularly challenged, dat gas tank worries me.

Kind of reminds me of early Tyson’s rise to stardom, hopefully it doesn’t fizzle with out with the out of competition nonsense effecting his in cage performances.

It kinda looks like a lot of people have already accepted Ngannou as their Lord & savior. Don't think there will be too much belly aching without something controversial happening (eye poke, nut shot, bad stoppage, grabbing fence, strikes to the back of the head).

To me, the question is going to be how clogged will the forum be with "Derailed" threads if Stipe pulls it off cleanly?

Back