If you could change the career of any fighter, who's would you change, and why?

Just throw 2 or 3 more punches , Goddamn Nog! Forget about the fucking guillotine.

I'm actually glad he didn't. That was one amazing MMA moment. If I weren't a Mir fan I may have felt differently.

If I could change one man's career it'd be to have Conor fight Frankie after he smashed Aldo. If Frankie wins, he becomes a two div champ and ATG (may still get there, he's close now), if Conor wins he has cleaned out the best at FW and can go on to challenge for the LW belt. But this time it may not be against RDA, or if it was, RDA may not have injured himself. This would avoid the Diaz derailment.

I'd love to see Conor fight Frankie, Khabib and Ferguson, maybe a Max rematch and maybe Barboza too.

Oh, honourable mention:

Condit would get the correct result against Lawler to win the title, and beat the piss out of Magny.

I would have the UFC sign Fedor in late 2007, get him to fight Randy for the title, and for Randy to completely dominate him over 4 1/2 rounds before getting the TKO win

Randy would then ride off into the sunset, retiring and never looking back

Condit's loss with Lawler

or

Matt Brown's several fights

Conor having to fight Lawler instead of Cabo Nate. Or even RDA as originally planned.

Mike Tyson, he could have been the greatest ever. Cus D'amato must be ashamed.
This - no drugs, no Don King, robin, women etc just lock him up in a mosque with a big training facility and he can only come out to fight. Pretty selfish of me wanting to cage a lion but he coulda been 60-0 easy without "distractions"

I'd make Lyoto retire right after the won the LHW belt so that the Machida era could last forever...
<DCrying>

EDIT: scratch that, I'd simply change the fight vs Weidman so that Machida wins via crane kick KO and retires as former two-division champ.

I would have advised CM Punk not to accept UFC's offer to make his debut with them. Instead, take a winnable fight in a small org like Batista did. For all we know, this is what CM intended and then just got bamboozled by Dana Fertitta.

I would switch the outcome of Aldo McGregor. Or I'd like to have seen Mendez in peak shape vs McGregor.

Giving Jon Jones a life coach and a chauffeur.

Also TS, it's *whose.

Don’t need to change the fight or fighter, but if I can I would changed the judges

The two that gave the fight for Condit were assholes, don’t know shit about fighting, Nick Diaz won fair and square and should have been UFC WW champ

I would have the UFC sign Fedor in late 2007, get him to fight Randy for the title, and for Randy to completely dominate him over 4 1/2 rounds before getting the TKO win

Randy would then ride off into the sunset, retiring and never looking back

But then we would have missed out on one of the best TKOs in UFC history

method=get&s=randy-couture-lyoto-machida-gif.gif

Chael not getting subbed by Anderson in the 5th round.

The loss to Chael and losing his belt motivates and focusses Silva and he goes on another long streak of ass kicking and doesn't toy with Weidman.

What a fucking beta thread

"My favorite fighter can't lose, I can't stand him get punched in the face".

Grow a pair...

Chael not getting subbed by Anderson in the 5th round.

The loss to Chael and losing his belt motivates and focusses Silva and he goes on another long streak of ass kicking and doesn't toy with Weidman.

Did you miss the bit where Chael was so roided to the gills and beyond he couldn't even pass the fight weekend "IQ" tests?

Anderson would have retained the belt even if Chael hadn't choked.

Back