If you don't like rap, listen to this song, and tell me if you still hate it

I love rap & dislike that song immensely. Prof has one good song and it’s excellent, but that’s it.

As far as new rap Action & co, RTJ & Jay Idk are more to my liking.

I play “say your prayers” by Gangstar to validate hip hop to haters.

Most underrated rapper right now.

This is my :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. I only started listening to him like around may this year and he quickly became one of my favorite current rappers.

Fair enough. For me its all about the beats, the vibes, relatability and danceability. Personally I don't care that much for pure technical "skill" or showmanship through lyrics because rap is already inherently less skillful than most other genres of music.

To me rap and punk music are kind of similiar in that they are based way more on attitude and enthusiasm rather than pure musicianship.

Yeah I love the new groove, its a question of evolution, some keep up, some don't.

<LikeReally5>

That was awful.

That said, Aesop Rock is my go-to when I'm trying to turn people on to hip hop. If you can't appreciate his lyricism you're a pleb

Sounds like artsy John Cena mixed with a dying baby moose.

I don't like 99% of rap "music," but dälek hits the spot for me with their industrial, ambient, and noise rock influences:

Nice.

What do you think about clppng, Death Grips and Moodie Black?

I didn't know it was possible to sound like a rap hipster

I dont really know how to say, but I just dont dig his music. I dont like his hooks or beats.

I cannot even define a hook, but I just know it when I hear it, and I dont hear any. The beat? It does not go with the lyrics. The lyrics dont go with the beat.

Good rap is from early 90s and before

That song is what you need to show people to introduce them to rap.

This thread be a lot funnier if was in the OT

Honestly there has not been a lot of good rap songs. Run DMC was too catchy, and commercialized. They tried to put some edge in it during the 90s with Gangsta Rap, but even that is fake and corny. Guys like Dre were never gangbangers. Then you have Wu Tang, which is just crap. They marketed Wu Tang like their were some underground, exclusive hip hop gods who only the coolest, most street tough white kids would know. Then came along the White boys like Kid Rock, Eminem, and then they had rap battles, and now its all dead. Good riddance.

Last edited:
This thread be a lot funnier if was in the OT

Honestly there has not been a lot of good rap songs. Run DMC was too catchy, and commercialized. They tried to put some edge in it during the 90s with Gangsta Rap, but even that is fake and corny. Guys like Dre were never gangbangers. Then you have Wu Tang, which is just crap. They marketed Wu Tang like their were some underground, exclusive hip hop gods who only the coolest, most street tough white kids would know. Then came along the White boys like Kid Rock, Eminem, and then they had rap battles, and now its all dead. Good riddance.
imagine typing this out and then hitting post

I don't dislike rap, I can enjoy some of it. Alot of what I've heard in my my life I never enjoyed however.

You're right about it being an acquired taste.

That song was... I'll just be honest, I thought it was pretty awful. Definitely not something I can acquire a taste for. Some songs you have to sit on, you have to savor, some songs you just know right off the bat that you'll never like them...

<LikeReally5>

That was awful.

That said, Aesop Rock is my go-to when I'm trying to turn people on to hip hop. If you can't appreciate his lyricism you're a pleb

Love me a bit of Aesop.

Good lyrics in that song.

The melody, mood, beat and flow of this song essentially made me realize how awesome rap is.

Whenever I mention him people are like "ASAP Rocky!?"

So, rap music is an acquired taste as far as I can tell.

There is rap I like far more than this song, but I basically listen to blue grass labor movement Appalachia circa 1880-1940 folk music, or hardcore gangster rap. Weird I know.

I do not listen to commercial rap. I mean there was commercial rap music from the 90's that was good, but it is played out for me.

Prof Liability is the most commercial album I own. Prof was an actor on the show Full House. He writes his own beats. He sings his own hooks. He plays his own instrumentals.

Prof is a skilled musician, and I don't care how much you dislike rap, I challenge you to listen to this song, that takes the rock song from queen of the damned, and turns it into a hybrid, rap, rock, instrumental masterpiece.

If I was going to pick a song to appeal to rap haters and convince them of the art of rap, this is the song I would use to show you that rap music, is music, and takes skill.

dude that shit sucked

Btw, i want to be clear here. This prof song, was an attempt to get people who hate rap music, to hate it less, and see the musical skill here.

For hip-hop heads. This is the greatest rap song ever made.

This is up in the top of my list as well.

YES

Back