If you got offered 10k to fight a UFC prelim, and were getting pounded on, would you tap?

I'm 215 lbs.
So I'd probably pretend to twist my ankle after the ref explains the rules and call it a day.

After taxes you'd get shit. I'd deff tap. Hell I'd take one punch and pretend to be KOd. 50k would be a different story.

Id eizekiel choke the opponent while being mounted and pounded on, Oleinyk style. Hey Dana, 50 g's baby.

10 G's for brain damage is a great deal. OP I could give you brain damage for free if I saw you in the streets.
Oh-Tough-Guy-Funny-Jim-Carrey-Picture.jpg

I ain't fighting in the ufc for 10k. Fuck all that

The ref would stop it before I had the chance to tap.

Well 12k is the UFC's new bottom pay... but we all know it's about more than that one pay day. On the real, it's about more than pay at all for most people.

It wouldnt make sense for me to fight for that amount of money. I think for a lot of the people here it woudl be a quandary. People are poor yet have this delusional sense of pride and what tapping means. So they should definitely accept the fight and get pounded on to death, because they wouldnt want to be bitches. Its all good though because new fans will come into Sherdog and hopefully fight in the future.

Well 12k is the UFC's new bottom pay... but we all know it's about more than that one pay day. On the real, it's about more than pay at all for most people.
Yea, in all seriousness, fighting in the UFC is an opportunity. To see if you're the best. No one fights for 12k and sticks with that (unless things dont go as planned and they dont have a back up). You fight for exposure and the potential for bigger pay.

Fuck yes, I am old and do not need to be hit any more than I already have.

Yea, in all seriousness, fighting in the UFC is an opportunity. To see if you're the best. No one fights for 12k and sticks with that (unless things dont go as planned and they dont have a back up). You fight for exposure and the potential for bigger pay.
For sure testing themselves & getting the limitless opportunity that UFC offers... is WAY more motivation than their intro salary..

keep in mind though... each UFC contract comes with a guaranteed 3 fights per year (offered) & each fight progresses in pay by 2k. So even if someone loses 3 times... it's still 42k for the year if they accept all 3 fights that are offered to them.

The main consideration about pay though is that it doubles if you win. So if someone wins all 3 fights... their pay is $84k for the year. Pretty fooking sweet pay yeah? plus health insurance & travel expenses. Win or Lose, that's a hell of a lot better than the chump change they were making in the regional circuit.

If there was no logical way out of it of course I'd tap.

For sure testing themselves & getting the limitless opportunity that UFC offers... is WAY more motivation than their intro salary..

keep in mind though... each UFC contract comes with a guaranteed 3 fights per year (offered) & each fight progresses in pay by 2k. So even if someone loses 3 times... it's still 42k for the year if they accept all 3 fights that are offered to them.

The main consideration about pay though is that it doubles if you win. So if someone wins all 3 fights... their pay is $84k for the year. Pretty fooking sweet pay yeah? plus health insurance & travel expenses. Win or Lose, that's a hell of a lot better than the chump change they were making in the regional circuit.
Yea and thats what interesting about the UFC. It's a typical business where the larger business can afford to pay more. So compared to regional circuits its the big ticket. But, it also has a lot of market share where it has a lot of competition for fighters. So it doesnt need to pay as much to attract fighters, given their marketing size/name brand value. So, they will pay more if need be. You need to fight for your bigger paychecks and demonstrate value. You probably need to deal with negativity from the other negotiating side as well. So the dream is there, but you have to be smart about your career. One devastating loss and you're done.

Oh hellll no. I'd let myself get the Arona-Sakuraba treatment then get up and rough Herb Dean up in the process after him stopping it.

#realMan

No way Im fighting a professional UFC fighter for 10k.

(unless they are a woman. I would destroy them)
maybe CM punk for his third fight.
But if I could fight a woman, maybe Karate Hottie, she'll get a triangle submission win...I ain't tapping

Back